How to wire this throttle to this speed controller?

paul fortman

100 mW
Hi guys,
I have replaced the throttle and speed controller on my scooter. The problem is the wiring is completely different and I have absolutely no idea which wires go where?
I did ask the supplier who I think is a Chinese company, and here's what they said..

"the Green one is signal line, red turn positive 5v, black negative, blue to controller switch, yellow power positive".

Can someone maybe shed a bit more light on what this means please.
I've attached some images to help.

Thanks.
a95b03f43050d7e1f5d2eb22920485d6.jpg
c95abe374907a493b61413ab65578649.jpg
3747c3771f09942300d80cb0d669c08c.jpg
1c52e234e050b066a519aaabc0a196e3.jpg
fe35af6b1925a7810780fea491a42204.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Paul,

Using this as a reference for your controller (please verify).

https://usefulldata.com/yiyun-yk31c-controller-brush-motor-review-manual/

Your throttle connections as I see them would go like this.

THROTTLE:___Black connector Red wire to...__________CONTROLLER:____White throttle connector Red wire.
____________Black connector Black wire to..._________________________White throttle connector Black wire.
____________Connector Green wire to..._____________________________White throttle connector Blue wire.
____________ Single Yellow wire to...___________________________Ignition connector (your lock?) Red wire. (full battery power)
____________ Single Blue wire to..._____________________________Ignition connector Blue wire. (controller electronics on)

The voltage indicator and controller should both power up with the key switch to on. Then the throttle will be active.

Regards,
T.C.

Hi T.C

Thank you, that's a great help. I really appreciate it.
That is my speed controller so that's really helped me out.

Do you happen to know what the white terminals are called and where I could purchase more of them so I can swap the current throttle terminals for these white ones?

Also, I'm a bit uncertain what the deal is with connecting the single yellow wire and single blue wire to the controller because the controller doesn't have any single wires if you get what I mean.

Basically I'm still unsure what they're for and how I'd go about connecting a single wire to that controller?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul.

paul fortman said:
Do you happen to know what the white terminals are called and where I could purchase more of them so I can swap the current throttle terminals for these white ones?

Sorry, I don't. I've seen some labeled JST or RC connectors. There are several types of E-bike connectors. I'm more familiar with HIGO type. If you're patient enough and have correspondence with the manufacturer, perhaps they'd sell you the missing side(s) or at least point you in the right direction.

Also, I'm a bit uncertain what the deal is with connecting the single yellow wire and single blue wire to the controller because the controller doesn't have any single wires if you get what I mean.

Just a matter of how the manufacturer does it. There is certainly a lack of conformity in the industry.

Basically I'm still unsure what they're for and how I'd go about connecting a single wire to that controller?

The controller manufacturer just put the power wire (battery +), and the ignition (or power "on" ) wire to the same connector as they are used for the same circuit.
I can understand being cautious. Be sure of wiring before doing so. It's very important not to cross the throttle's hall sensor wiring which is low voltage (5vdc), with the LED displays full battery power input! :shock: For more information on Hall sensor throttles check out my thread about them HERE...
Those single throttle connections are called bullet connectors.
The yellow provides full battery power to the switch, which when turned "on" makes to the LED display's + side.(it's negative is tied to the throttles black wire that goes back to battery negative.) And also to the blue wire that comes back and energizes the controllers ignition or turns the electronics "on" by powering up the 5vdc regulator.
How to connect these wires are numerous... depends if you want them to be easily disconnected. I'd keep the low voltage and high voltages separate. Also the throttle uses very low amperage for control, so good connections are a must.

If you'd like to go in "steps" or need a wiring diagram...let me know. You have and know how to use a multimeter?

TommyCat said:
paul fortman said:

Sorry, I don't. I've seen some labeled JST or RC connectors. There are several types of E-bike connectors. I'm more familiar with HIGO type. If you're patient enough and have correspondence with the manufacturer, perhaps they'd sell you the missing side(s) or at least point you in the right direction.

Just a matter of how the manufacturer does it. There is certainly a lack of conformity in the industry.

The controller manufacturer just put the power wire (battery +), and the ignition (or power "on" ) wire to the same connector as they are used for the same circuit.
I can understand being cautious. Be sure of wiring before doing so. It's very important not to cross the throttle's hall sensor wiring which is low voltage (5vdc), with the LED displays full battery power input! :shock: For more information on Hall sensor throttles check out my thread about them HERE...
Those single throttle connections are called bullet connectors.
The yellow provides full battery power to the switch, which when turned "on" makes to the LED display's + side.(it's negative is tied to the throttles black wire that goes back to battery negative.) And also to the blue wire that comes back and energizes the controllers ignition or turns the electronics "on" by powering up the 5vdc regulator.
How to connect these wires are numerous... depends if you want them to be easily disconnected. I'd keep the low voltage and high voltages separate. Also the throttle uses very low amperage for control, so good connections are a must.

If you'd like to go in "steps" or need a wiring diagram...let me know. You have and know how to use a multimeter?
Thank you I really appreciate this help.
Steps would definitely help me out please. I'm concerned in case I burn something out.
I don't have a multi meter but I can get one for sure.

I genuinely can't thank you enough.
That's exactly what I need. Once I've figured those final to throttle wires out I'll be good to go [emoji3]

Here is a link to the type of throttle you have...

https://www.amazon.com/Throttle-Electric-Scooter-Battery-Accelerator/dp/B077DPP53M

In the pictures it gives the wiring descriptions which match what you have in your first post.

I stand by my suggested wiring connections.(edited for clarity as per latest wiring diagram) :!: But if you would like to go some steps... let me know when you have your meter.

TommyCat said:
THROTTLE:___Black connector Red wire to.._____CONTROLLER:___White throttle connector Red wire. (5vdc regulated power)
THROTTLE:___Black connector Black wire to...___CONTROLLER:___White throttle connector Black wire.(0vdc batt ground)
THROTTLE:___Black connector Green wire to...___CONTROLLER:___White throttle connector Blue wire.(hall sensor output)
THROTTLE:__ Single Yellow wire to...___________CONTROLLER:___Key Switch connector Red wire. (full battery power)
THROTTLE:__ Single Blue wire to..._____________CONTROLLER:___Key Switch connector Blue wire. (controller electronics on)

The voltage indicator and controller should both power up with the key switch to on. Then the throttle will be active.

Happy to help. Even better when your up and running!

Ok from throttle to controller...the single wires ( bullet type connectors are your keyed ignition( power on/power off) they go to controller plug that says "lock" on it. And the other 3 wires on the connector from throttle got to controller plug that says "throttle" on it.... black to black ....red to red.... and green to blue. Then if you turn on your ignition and the battery meter doesnt go on....flip the two single wires around ( the bullet type connectors) and you should see a battery voltage go on and everything shoul be honky dorry...

The single blue and yellow wires go to the plug on the controller thats say "LOCK" either cut the plug that say's "LOCK" off the controller and hook them up using wire nuts (blue to blue and yellow to red )and turn on keyed ignition...IF battery meter goes ON ,then your good to go, IF NOT.... swap the same wires you just hooked up around ( blue to red and yellow to blue) and then it should turn on ( dont forget to make sure your battery is plugged in) for testing.

Back