etwow battery replacement

tung256

100 W
my etwow stand up scooter battery is no longer holding charge after 300miles. i dont remember charging it more than 30 times, thought the battery life would be much longer.
anywho, where can i get a new battery? EVEN better, how to DIY it with normal Turnigy lipo? i dont want to depend on proprietary battery packs. please help

disassemble.
if its 18650 cells... great. tons of options.
if its lipo pouches, either measure for replacements, or figure out what you can fit in the stock box.

for now, it's range is 1/3 of when i first got it. so instead of 12 miles range, i get about 4 miles.
i also noticed it charges up to "full" in 1 hour instead of about the original 3hours. what does that mean? maybe 2/3 of the cells are damaged and the BMS is smart to skip those damaged cells?

tung256 said:
for now, it's range is 1/3 of when i first got it. so instead of 12 miles range, i get about 4 miles.
i also noticed it charges up to "full" in 1 hour instead of about the original 3hours. what does that mean? maybe 2/3 of the cells are damaged and the BMS is smart to skip those damaged cells?

Could be just one bad cell. Bad cells have lower capacity, so they fill up and reach HVC faster, leaving the good cells way under charged.

Only way to know for sure is break the pack down and cycle test each cell.

Back