Flying

The two black featureless discs were about 14" in diameter, and seemingly not connected to each other, one foot on each disc. My Panasonic 11.5 AH battery pack, the same one I use for the Montague, was in my right hand, no wires were visible connecting the battery to the discs. Pitch, roll, and yaw control was accomplished by weight shift, speed was about 30 MPH, ceiling about 20'. There was zero noise produced. My flight route took me over the familiar route to my crane yard from home, in flight above the highway, using the same exit, and going through the same 25 MPH school zone. I showed off a bit going through the school zone, by doing a barrel roll, as a way to illustrate the freedom of flight. Then I woke up.

This was one of the coolest flying dreams I've ever had, that day I had flown (for real) 4.5 hours round trip to a remote mountainous area and rode 28 miles, the dream was obviously a mash up of both activities. The coolest thing is I often DO fly over my route to the crane yard, following the route I drive, but throwing in a few wing overs when I feel like it, there being no Idaho State Troopers up there, I can do what I want. I've had flying dreams that were actually less dramatic then the actual flying I had done earlier, the real deal was cooler then the fantasy dream, but this was the first time combined a flying AND e-bike riding in a dream. I especially liked the part of my battery having a heretofore unknown button in the center, that somehow activated the discs. I can see at some point a electric aircraft of some sort being in my future, there would be one already but what I fly now is working so great and gas is still cheap and available I haven't gotten around to it yet. But I'm thinking......

I fly naked in my dreams, no aircraft needed…

I hear you.... I have a framed cartoon I clipped out of the "Air and Space" museum magazine years ago. It shows a person sleeping, and a big dream bubble above their head with the marquee showing, "Dreamplex 3." One movie title is "Naked In A Crowd," the second one is "Monster Coming, Feet Stuck," the last one is "I can Fly!"

I grew up on superhero comics, loved sci-fi movies, yet, when I have a flying dream, it's a scene from The Greatest American Hero :evil: :cry: . I must need serious psychotherapy or something. :lol:

[youtube]Yb4C7vSByMM[/youtube]

Back