looks like a alltrax controller on the back just in front of the motor

check these photos of a all electric plane

Attachments

• e plane.jpg
    e plane.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4,473
  • front of eplane.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 2,586
no way is that a perm motor they are using for that plane the one so many like to use for their emotorcycle conversions

truckerzero said:
need i say more?
[youtube]xRJi48vexYE[/youtube]

wow! this is nice!!

i wonder the range or... flying time he get.. and what are the cells used...

maybe a future project! :wink:

Doc

Supposedly Don at one time was {selling or testing) his LifeBatts with this company. Dont know how it came out!]
otherDoc

*mutters to self*

Hmm, now how do I make that collapsible and small enough to pass off as a backpack...

8)

Electric motors are so perfect for gliders ultralights that I think you will not find pure gliders in a few years. Some approximations
Glider gross weight: 500kg (300 glider, 100kg pilot, 100kg motor/batteries)
Glide ratio: 1:40

Energy needed to climb to typical tow altitude of 1000 meters: 500*10*1000 = 5mJ. Accounting for inneficiences that would be 2kWh batteries. New A123 prius pack would be good for two launches

No themalling cross country range then is 80km.

The cost/reliability/noise/polution/ease of maintenence is many orders of magnitude nicer than typical tow-plane or 2 stroke self-launcher setups.

This is so amazing that I think it will catch on like wildfire. You should see what a pain is to wait for two planes on a busy weekend...

This is getting a bit away from e-bike discussion. But anyway, really exciting stuff

Combined with the typically-used-for-gliders winch or tug down the runway you could get even more out of it... if you could figure out how to connect it up with the prop there.

does any one know the average speed on these because i know with lithium pack they say they get a hour and a half flight time on the paraglider on the video i posted

miles nice link i saw that plane on the internet but never seen the video cool !!

what do you guys think
if well designed do you think electric would be safer and lower maintenence than a ice (other than the shorter range of coarse)
in other words less emergency landings because of motor/engine failure and less cost of upkeep because of man hours required to keep running
i know by talking to a airplane mechanic i know most ice engines are only certified for so many hours then they must be pulled out and have a thorough inspection and rebuild of all internal moving parts

I have not been to the Electraflyer website for a long time now, so this may not be accurate anymore.

The original Electraflyer trike and Electraflyer C did use the Perm 132 brushed motor. There is no way they were "modified" as sometimes claimed. They might be working on developing their own motors now.

Regarding the speed of the Electraflyer trike, I believe they use the Stratus 17.5 wing. Here's the link to the wing specs from the manufacturer of that wing. Typically you fly within the trim speed range, because it's efficient. http://www.northwing.com/stratus-wing.htm

I can't wait until these are reliable, affordable, have decent range, and are in common use. Way better than 2 stroke ICE in my opinion.

Back