Titanium foldable e-scooter TROLLI

trolli

10 µW
Hello Guys!

I am glad to show you my product: titanium foldable e-scooter http://trol.li

3 years ago I have started my e-way from chinese e-scooters(all R.I.P), then have built my first custom scooter on top of big-wheeled-scooter-frame(still alive :)) and after all decide that I need super durable frame. That was birth of TROLLI-project. For now we have test samples with >1000 km summary mileage, tested by people 80-120 kg of weight in an every day usage. We had accidents with bikes ( 2:0 TROLLI wins!), we had made a lot of changes in scooter construction and killed a box of controllers. So now I want to have some feedback from the world :)

Aside of main things (yes, it is really titanium, has 5 years frame-guarantee and yes it is really foldable-and-same-time-no-play-on-the-go), TROLLI can be considered as a platform: you can easily change/upgrade/experiment with different batteries or motors.

For now we still have no production-ready "universal" controller, but we are working on it. Final purpose is to have great frame + great and compact and wide-configurable controller (250-2000 Watt, 24-48V) + set of orderable forward forks (for now it is 100mm we easily can produce 120mm and will try to expand line for 160-200mm).

The price...let us call it "not-so-philanthropic" :) (actually it is expensive, I know) But we have no our own factory as well as we have no billion of money to build it, so producing small amounts of custom, titanium product is expensive. But big amounts can decrease price dramatically :)

Finally, I am kindly asking you to leave here any feedback or questions about TROLLI - good or bad. I will appreciate any.

Thank you.

Hmmm...I think something wrong with this forum, may be it is broken? I cannot see any answers!
It was sad joke.
May be this images will attract more attention:
011.jpg

The fingers said:
Thought it said TROLL! Maybe would be easier to read in a different font. Old, worsening eyes from looking at computer screens. :pancake:
Good idea :) May be it worth to try TROLLi - thank you for your thoughts

chvidgov.bc.ca said:
Not road legal in British Columbia. Check your local regulations.
Thank you for your question

The "dashboard computer" allows you to change speed limit by pressing buttons "up" and "down". It has 5 levels of programmable speed limits.
By default they are:
1 - 12km\h
2 - 16 km\h
3 - 20 km\h
4 - 25 km\h
5 - max km\h

It is possible to reprogram this limits to make it legal for any speed regulations

Thank you

Hello, Guys!
Why is it so quiet here? Maybe some photos can wake the audience :)
004 — копия.jpg011.jpg

Hi, from your description and the pictures I see that a huge amount of love and work has been poured into your scooter.

Big kudos for that. Now you may have a similar problem than me : your communication is not great! No offense here, let me explain :wink:

I come here daily and it took me a month before seeing your thread despite coming regularly. Many e-skaters moved unfortunately onto other forums leaving most of ES to the e-bikes builders. The crazy here was one year ago.

To attract audience to your scooter you should not hesitate to film yourself riding TROLLI. Even an amateurish video will do, just update a YouTube channel with building time, or going to manufacture or stuff. People love that, I suck at providing it yet that's what I ask from others.

Publish on ES Facebook page. Do you have one? You SHOULD get one and post it up. That's a ton of time to pour into communication (I'm not talking about advertisement). Give more to the community and you will get better feedback. An arm for a finger.

Back on topic, it looks very good. Which motors are you using and what is your battery setup and range? About controllers which type are you building? How many FETs? FOC capable? Do you plan on making a "assist mode"? What is size of wheels and tyres, is it easy to swap / repair? What about torque on the 2000W version? Lots of questions to be asked there :)

Vanarian said:
I come here daily and it took me a month before seeing your thread despite coming regularly. Many e-skaters moved unfortunately onto other forums leaving most of ES to the e-bikes builders. The crazy here was one year ago.

I just want to second everything Vanarian said. Also, as many already know with experience in this area, the weak points in the frame tend to be the folding mechanism and where it connects to the board. It's not very clear how the folding mechanism works from the pictures you showed, and the rear fork also looks a bit flimsy, like it is being held on by a bolt. It would be better if you could show some better pictures of the build quality.

Also, question question for Vanarian, what are the other popular e-skate communities these days?

Kneelb4ZOD said:
Also, question question for Vanarian, what are the other popular e-skate communities these days?

Hi :) mainly I see Reddit and electric skateboard builders, e-sk8.fr and .de are also working fairly active and regular with many core members.

I have hard time using reddit because of the format, though.

Vanarian said:
Hi, from your description and the pictures I see that a huge amount of love and work has been poured into your scooter.

Big kudos for that.

Thank you! :))

Vanarian said:
Now you may have a similar problem than me : your communication is not great! No offense here, let me explain :wink:

To attract audience to your scooter you should not hesitate to film yourself riding TROLLI. Even an amateurish video will do, just update a YouTube channel with building time, or going to manufacture or stuff. People love that, I suck at providing it yet that's what I ask from others.
You are perfectly right, I need to invest more energy in this direction.

Vanarian said:
Publish on ES Facebook page. Do you have one? You SHOULD get one and post it up. That's a ton of time to pour into communication (I'm not talking about advertisement). Give more to the community and you will get better feedback. An arm for a finger.
Shame on me, but even didn't know about ES fb-page. Thanks for great advice!

Vanarian said:
Back on topic, it looks very good. Which motors are you using and what is your battery setup and range?
We have tested a number of motors, keeping in mind minification of weight. Chosen one for production was light 350W geared motor with overall weight 2.7kg.
It can do ~30km\h with my weight (80 kg) with good dynamics (peak power up to 1kW).
We are using 48V Li-Ion batteries of 18650 Panasonic PF cells in a standard battery cases (Luna, Pedelecs - they use the same battery case).
For now we have two battery options: 11,6Ah*48V (3,3kg) and 17,6Ah*48V (4kg)
11,6Ah do ~ 30Km range (for my weight), 17.6 ~ 50km.

Vanarian said:
About controllers which type are you building? How many FETs? FOC capable? Do you plan on making a "assist mode"?
For now we are using Chinese controller (so called KT controller) the main advantage of which is compactness and reliability. (6 FETs + FOC)
There is a new candidate - VESC generic(6 FETs + FOC\BLDC mode) which main advantage is open source firmware so we can modify it for our needs and get much more power than from KT controller.
We have been discussed "Assist mode", and it is possible to implement, but all our testers says that "I will not use any assist mode after I tasted push-the-throttle-and-overtake-a-wind mode " :)

Vanarian said:
What is size of wheels and tyres, is it easy to swap / repair? What about torque on the 2000W version? Lots of questions to be asked there :)
Wheel diameter is 12 inches (including tires). Last time when I have caught nail in a tire: I have changed tube right on the street by hands, it took me about 20 minutes. With some experience you can change tube without any tool :) But it is obviously better to use bike service if it possible - in my place they do this work fast, cheap enough and generally has backup 12'' tires and tubes right in store.
I can say that it is possible to install 14 inch wheels too but it looks too brutal :) scooter becomes more like offroad than city transport :)
Actually even on our small and light 350W motor we can have quite good torque (with our VESC-generic controller) it is about 30 N/m and it feels quite dynamic from the start.
2000W wheel we have tested has about 60N/m and it was like ...overreacting, but there are some people who liked it :)

Ok thank you for all the infos ;) that's some serious torque you got there! 30km/h with climbing and good range is also big plus, not many people will go past this speed.

VESC is really great, that's what I'm using too (somewhat custom version and intend to go further custom). Main advantages would be the big community support and multiple apps available, easy program too and Arduino compatible.

It's a good thing too that the tires can easily be replaced / repaired. Really look forward to see more progress!

Back