Building a adult “kickbike” “kickscooter” with only China parts. (Total noob)

hi all. New to this forum, and I’ve tried using search to find similar builds, but either I’m using the wrong search words, or it’s just not to many done this kind of builds..(?)

my my dream is to build a adult big “stand up kickbike” using cheap Chinese parts.
I’m new to ebikes, but I’ve done a lot of diy rc builds (mostly drones), so I do have some basic understanding of lipo, brushless motors, esc and so on.

So first of all, if anyone have the correct name for this kind of “bikes” in English so I can do a better search pleas let me know (English is NOT my native language, coming from Norway).

i’ve found a frame I like, and thinking to use a hub motor on the back wheel, because I think this would give me most torque. I’m a heavy dude, and need torque before speed.
I’m hoping to build something that have decent range (event with my weight), and does around 20 km/t (about 13mph).

So I’m starting on bare ground, so any tip in what I’m should be looking for when it comes to motors, Watts, voltage and so on would be highly welcome!

2014-new-adult-kickbike-scooter-for-sale.jpg_350x350.jpg

50Kph
http://s.aliexpress.com/M3Ufua2U?fromSns
I have researched building the same Alibaba Kick Bike. I was planning to use a Mxus 500w geared Hubmotor, with 100mm axle dropout width, which is the width of the Kick Bike rear dropout as I understand. This motor is listed as a bike Front Hubmotor for this axle width, but will fit perfectly in the rear. Make sure you order the Kickbike with a rear disc brake, as then you can easily Convert, fitting the existing disc rotor straight onto the new Hubmotor.
I was going to use a 48v 18650 bottle battery fitted to the scooter downtube, and use a KT Kunteng 20amp Sinewave controller, KT LCD3 display and a thumb throttle to complete the conversion.
I can highly recommend speaking to Jack at Speedless 1699 store on AliExpress. I have enjoyed incredible service from him and thus store on my last Fatbike conversion. Jack can arrange to lace the Mxus 500w Hubmotor into a new rear wheel rim, matching the factory rear wheel, making it a very simple plug and play conversion.
Good Luck!

tormod_norway said:
Thank you for your answer and contact details to AliExpress vendor!

No problem.. Hope it helps you in your conversion plans!
Jack at Speedless 1699 was fantastic when I was converting my Fatbike to electric power. My Thai / Taiwanese manufactured bike is fitted with some really nice Jinhua Powercircle rims, with Triangle shape cutouts, and finished in Anodised Red colour. I wanted to buy a Mxus 3000w V2 4T Hubmotor from Jack, but wanted him to lace the motor into a wheel rim identical to the OEM rims on my bike.
I sent him photos of my bike rim, explaining I had tried unsuccessfully to source a rim myself, either from my bike's manufacturer or Jinhua Powercircle the rim manufacturer in China, who had a minimum order requirement of 100 rims! Within a few days, Jack managed to source an exact match to my rims, confirming this with photos sent to me! And at an amazingly low price I thought..
Once he had the rim, the motor was laced in and dispatched to me in Thailand and it arrived in perfect condition, and perfectly assembled. After 4000kms of riding, the wheel is still perfect, and has required no spoke tension adjustment and runs superbly. They are great people at this store IMO.. Jack is a marvel.. Hope this is of help!
View attachment 2
IMG_20170303_114313.jpg
IMG_20170425_113914_20170425114808807(0).jpg

Back