Ideal scooter specs, does this exist? Or will it be diy?

joekitch

100 µW
I think I'm being converted from esk8 to scooter, but I'm finding there's a lot of very fast very heavy scooters, and a lot of kinda slow very light scooters, and nothing in between

Basically my scooter wish list is, in order if importance
-foldable
-under 50lbs
-top speed of 30mph or higher on flat ground, with some powerful hill climb capability for where I live (San Francisco)
-some kind of suspension
-pneumatic tires
-range of at least 15 miles, but this is the least relevant stat, I'd happily trade range for less weight

I can't really find anything like this for sale?

Pretty much what I am after also. From what I have seen with some modest searching, I think you will have to hotrod something to get to those speeds. There are some dual hub motor, dual suspension scooters but I don't think they are sub 50lbs and they sell for like $2000.
I think Alien Drive systems has a foldable scooter that claims 27mph. That could be one route.

I am going the diy route with a modded Razor e300 based off of Ianhill's earlier design. Remains to be seen if it will be durable enough to handle semi regular trips.

joekitch
Im building my own as i couldnt find what i wanted , after searching for weeks i stumbled upon , honghao scooter.
https://cnhonghao.en.alibaba.com/
id like to see some reviews on the sphere from owners . The 2400 w is the latest / most power-full version and the are reported to use some good cells, Japanese i think.
Edit ow watch out for the shipping costs though, not friendly :flame:

Interesting discovery by a friend; Singapore escooter reseller who has something that meets my needs almost exactly

https://www.falconpev.com.sg/collections/electric-scooters-e-scooters/products/zero-10

For only $1000 usd in fact...problem is I'm suspicious of that low price

WOW-
"-top speed of 30mph or higher on flat ground,"
Have you ridden one going half of that ??
It WILL Scare You !

My E-90
Using Only 24V Drill Packs
stock 12V 80W motor with drill trigger throttle
It does have a front wheel and fork off my E-Punk
pneumatic at about 8", or 200X50
Goes about 16 Mph on flat trails
(packing about 200 Lbs, me and back pack)
Makes my bike stuck friends have to push it to keep up
lucky for them range is only about a mile and and half
on my little pack. {enough to get to FoosBall night }

When I get my
Schwinn YO Deluxe
14" F & 12" R Wheels
Done
I'd like about 20 or maybe up to 25 Mph TOP!
I'd like about 7 to 10 mile range
Getting bucked off at what the E-90 does is enough
Yes the trigger throttle it the VERY scary part
Pull it to much from a stop and it isn't under you any more
Let off all the way from high speed and you are about over the front end
Letting off just about all the way but still holding a little will let you coast sort of.

just
say n

i actually have done 28 on an esk8, although not for very long. that feels far less secure since there's nothing to brace yourself against.

in all fairness if i'm going 30 i pad up. Armored motorcycle jacket, full face helmet(tsg pass), articulated knee pad armor, maybe some gloves that can slide.

the reason for such a high top speed is the ability to operate around cars and be directly in front or behind them to increase visibility.

actually just discovered the dualtron spider which might be just what i need, it even weighs just under 40lbs so rather light for the specs. front and rear full suspension, 3600 watts, wide deck, and the folding style where the whole front folds in instead of just the handle bars. Tubeless instead of pneumatic tires though, that sucks, might mod that

https://www.scootersg.com/products/dualtron-spider-lta-compliant-pre-orders

however it's $2700 for the base model, BEFORE shipping

The Luna Apocalypse scooters would fit your criteria, but unfortunately they are no longer selling them. It used hub motors in 10" wheels, folds and goes way faster than I would ever want to go on a stand up scooter.

found an interesting possibility, dualtron JUST released their Spider, which is like a dualtron 3 on a crash diet, a lot of parts swapped out for light weight stuff, but still 3600w peak power, all under 20kg (under 44 pounds)

the 10.5 ah weighs 18.2kg (40.1 lbs) and costs $3000 usd
the 17.5ah weighs 19.8kg (43.6 lbs) and costs $3500 usd
still 10" pneumatic tires with suspension front and rear
top speed is probably 50kph stock, maybe a bit more

https://www.scootersg.com/collections/dualtron-usa-colleciton/products/dualtron-spider-pre-orders

Looks perfect for my use case but man, $3000 usd shipped is still a lot of cash money

I am a fan of 48V / 52V systems because they can power an inverter to produce 110V AC during a power outage.

I am surprised nobody sells power skateboards and stand-up scooters using cordless tool batteries. 18V, 24V, 36V, also seriesed 18V for 36V, and my favorites are the EGO 14S / 52V

They have horrible capacities and bms super duper limited amps they're not realistic you'd need so many together. The only thing stopping me from making my own packs is a good battery spot welder.

I have been doing a lot of research also with similar requirements as you. I think this one will be a good fit for you. As you are located in San Francisco, they are located in San Rafael. Spoke to them on the phone, they seemed very nice and have a service department for repairs. Check it out.

https://minimotorsusa.com/products/speedway-mini-4-pro

Speedway scooters are actually kinda bad, they have much worse build quality than dualtrons, this from a few folks in Singapore I've been talking to.

joekitch said:
Speedway scooters are actually kinda bad, they have much worse build quality than dualtrons, this from a few folks in Singapore I've been talking to.

I would call them and talk to them. Maybe even pay them a visit. They are local. They seemed to stand behind their product when I spoke to them. Also they said the batteries are Panasonic.

Z_408 said:
I have been doing a lot of research also with similar requirements as you. I think this one will be a good fit for you. As you are located in San Francisco, they are located in San Rafael. Spoke to them on the phone, they seemed very nice and have a service department for repairs. Check it out.

That's interesting. Where abouts in San Rafael? That's where I'm located. I should go pay them a visit.
Those scooters look pretty decent.

fechter said:
Z_408 said:

That's interesting. Where abouts in San Rafael? That's where I'm located. I should go pay them a visit.
Those scooters look pretty decent.

Don't know the address. When I was on the phone with them, they said San Rafael. Call them.

Back