Lift efoil electric hydrofoil review with video

MitchJi

10 MW
[Youtube]xEuirdkNSxw[/Youtube]

https://electrek.co/2019/06/03/lift-efoil-electric-hydrofoil-surf-board/

The hand controller uses Bluetooth connectivity and is submersible, though it also floats in case it is dropped. The screen is easy to read, even while flying across the water surface. It features a power governor with three different settings for varying riding experiences

$12,000 is a lot of money to throw at a water toy, even considering it is made in America, but I can totally see why someone would get one. If you live by the water and want to enjoy watersports, you can get a similar thrill to a jet ski or water skiing, without the equipment. You don’t have to pay dock fees or own a money pit of a boat. You can literally carry the 55 lb. (25 kg) eFoil right down to the water — no truck or trailer necessary.

Grantmac said:
I do the same thing using a sail and it cost 1/6th as much with infinite battery life.

Pictures please.

Yeah, wind is great when its blowing. I've wasted years of my life waiting for the wind kiteboarding. Now, I can ride anytime I want. My efoil cost $4500. Probably close to what your board and sails cost. :wink:
Hopefully the boards will get cheaper in the future. No way they should cost $12000. Motor and controller are like $500, Battery around $1000. Board and foil $1500. There's a bunch of wiggle room in those prices.

I only need 12mph of wind.
Board 1200
Rig 600
Foil 800

I'm on it 3-5 days a week for hours at a time.

The efoils are okay on a lake or other places with no wind I guess. Possibly for getting out to ride some swell. For most though I think wind is a better power source.

This thing may be overpriced but it's in a different class from wind powered vehicles. They're not comparable, so I dunno why you'd even try.

Me thinks it's sour grapes: he can only afford a board with a sheet so of course the $12k badass gadget is inferior.

Windfoils are hitting 30kts. Even my "slow" one doubles the speed of this toy.

Not paying 12K for a toy with limited speed and duration isn't sour grapes, it's allocating funds to where they matter.

the whole point of efoil is to ride inland waters where you likely won't have wind or surf.. and direction is not dictated by atmospheric conditions.. :bolt:

Back