Deepflight Dragon Underwater "Aquahoverer"

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
There's something ya don't see EVery day maybe? (Spotted in a recent Hammacher Schlemmer catalogue):
12800_380x380.jpg

Online on the HS site:
http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=12800&promo=Sports-Leisure-Outdoor-Fun&catid=231

So lessee... Ya got yer fixed positive buoyancy [Check] Yer six 400-rpm, 1.2-kilowatt ducted props (two front and four rear) [Check]... Capable of exploring the twilight zone down to a depth of 400' (5 3/4"-thick acrylic pressure hemispheres) [Check] 15kWh battery (guess lithium-flavoured)...

(No mention about any 12 volt plugin re the beer fridge, coffee maker, etc.)

Currently yours for about $1,500US maybe... Please note that special conditions and guarantee limitations apply <- Fine Print

That's $1,500 thousand US, which makes a lot more sense to my mind. I won't be getting one.

Chalo said:
That's $1,500 thousand US, which makes a lot more sense to my mind. I won't be getting one.

Aw c'mon Chalo, dream a little!

One could start a whole thread with super-sexy but useless fanciful inventions offered on The Shchlummer.
Like the one wheel motorcycle that looks like it goes 100mph, but actually only goes segway speeds.
Is there an internet buzzterm for this class of objects?

I looked into improvising a diving helmet to go down just 10ft for fun. Got scared off when people pointed out the pressure & potential health problems. I wouldn't want to actually ride that sub unless it was designed with a Chalo-esque grumpy rigor... but uh, nope, can't imagine Chalo sketching sex objects for the <1%! But I bet he does secretly design pedal powered subs then hides the sketches.

Chalo said:

Oooops. I plead bad eyes/lousy vision. Wore prescription glasses much of my like and had already given up car driving when I lost those glasses over the side straight to the bottom of Lake Ontario. Discovered many much more interesting-looking people... when viewed from a distance w/bad eyes. Hehe

Back