Things that fly
JuiceMeUp   10 mW

10 mW

Open Source e-Powered Paraglider forum

Post by JuiceMeUp » Feb 22 2018 8:46pm

Hi Guys

I've noticed that a new forum has just gone live in the last few days

https://openppg.com

A guy by the YouTube name of PDWhite seems to be leading the charge. Here's a link to his channel where you can see Ver 1 in action:

https://www.youtube.com/user/paulwq1234

I think there's a lot of value to be had with interested members here contributing to the discussion. I know I'm excited, and have been sketching up one on paper for too long now. May be time to get serious about it.

tmannz   1 µW

1 µW

Re: Open Source e-Powered Paraglider forum

Post by tmannz » Apr 30 2018 5:41am

I've come on here exactly for this. Trying to source Battery cells and the electronics.

Pretty exciting stuff for sure.

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » May 01 2018 2:45am

Awesome. I've got a non-powered paraglider in my garage. I'm thinking of a couple Joby motors on 32-36in props. This setup would also work fine though and maybe package smaller overall with 4 props.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

Foob   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Foob » May 14 2018 9:37am

Yeah, I guess the zero-torque nature of the multiprop electric PPGs would be great for flying a paraglider wing without having to set it up specifically as a paramotor wing.