Yet another Razor e300 thread

Ianhill

1 MW
Got a build on the go not really looking for input just sharing my experience's but anyone is welcome to speak call me out on what you like what ever Im not attempting to misslead or misinform, if you think my work is shit then by all means drop a comment and have a giggle rather than sit in the shadows I like constructive criticism and always like to learn if someone is willing to teach but don't preach with out giving a reason, there no attacking and saying something over and over to try and make it right, this is a build for intermediates that know enough to get it done and understand it but don't follow every atom through the system we are all still learning even if you don't believe it.

Now thats over I'm condensing all my previous builds into a razor e300 that is like new and I had it for a price that was rude not to I plan to put the goodies of all my builds and plant them all in this one.

I will be using the razor e300 and fitting my larger wheels to it fitting hydraulic disc brakes front and back, a 60v 2000w brushless motor with a 18 fet Bluetooth controller pushing upto 24s 80amp for a maximum of 7kw, my plan is to run at 18s and 65amp I believe with my past build's this is the threshold to get me not just to 50mph but over it too.

I've started to piece the rear end together to see what I'm working with and the size constraints are tight but workable, so far the front end is complete I've fitted a 3w led, the wheel runs free and the disc brake is attached via a plate that's welded on and conforms to IS fitting just like a regular fork so it looks factory next I've got the rear wheel on the frame and working a line for the motor next where I will mod the frame to get the motor in a sweet spot up in the frame, I will cut the frame to do this I will show a few pics to guide and show along the way but when I'm done the original foot plate will fit back on no cutting and the motor won't be low to the floor.

View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Wow nice! I love the colour. Did you repaint it? IMHO, going over 40mph on this, with no suspension and proper brakes, while standing, is not very safe. :roll:

I have a friend who had a compound fracture of his leg falling off a stock razor it looked like bbq ribs sticking out his shin.
I will take all the precautions and drive it like a stunt man fully prepared but like you say it's sketchy no doubt so it has to be one of the best of its breed to have any chance in keeping me safe and I'll only do those speeds in areas I deem safe and smooth enough and even then it can still go sour fast.

The colour is stock there's 3 colour's over the 35 or more versions of the razor e300 this is one of the late version where the wheel can not slide back and forth it is mounted from underneath early versions were blue with a folding handle bar then there's a light silver model and then the dark grey models some have 3.00 4 tyres and some have smaller 2.80 4 tyres and use a different front fork, mine had the small wheels but I have loads of spares and had a set of forks from the larger tyre version and I've modded them with a disc holder spaced for a 140mm disc on the 6.5 inch rim and tyre.

Had a little potch with the rear end over the weekend, I've found that I'm going to need a new axle 10mm longer but ive sourced that and my original will do for mocking up, the rear disc brake is mounted I need to order new fixings but again this is mock up so as long as it all lines up and tightens down I can make it pretty down the line.

I'm happy so far with the outcome all is going to plan, I have fitted the 6.5inch rims got 140mm discs along with hydraulics front and rear on and working no rub at all, my plan is next to mount a 60v 2000w boma motor.

I want this to be least invasive as possible I got 48mph on my old brushless scooter with a 55/11 gearing giving 4.901 to 1 on this I will be using a 44/9 gearing giving 4.888 so fractionally taller gearing with less weight means I'd hit 50mph same set up more than likely with the wind behind me but there's no fun in that this will be turned up to 11.

The reason I'm choosing to change the gearing by such a small amount is the overall chain length will be around 6 links shorter and I can fit the original tensioner and chain cover back on, I will have to use t8f chain to do this and its not my favourite by a long shot but I will have to get a non plated decent quality one and just keep it well lubed this scooter will have a shorter sprocket to sprocket chain length than the full suspension larger scooters so I'm hoping it's less strain overall.

Few pics showing the rear brake then the foot plate on showing the stock'ish look so far it's much lighter than stock the rims make a massive difference the hydraulics are light too even compared to cable avid bb5 I have lying around they are nearly half the weight and more stopping power too.

View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Edit

I've spotted that a razor e200 sprocket would drop straight onto these wheels, be an ideal setup for a little one with a 36v 350w my1016 motor 54/9 sprocket''s would leave it close to stock gearing once the wheel is taken into account.
The stock wheels balancing is whack these rims are tubeless and are much better at high speed but there's cheap tyres out there I've been stung with out of round and terrible quality tyres in the past so I just done a massive burnout and killed them, 4.4kw on the black beast for a about a minute and it was toast.
Tubeless all the way

Back