Swagtron Swagger 5 refurbs for $250

sendler2112

100 kW
Swagtron sold me a refurb swagger 5 electric kick scooter for $250. It folds nice but is heavy to carry onto a bus or train at 24 pounds. The heavy build gives a strong weight capacity of 330 pounds so it should be very rugged. The big 8 inch tires roll over most sidewalk cracks. I get a 15 mph top speed hot off the charger but the speed droops with the battery voltage. At full speed you will get 3 miles until the speed drops below 11 mph. For the range test I selected power level 2 which gives 7.5 mph and kept to a completely level route. By 80% of the trip the speeds are dipping toward 6 mph so I selected power 3 and kept going by controlling it to 7.5 mph with the throttle and got another 3/4 of a mile before it quickly lost speed over the last 200 yards and cut out at a total of 5.5 miles. Which should be considered the maximum range since 7 mph is about the slowest anyone will ride. I can kick the scooter home while it is turned off at 7 mph for reference. If it is hilly and you have to use the decent rear disc brake, you will get much less. The headlight is quite nice for riding at night. It also has a red tail light. The charger runs at about 65 Watts once you get past the beginning which will do a complete charge in the prescribed 3.5 hours. My Killawatt meter showed 170 Wh through the charger from the wall so the battery is probably making it’s 165 Wh spec. If you can get by with a fast 3 miles between 3 hour charges, or a slowish 5 miles, the Swagtron Swagger 5 will work for you.
https://swagtron.com/product/swagtron-swagger-5-folding-electric-scooter/

amazon is selling new ones for $100 more, but getting slammed by their reviewers

? what kind of cells are they using?

Back