Jetfoiler - Efoil

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Gotta add here traditional ES "Yes, but..."

Was aboard once the Canadian Naval hydrofoil HMCS Bras D'Or (french "arm of gold") high speed anti-submarine chaser...
[youtube]sWv05rPSwhw[/youtube]

She was already "on the hard", drydocked as the hydrofoils kept getting cracked from hitting "stuff" floating in the water. (A scourge for shipping on Canadas Wet Coast due to the logging industry.)

... so hope designers designed the foils to "break away"/detach somehow.

?? I thought sub hunters were intended to hit stuff in the water ?... :lol:
..Your video shows how long hydrofoil tech has been used... I rode on somelarge hydrofoil passenger ferries in Greece over 40 years ago, and they looked ancient even then !(Soviet built i believe !).
So i would think marine designers are familiar with the potential hazards of high speed foil use by now ! :roll:

Hehe... "In 1919, when Alexander Graham Bell was testing his latest hydrofoil, the HD-4, on the Bras d'Or lakes in Cape Breton...", seen here:
http://www.hazegray.org/navhist/canada/postwar/brasdor/

So hydrofoil tech has been "in development" about 100 years...

Problem? Can't trust "stuff" not to float around in water. :) On shore, actually have sailcover cloth bits now to form what sailors call a "spanker" sail. To add assist to the electric assist on my trike. Can't have kite strings chopping the heads off pedestrians. :twisted:

Back