50mph Razor E300

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSeOiO_ZGl8

[youtube]jSeOiO_ZGl8[/youtube]

Is my end goal to be something like this. I ordered mostly everything besides motor and controller. I need advice on where to get a 250/300A ESC that I hopefully don't have to watercool. I have like a $500 budget shipped for both motor and controller. I want 80100 130kv Sensored but I can't find anywhere except aps. All knowledge is wanted. Any product links would be awesome so I could order asap thanks.

[moderator edit to fix link]

By the way I don't know if I fd up I bought 4 4s 5ah to run 16s should I have gone 12s 10ah because I'm having a hard time finding a good 16s high amp controller

Fastassmotors said:
By the way I don't know if I fd up I bought 4 4s 5ah to run 16s should I have gone 12s 10ah because I'm having a hard time finding a good 16s high amp controller

You want a minimum of 16S. The Currie was originally built at 48v or 12S and it was just gutted for top speed. There was no lack of motor toque to go loads faster, just no more battery voltage to get it there.

BTW...if you get an Alien Power C80100, those specs are BS. 7kw...that's just stupid. No one gets 7kw out of an 80mm outrunner without it rapidly burning out. Expect a good solid 4500 watts continuous.

AS is common with just about everything in the EV world, people throw peak numbers around like they are holy scripture. I want solid continuous numbers I can depend on for many miles.

AKA...you can do this for 10 miles without slowing down.
C80100 = 4500 watts continuous
PV 12 fet controller = 4500-5000 watts continuous

This is a pretty good pairing.

Thanks for the heads up and the 48v statement reassured me I wasn't a tard for not going 12s. I'm already running brushed 36v 800w and I knew that adding a few cells in series wasn't gonna get me the results I was looking for. So now back to the fun part, or pain in the ass part depends who you're talking with... SHOPPING!?? Where can I get my beastly motor and controller? I'd like to get them both together for less then $500 but not sure if someones gonna be able to help me with that.

Thanks to ElectricGod I'm either going with a RV100 Pro or RV120 Pro. Scooters only gonna weigh 50ish pounds I'll be 130 so she's gonna haulll ass. I just need to figure out 16s controller now. Help guys?

GUYS SCRATCH THAT. I'm going RV 160 Sh 8kw continuous I can already feel the power. This is gonna be a crazy build. I'm upping top speed goal to 60 probably more 65 at least if I end up building the mx650. We'll see.

Is it safe to say you abandoned trying to use an ESC for that high powered of a motor? I noticed alien power systems has some pretty big esc's now up to 24S and 450A. I mean those are the size of a normal brushless controller at that point while still air cooled.

Still waiting on some pieces for my e300 build but I was hoping to work my way up to a moped or dirt bike in the near future so I always follow these threads.

@Fastassmotors

The one you linked at the beginning is me :D
I just made a thread about my scooter project.
You can check it out if you want : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=97391

MorbidlyObeseKoala said:
Is it safe to say you abandoned trying to use an ESC for that high powered of a motor? I noticed alien power systems has some pretty big esc's now up to 24S and 450A. I mean those are the size of a normal brushless controller at that point while still air cooled.

Still waiting on some pieces for my e300 build but I was hoping to work my way up to a moped or dirt bike in the near future so I always follow these threads.

I switched to going RV 120 pro 15kw build for razor mx650. And I have a finished e300 top speed 30mph 800w. I'm making another with a 1800w kit I have for fun 48v overvolt to 60 should get 50mph. Gonna need to fabricate disc breaks and copy the dude who posted above!

I've got a razor with 6.5 inch minimoto wheels one piece alloy rims with junior wet tyres and hydraulic front and back discs, only problem I find is the lack of space to fit a motor and still have good ground clearance, I've tried to find a decent hub motor that fits so I can lose the chain and place the controller where the original motor sits and use the full potential of the battery box for battery's it won't be ripping at 50mph but the range will be knocking on 25+ miles with 18650 etc could see 40 miles and still have 30mph top speed.

The pic below shows it I've cut the stock handle bars off and used a clamp on headset and bars from the China scooter, fitted the wheels, disks and calipers but the tyres fitted are simular to the second pic.

I got 6 4s 10ah graphenes and a flipsky 6.6 but I need a motor that fits the frame I don't mind hubs but I don't want a geared one is rather go with an Inrunner.

View attachment 1

Fastassmotors said:
MorbidlyObeseKoala said:
Is it safe to say you abandoned trying to use an ESC for that high powered of a motor? I noticed alien power systems has some pretty big esc's now up to 24S and 450A. I mean those are thIO re size of a normal brushless controller at that point while still air cooled.

I switched to going RV 120 pro 15kw build for razor mx650. And I have a finished e300 top speed 30mph 800w. I'm making another with a 1800w kit I have for fun 48v overvolt to 60 should get 50mph. Gonna need to fabricate disc breaks and copy the dude who posted above!

I can;t wait to see your MX650 running around with an RV-120Pro in it. That thing will be crazy fast!

I'm wondering what sort of design details you run into and need to overcome to make it work. An RV-120 is loads of power...well more than overkill for this sized EV. Something...don't know what...but something that's factory parts won't hold up to the power.

My guesses are you will need better brakes...aka hydraulic 2 piston and 160-180mm rotors...just to get this beast under control. Then the swing arms are probably too flimsy and will need some beefing up. Probably the back wheel will be too weak and need replacing as you rip out those spokes designed around 1500w peaks. Shocks are probably too weak too. you will be adding a good bit of weight to the bike.

On the subject of brakes...I built the XB-502 with dual piston moped calipers front and back. They get used on 50-150cc sized stuff. I used 140mm rotors...kind of wish I used much larger ones. It weighs 120 pounds and tops out at 60mph...so nothing as quick as your MX650 will be. It runs at 6kw and you will be doing more like 16kw. Anyway...even with what the XB-502 does...I wish the brakes were stronger. It's not the clamping force, it's the size of the rotors that are making my brakes not as strong as I'd like. You want brakes strong enough to lock up the wheels. Mine won't do that without lots of squeezing.

Rear%20brake%202.jpg

Front%20brake%202.jpg

View attachment 3
View attachment 2
View attachment 1
IMG_20181128_082431856.jpg

I love your imagination EG never fail to think big and I love your work, its very heavy duty for the most of it few hick ups along the way but your honest about them and I like that rather than try hide it and shove it under the rug.

Back on topic of a fast razor e300, i stumbled across this hub pictured above on aliexpress its 1600w and a brother in arms with the boma inrunner both are intended for the same scooter and output so it should perform decent too, 1st important feature it's 11 inch so uses a 6.5 tyre same set up as i have with correct axle width, the hub weighs just under 6kg that means the complete scooter will be around 20kg and most important it's direct drive with a KV of 33.3 and decent phase wire on show, so I had to buy it while it was on sale.

This will be key component to getting enough power to get a good shift on while remaining compact within the original footprint and deadly silent with direct drive and FOC no chain to maintain and variable regen with a vesc 6 controller, and the motor can take an upgrade in the future to higher voltage with a temp monitor to keep an eye on the end turns from melting down but it really makes sense on a ride setup so small and compact the motor weight of 6kg shifts to the rear around 8 inchs but I'm stood on the front and leaning about with more than 70kg.

There is a bit more rotating mass in the wheel with a hub so that can increase the giro effect of the wheel at speed to pull upright and not turn easily but unlike an ebike the weight is next to the floor on a solid side walled tyre so stability should still be good, only one way to find out and that will be to revive an old razor thread of mine and finish my nemesis, a decent brushless razor, my best one to date was the brushed e3000w that done 25mph but would climb up a wall but then I moved on from them with unfinished business knowing i kept a flame and one day id find a way of making it fast while looking stock.

[youtube]lHm9FaDIPTE[/youtube]

Piece of piss looking at the vid linked it could even be done with in the razor platform like ive always dreamt of, if i order one more motor and use 2 12 fet controllers stacked in place of where the stock motor sits and then fill the battery box with 24s worth of high discharge Lipo it could even push as high as 130 kph or 80 mph with field weakening and temp monitoring ;)

My plan is to keep out of the realms of death with no doubt and stay within the I may be lucky and live, so no more than 80 mph for me, on a serious note the tyre will have seconds at those speeds the centrifugal force on such a small rim will be immense I think 100kph is crazy enough that approching 70mph it's enough speed to pop down the motorway and overtake a lorry on the way down to my local services for an expensive burger while it's on the tesla supercharger if the cops don't give chase.

Looking at the task in hand of going 2wd with a razor platform would mean using a modified front fork to increase the front dropout spacing from a ruff estimate of 115mm to 150mm or there abouts and add a disc brake mount to the fork leg, There's then the strengthening of the frame to address I'd properly make the battery box integral instead of removalable while keeping stock size but adding a outter bottom rail to add cross members to and create a ladder type structure but for the most of it the frame is fairly strong being compact and may withstand a lot of abuse even in stock form with just a beefed up front fork and handlebar mods.

The scooter this all comes from is a 60v 3200watt dual motor with a few differing suspension configs and differing batterys upto 60v 42ah for a whopping $3700 that's got front usd forks and only weighs 45kg bug the cheaper option of $180₩ looks to be wicked little ride with front and back swing arm suspension and a 32ah battery.

So I'll stick to a single drive for my build those rides are hopped up like mad be much cheaper to just buy one of those then mod that in a few years to 84v and have a motorway capable scooter that you can pick up above your head if your into that type of thing but it's got me tempted to sell my ebike and add the cash to buy one of the more basic versions.

I would rather diy honestly I'm thinking I'm gonna be able to hit 120mph on the mx650 195kmh :twisted: it's gonna be sick. And I don't have that much money to spend on a pre built and I like building my own especially because I'm gonna know every single thing on it. But I like your hub motor a lot and unifying the battery box was something I wanted to do from the beginning but I never did.

God speed to you doing 120mph on a razor mx650 your balls must be like zorbs.

Check out this crazy nut this is only half the speed the mx650 would have to do be honest those speeds call for a genuine motorbike and tons of cash the bigger the speed the cleverer you have to become to extract it on the cheap or pay ££€€$$ I think i can get the razor to 50mph no problems but even that will cost a few hundred £££.

[youtube]MxPtfCD-4Qs[/youtube]

I am honestly not even worried.To be quite frank the weakest link would be the frame I'm definitely going to have to reinforce it but I'm not even worried if that single stick handlebar will handle 60 no problem.

Ianhill said:
God speed to you doing 120mph on a razor mx650 your balls must be like zorbs.

Check out this crazy nut this is only half the speed the mx650 would have to do be honest those speeds call for a genuine motorbike and tons of cash the bigger the speed the cleverer you have to become to extract it on the cheap or pay ££€€$$ I think i can get the razor to 50mph no problems but even that will cost a few hundred £££.

[youtube]MxPtfCD-4Qs[/youtube]

Genuine motorbike would cost me thousands easily that's why I have to stick to Razor. Although I'm going to be slicing the wind nicely that low to the ground it's gonna be mad fun.

I'd try grab a gas guzzler that's spares or repairs and pull the old block and box the area up making it a battery tray and swap the rear wheel to a big boy hub 14kw form QSmotors with a 92v sabvoton contoller and enough 96v battery to discharge at 200amps and then you will be able to hit the magic 120mph, at that discharge level it will be eating 18kw per hour or a 1kw battery would be flat in 4mins and it will have travelled only 8 miles and it would be well into the thousands, I like your ambition though but in reality it's tough.

Yea razor 50mph decided wasn't hard. I'm gonna do it I was looking at the 14kw hub motor but holy hell I'm not paying $1500 screw that I'd rather buy a used zero motor

Using a Freefly ARC200 motor drive to get around 50mph on an E300

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJfO7SDEQQ

That's getting it's move on that razor be smart with some decent bars on there have a look at my e300 ultra thread, top work on the wheel sprocket looks good.

Ianhill said:
I'd try grab a gas guzzler that's spares or repairs and pull the old block and box the area up making it a battery tray and swap the rear wheel to a big boy hub 14kw form QSmotors with a 92v sabvoton contoller and enough 96v battery to discharge at 200amps and then you will be able to hit the magic 120mph, at that discharge level it will be eating 18kw per hour or a 1kw battery would be flat in 4mins and it will have travelled only 8 miles and it would be well into the thousands, I like your ambition though but in reality it's tough.

This is a great idea, but please don't go with a hub motor. You will spend sooo much less on a larger outrunner that weighs 1/5 as much and destroys the hubbie.

BTW...Sabvoton is all clones anymore and they are garbage. IF you can find an old one from like 2014, that will be a legit Sabvoton. Anything new is Chinesium garbage.

Not cheap, but worth it, go with a Mobipus.

Back