V998 Mini Pet 4CH 2.4Ghz 6-Axis RTF QuadCopter

steveo

100 kW
I had to start a post on this...

I just ordered a couple of the v998 Quadcopters and i can't wait to play with it..

I also ordered one mini for indoor flight which is the v997 version

anyone else out there got a quadcopter?... post your pics...

heres what mine will look like :)

go mine v998 from myrcmart

ya I got one around xmas time, still learning how to fly it, there is alot of skill involved.
I want to scale up a quadcopter so at the moment looking for cheap brushless quad that uses esc controllers,
looks like the ones your getting are brushed motors, which is same as the one I got, they are fun

I just got a Syma X1 which is similar to the v997 but even cheaper, to see if I like the quadcopter thing. I've had it two days and so far it has been great. I used to have a mini copter, but it was very expensive to keep running due to parts breakage. The micro quads are so light they just bounce, I haven't broken anything yet and I've crashed it lots. It is still a lot easier to fly though. Big fun for $35. We live in an age of miracles and wonders. See also: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797545

If I learn to fly better and still like it after a few weeks I'll try the RC Logger Eye One. Still a micro, but a big jump up in performance.

-dg said:
I just got a Syma X1 which is similar to the v997 but even cheaper, to see if I like the quadcopter thing. I've had it two days and so far it has been great. I used to have a mini copter, but it was very expensive to keep running due to parts breakage. The micro quads are so light they just bounce, I haven't broken anything yet and I've crashed it lots. It is still a lot easier to fly though. Big fun for $35. We live in an age of miracles and wonders. See also: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797545

If I learn to fly better and still like it after a few weeks I'll try the RC Logger Eye One. Still a micro, but a big jump up in performance.

I bought the v998 which is 6axis

yours is a 3 axis which is why its a bit cheaper...

i've tried the v997 mini ... very very durable...

i got a couple of the v998 for outdoor flight.. more stable hopefully... and a bigger battery and possibly gona be putting a mini camera to take some video :)

-steveo

I ordered the 997 (small) after seeing this thread. Just arrived yesterday, quick shipping. I have zero experience with rc drones (I never know what to order, receivers huh???) but I got this since it is RTF. I have about 15 minutes flight time so far. Im getting the hang of it. 6 axis is more than my pea-brain can handle, so I concentrate on one motion at a time. This really is a cool little machine. Thanks for the suggestion Steveo. I'm hoping I will learn enough to be able to order a larger drone that can carry a gopro hero 3 black. Anyone have any experience with larger drones that can recommend a package (everything I may need including receivers etc..)?

Adam

I really like the v998 quad..

unfortunatly they are 3 axis quads ... however the price is right.. i have no complaints .. and i have over 2 dozen flights on mine.. and this thing is fast.. flew it outside yesterday night.... flips.. fast flights forward... i'm obsessed with this thing...

I got 3 batteries with mine.. so i charge em all up . .. and fly time will prob be about 25-30mins of some pertty hard flyin

-steveo

Ya but it doesn't look like it will carry a gopro will it? I was thinking maybe the Parrot AR drone, but I really don't know what capabilities are available in a drone (not to mention what capabilities I would need).

Ordered this one cheap really,
The Walkera QR X350 Quad-Copter is the new "People's Multi-Rotor", regardless of experience this is the perfect fit for everyone, its feature packed with GPS and compass sensors. There are flight modes for every type of flyer, from the cinematographer capturing a sunset with the optional GoPro mount utilizing the smooth stabilized flight mode with GPS and altitude holding or a beginner that gets a little disorientated utilizing the “One Key to Home” feature. All the functions selectable from a single easy to reach switch. It is apparent that Walkera has spent a great deal on R&D to create this sensational multi-rotor. Anyone can be successful with this easy to use ready to fly Quad-Copter.

The QR X350 has an enhanced altitude sensor which adopts GPS technology allowing it to work out its exact position in reference to the world, this allows the QR X350 to hover in a stabilized position hold mode. With a simple one switch flip or loss of signal the QR X350 will fly itself back to its take of position and land! And of course there is the manual mode for the sport flyer, there is even an onboard low voltage warning system to alert you when it’s time to land.

The QR X350 comes with just about everything you need to get in the air including the high end fully programmable multiple model capable 7ch Devention DEVO7 transmitter! You will simply need to add your own 3S 2200mAh lipoly battery and charger. When you compare the specs to other ready to fly GoPro capable quad copters and overall value, backed with Wakera’s proven quality AND free shipping to anywhere in the world, it's easy to see that the QR X350 is the best "bang for the buck" quadcopter on the market today!

This version of the QR X350 does not include a flight battery or charger. You will need to supply your own 3S 2200mah lipoly battery and balance charger.

The optional GoPro camera mount and spare parts are available now. Please check the "Spare Parts" tab below.

*Note: This is the new version with the USB port on the flight controller for future updatability, a separate Walkera USB adapter (UP02) will be required for connection to your PC.

Features:
• Ready to Fly - simply add your own 3S 2200mAh lipoly battery
• GPS Auto Pilot function
• Altitude Sensor
• Compass sensor
• Utilizes an anti-vibration camera mount
• One Key to Go Home
• Stable Mode with GPS and altitude Hold
• Flight time 10-15 minutes
• Failsafe to return home & Landing
• Low voltage protection
• Devention DEVO 7ch computer radio (mode 1)
• Balance charger with world compatible wall adapter
• Easy to see LEDs

Specs:
Main Rotor Diameter: 556mm
Main Rotor Blade Length: 206mm
Main Motor Size: WK-WS-28-008A
Length: 289mm
Width: 289mm
Height: 180mm
Flying Weight: <1000g
Approximate Flight Time: 10-15 minutes
Number of Channels: 5 channel up
Rotor Type: Quad-Copter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Completion Level: RTF
Recommended Environment: Indoor & Outdoor

Includes:
Walkera QR X350 Ready to Fly Quad-Copter
Spare propellers
DEVO Devention Transmitter (mode 1 - Right stick throttle)

Required:
3S 11.1V 2200mAh Lipoly Battery
Lipoly battery charger
8 x AA batteries for transmitter

*Note: The QR X350 uses 3.5mm bullet connectors for the battery plug, please see the accessories tab below for the battery adapter to XT-60. This allows you to use our Turnigy batteries with the QR X350.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__48161__Walkera_QR_X350_GPS_Quadcopter_with_Return_to_Home_and_DEVO_7_no_battery_charger_Mode_1_RTF_.html

Back