Need an Expert advice

danile

1 µW
Hi guys

My name is Dani and this will be my first post here. A small introduction first:
I'm 36, married + 1 :). I'm a structural engineer (aerospace), with background in RC modeling, mountain bicycles and composite manufacturing at home.
I did some electronic/mechanical projects, know my way around brushed/brushless motors, and no stranger to soldering batteries.

For several years I've been fascinated with small electric vehicles. I don't own one, because currently I just don't need it. I definitely see one in the future.
For a while now I've been looking for the available variety on the web. I love the idea of "last mile" vehicle, let us focus on stand up e scooters for now.
While there are some interesting models out there, they all feature very heavy structure, that is just not practical for carry while not riding (despite the lovely YouTube videos :)
There are some light scooters (very creative ones), but these are less practical, IMHO of course, they feature tiny wheels and smaller battery, and won't handle the modern urban surroundings where occasional drop or bump is common.

I have an idea for a different frame design (still stand up scooter). It is light, not expensive, and fully customizable with several common parts.
I did preliminary strength calcs, and it is very feasible and frankly I'm very excited about this :)

But first of all, I wanted to ask the professional forum here and daily users. Would you be interested in something like this? Will there be a market for this?
By this I mean: Practical light vehicle, with 150-200 mm inflated tires, around 10kg, foldable. Customizable frame/battery/motor/controller/wheels.

I would love to hear your feedback about this idea.

Thank you, have a great day
Dani

I think there's a market. :D
I make 6" billet pneumatic wheels (150mm). My older version is on centerset 608 bearings. The reason I mention that is they would be pretty nice in a mini scooter. I have the stl files. let me know if you'd be interested in using the design.

www.psychotiller.com

Back