Bayliner Conversion

Boats, Jet Skis, Kayaks etc., including hovercrafts
tai626   100 µW

100 µW

Re: Bayliner Conversion

Post by tai626 » Oct 28 2020 9:12pm

I think It is easier for you to transitioning from the electric bike to boat. I come from model airplane so it will take me a while to get things figured out in real world.

The thing that worry me the most is the system reliability. I am having redundancy in almost every components. I will be starting a thread to document the project and hopefully getting help along the way.

Please post the progress of your project.

Tai

goatman   10 MW

10 MW

Post by goatman » Nov 16 2020 9:52pm

eastgem replied to me about running the asynchronous motor at 60V and they said , no problem. found a video of the motor on youtube, it looks like a pretty good app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCIc6Kpo38

goatman   10 MW

10 MW

Post by goatman » Nov 23 2020 8:11pm

ive been busy working on the boat, yanked the inboard motor, removed the leg/outdrive and 40 gallon fuel tank. i think i took about 800lbs off it. then i busted 4- 8 foot long x 1inch thick x 27 inch high stringers through the transom into a bulk head 5 feet inside the engine bay which left me with a 3foot fiberglassed positive floatation pod

going in the water today

the boats sitting 4 inches too high in the water with all the weight loss and extra flotation but thats ok because now im cutting the roof in half and stretching it for solar panels and cutting the upper transom/flooring and pulling it back. i want to get all the topside work done then pull it out in the summer to put the shaft in and spray foam the pod and shape it once i know the waterline