Super turbo 1000watt

Hey guys recently picked up a super turbo 1000watt scooter for $250!!! Came with a snapped chain fixed it rode it loved it. Guy said it goes 50km but more like 25km now i want to upgrade im slowly sourcing 18650 cells from laptop batteries because prices in Australia are through the roof atm! Im looking to convert it to a hub motor has anyone used one or recommend one? Hoping for something that will do 50 to 60km thanks guys!

This one?

If yes, what is the diameter of the threaded part of the axle, and what is the tire size (from the tire sidewall)?

Super-Turbo-1000watt-Elite-Electric-Scooter-Side.jpg

Yes this one except mines a chinese ripoff i think its called a madmax 48v 1000watt
No clue on the axle and pretty sure its 8'

Hi Nathan good day to you.
If it's a 48v 1000w model then it's a brushed MY1020 motor and they tend to get hot when pushed hard they have plenty of torque but a narrow efficency band along with arcing they do use more power than a brushless alternative.
There's a better alternative on the newer scooters they use a motor called a BOMA 60v 2000w or a 48v 1600w, with that you existing wheel and chain will fit just a new controller, there's a bracket version and one with out so check what motor you have existing and match it if you plan to go this route.
I've not done a hub on one of these I like the ability to change gearing and can't really recommend one but there's a few threads of people using 800w hubs but at this size point I think the boma will be cheaper and more than powerful enough with 16s and 58amp I've had 48mph out of my simular scooter on the flat I paid £90 for mine even cheaper and I done a full 16s lipo build that cost me just under £500.
I'm in the process now of condensing it all down into a razor e300 frame as it looks crazy and being lighter I plan to feed it a bit more power to get me that magic 50mph on a kids scooter.

spinningmagnets said:
This one?

If yes, what is the diameter of the threaded part of the axle, and what is the tire size (from the tire sidewall)?

Super-Turbo-1000watt-Elite-Electric-Scooter-Side.jpg

M10 with a fixed allen key head one side and threaded for a nut on the other not sure on length around 180mm i can get the length if needed, the tyres used are 90/60 6.5 tyre.
Some axles I have are threaded both sides I prefer the Allen key I know I have good engagement on both sides then and no stubborn last nut that i need to use a vice or grips to get it off and possibly damage the shaft.

Thanks for the tips ill look into the the brushless motors :) i just hate the chain noise and the chain thats on mine is really tiny could you recommend and upgrade for a chain and sprockets? Might be the first thing on the list.
I also recently picked up 60+ "dead" laptop batteries so nows the painful process of taking them all apart and finding all the good cells! Its worth it considering i paid nothing for the whole lot :)

Ok done a little research. Ive found a 60v 2000watt brushless motor on ebay for $160 this doesnt include the controller. Then i found one on stealthscooter.com that includes the controller its max amps is 32 and its like $270 so i was thinking of buying the motor by itself and then the luna cycles programmable controller for $99 so technically im getting a better deal? I would post pics but i dont know how to on mobile : (

Go the separate route I used a cheap sunwin 48-72v 1500w on max settings it pushes 58amp at 16s the motor seemed to lap it up accelerate to 30mph then turbo would kick in and 40mph followed quickly then ring it's neck to just under 50mph, I'm still not sure what the controller was doing but I think it was going sensor less and advancing the timing of the motor while upping the amps, the transition would be violent.

And this bring's me to the point you mentioned t8f chain is crapolla it's real loud and snaptastic soon as it has a heavy load on full power its on borrowed time, 219 chain is what some use but it's a hack to get it to fit pit bike parts need to be used and some sort of adapter for the motor housing.

In this repect the lightning big block motor and the lmx motor have an advantage they are more expensive but come stock with a 219 drive sprocket.

How do i post pictures? Lol i think i found the motor and controller that i want but i cant get opinions because i cant upload : (

Thats the one i got, go for it i run it on 16s lipo or liion capable of 60amps continious and it's a rocket take you to just under 50mph about 76kph.

Yeah that controller on high setting gives out 3.8kw on turbo mode, stock 54/11 gearing it revs out to just under 7krpm trust me you will either be broken up or well impressed.
Take it easy on the chain keep it slack and we'll lubed when climbing hard back off a bit on the flat let it rip take over cars etc.

I emptyed a 1kw pack into a 1600w boma motor revving flat out I cover just under 15 miles in just over 20 minutes it was warm but withing tolerance it's a beast up top and plenty of climbing torque.

Sweet! Ill be definitely ordering this now. How big is the controller? Like physically.

And ive just got to figure out the battery config i wanna run with now aha

Still slowly going through all these cells aha

Attachments

• 20180417_232944-1195x2124.jpg
    20180417_232944-1195x2124.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 2,908
It's an 18fet fits down the side of the battery frame nice, should have dimensions on the listing.
That was my set up, controller on the side bare lipos no bms stacked in alu plates and a watt meter shunt so I could have a basic monitor for it all then I would balance charge with a rc charger charging 8s at a time.

48mph on the flat.
Had a bad cap on the controller so I stripped it of all it parts and it's just a bare frame nw.
35-40mph is ideal on these after that speed wobbling and stopping becomes am issue depends on how and where you ride.

I was blasting down hill about 50mph and it didn't want to stop for a bend in the road I got round there by skin of my teeth so I decided to build a smaller razor scooter the aim is 30mph with same wheels but much lighter so I can ride the scooter not the scooter ride me.

Sounds crazy man. Makes me wanna think twice about swapping in a 2000w boma. I'm thinking about fixing it up and selling it as is. I already got a sick custom e300 swapped with a my1020 800w 36v. Thing pops wheelies like crazy but I just reduced gearing from 5:1 to 3.8ish:1 to hopefully get a top speed of 30+. I love it more than my super turbo it's light and fun and it gets around great. Currently just working on fixing a stripped motor shaft thread then she'll be running great again. All I gotta do is add disc break conversion. If I want to get crazy in the future 48v controller and battery and she'll be pushing 40+!!

Also got another e300 red Scooter I picked up for $35 wondering if I should go all out boma brushless on there :lol: :twisted: 1800w of pure madness.

I got two bomas and that was my plan but it would have to sit above the deck to keep decent ground clearance no biggie really as I've done it with a brushed my1020 in the past but I wanted to keep stock looking so I stalled the plan.

Controller location would be difficult to the battery box I found will fit 16s 10ah of turnigy graphene but there's just enough room left for a Bluetooth shunt so the controller would have to be a 12fet sat sideways were the original motor mounted and then top mount the boma motor and convert it to 219 chain with a 9t tkm go kart motor sprocket and oset 62t wheel sprocket giving 6.88 gearing stock bomas are around 105kv so top speed will be around 40mph with loads of grunt available at 60amp or so.

Back