minkota trolling motors

steve1981

1 µW
I recently replaced a 55lb thrust 12 volt motor with a 70 lb thrust motor 24 volt. Can I now use two batteries to run the trolling motor or not? Will the top electrical handle it?

You use whatever battery the system was designed for. If it's manual/etc says 24v, then you use a 24v battery system to power it. If it says 12v, you use a 12v system to power it.

There are a number of threads about (or mentioning) various minnkota systems, if it helps:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=minnkota&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

steve1981 said:
I recently replaced a 55lb thrust 12 volt motor with a 70 lb thrust motor 24 volt. Can I now use two batteries to run the trolling motor or not? Will the top electrical handle it?

What does this mean? "Will the top electrical handle it?" Top electrical????

major

I changed the lower motor of the trolling motor. The top head or part that does not go in the water, Is what I'm Wondering will handle a 24 volt.

In that case it depends on what is contained in the top part. What is its function? Got a link to a web page or manual?

major

steve1981 said:
I changed the lower motor of the trolling motor. The top head or part that does not go in the water, Is what I'm Wondering will handle a 24 volt.
Generally no. I assume this is a cheapo, and likely rated to ~16V (FETs, caps etc)

Back