Buy E-skateboard OR make DIY e-skateboard?

picodeloro

1 µW
Hi there! My board broke down last week and I was thinking of buying one. However, I've been reading in the internet about DIY electric skateboards. Quite interesting but being a busy person, it is such a hassle for me to create one even with video tutorials and such. So maybe, I'll just buy a new one. This dilemma is endless so I want to ask you guys. Would it be better to create or just buy a new one? What are the advantages of DIY e-skateboards? Please enlighten me since I'm still considering DIY. If not, what would be a good brand? I have a Maxfind before but it doesn't last long. There's a list here of e-skateboards but it's confusing.

I would build one as you can choose what is more important to you (be it speed or distance), and you can also gain experience if you don't have any. I also think that you will be more satisfied with a working DIY result as opposed to just getting one in the mail. At the moment I am trying to build one myself. :) :)

You've come to ES. You've already took a first step toward building your board ;)

Make a little effort, it is super easy nowadays to make a custom powerful and reliable board. Nothing like few years ago.

Back