kelly controller and a 1600w motor

matsh

1 W
Hi guys,
my stand up scooter 48v 1600w brushless modell, have changed batterypack and had a big kelly keb controller laying that is not used anymore. tried to wire this up to the scooter/motor but no luck. tried all 36 wiring possibilities, the best one is pulling 1200w with wheel in the air and maybe wheelspeed is half off what the stock controller is. so this cant be right.
motor says unitemotor.com on the backside.
anyone got a idea ?

is there some controller motor that are not compatible ?

To my knowledge, almost all Kelly controllers need to be programmed after installation.

My guess is, the controller is using whatever settings were used the last time it was hooked up.

You say you tried all 36 combo's, I'm assuming this is phase and hall combo's. Once you found one that kinda worked, did you go thru the Kelly and change or at least check the current configuration?

Hi, yes its not that much to controll in the software. have tried 60 and 120 degree in the sensor settings with the same results. have checked max and min voltage and max amp settings. ewerything seems correct.

Hmmm... just looked at the manual.

maybe in reverse mode where it limits to 50% speed???
or maybe it's stuck in economy mode (50% current)???

can you load a pic of the motor?

both those functions is disabled in the softvare.
and with stock controller at full speed with wheel in the air its pulling 120-150w maximum, with the kelly at the best workign hall phase wiring combo it puls 1400w so something must be wrong.
strange thing is both 60 or 120 degree hallsensor setting in the softvare dont do anything with how it works.

did buy a new kelly kls4812s, easy setup with automatic hall phase cenfiguration. supersmooth trothle controll and no sound from the motor. togheter with vw e-up 14s cells and controller at 80 percent im topping at around 3300w measured with a cheap ebay power meter on the battery cables.
pulls much stronger, not shure how long the unitemotor will hold upp with twice the power as stock

nope, but the old big keb 12.000w controller i had was a bit on the big size for this scooter anyway.i know the controller worked when i removed it from my ebike. not shure why i had no working combination with this motor.

Back