Uber scoot 36v is 1000w

Dogscoot

1 µW
Hi all, just bought a 36v 1000w kick scooter, great machine but soooo underpowered coming from 2 stroke,

What's the first few things I can mod to get acceleration, obviously batteries controllers etc will come later

I use it to walk my dog (well run) but she's at least twice as fast as this scooter and that's just not roght

The only thing that doesn't require new electronics is to change out the sprockets. You basically change gearing, so you sacrifice acceleration to get more top end, and vice versa, like a bicycle.

Thanks aethyr

I've thought about that but any change I make woll compromise either the acceleration or top end (both of which need upgrading)

Couple of issues from last nights run

1. On flat grass without much resistance it's terribly slow, as soon as you get on a decent bit of mud track it speeds up again, it's not like the rear wheel is slipping, it feels like it's the controller limiting power

2. It does not have ANY hill climbing abilities, I'm 86kg, the scooter is 46kg and it would not get up a short but steep hill,

Yeah, then you're going to have to upgrade the electronics - battery/controller/motor. You might be able to squeeze more out of the motor, so at least controller/battery. You will probably want to overvolt, to 48v, (at current gearing, will give you same torque but more top end) which means you'll need new batteries and controller to handle it. Brushed controllers are dirt cheap. Batteries..not so much. You can go hobby Lipo batteries which are a bit cheaper, but then you need either a hobby charger or BMS/48v charger.

aethyr said:
Yeah, then you're going to have to upgrade the electronics - battery/controller/motor. You might be able to squeeze more out of the motor, so at least controller/battery. You will probably want to overvolt, to 48v, (at current gearing, will give you same torque but more top end) which means you'll need new batteries and controller to handle it. Brushed controllers are dirt cheap. Batteries..not so much. You can go hobby Lipo batteries which are a bit cheaper, but then you need either a hobby charger or BMS/48v charger.

Hi, can my Uberscoot 36v 1000w controller handle 48v lithium?

[/quote]

Should be able to but you will lost the low voltage cut off protection for you battery. Just watch for it. Bty brush motor controller are cheap
But even with the 48v set up you still be only running max speed at 21x1.25mph. roughly 26mph.
Other option is to upgrade to those widely available brushless motor. 1500-3000watt runs on battery 48v-72v depends on model.

2Phast2Delirious said:
Skippo said:

Should be able to but you will lost the low voltage cut off protection for you battery. Just watch for it. Bty brush motor controller are cheap
But even with the 48v set up you still be only running max speed at 21x1.25mph. roughly 26mph.
Other option is to upgrade to those widely available brushless motor. 1500-3000watt runs on battery 48v-72v depends on model.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm guessing these controllers have 60/63 volt capacitors, so I'll give it a shot. The UberScoot controller is one of my favorites because it's high-quality and comes with a 2-speed (eco/turbo) option, which is a game changer because you can choose to ride fast or long distance.

@36v/35a, I can reach speeds up to 22 mph. With 48v/35a, I should be able to do 25-30 mph (1600w). Because I'm using lithium and have a voltage meter, I require the lower cut-off voltage. The LCV for 48 volts is 41 volts, but 48v lithium pack's LCV is 38v, so I can actually squeeze an extra 3-5 miles out of it.
[/quote]

The controller is under built imo their was hardly anything inside the aluminum case but I do remember the few caps it had were 50v

Back