E-Bike Scammer - EyeByeSickle (ReCycles Ebikes) - BEWARE -

Get real world experience and user feedback on the electric bicycle products.

Re: E-Bike Purchase From EyeByeSickle (ReCycles Ebikes)

Postby eyebyesickle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Last word, last word. Ok, I am really going to try to leave this alone after this... anyone can say anything - I can't keep going back and forth like this. If it had really came like that (wires) then why no contact with UPS or me? "Countless attempts to alter deals?"... I mean I can hold your hand and walk you through what exactly happened here again, but I am realizing that is pointless. Mostly I can't help but to respond to you 'trying to set the record straight' because it's just not right. Peace be with you :roll: I'll see you on the other end of PayPal, etc... which rest assured everyone, will let anyone return anything almost no matter what, as long as they pay to ship it back. They were already holding your payment, I had to come up with $410 just to ship. So I PAID $410 to send you this thing, no money, in the middle of a dispute. That combined with the fact that anyone who knows anything about ebikes can tell that you are lying. You might not realize this, but it doesn't make it any less obvious. If you want to play make up a story, understand the subject matter to make sure that it at least fits... I have perfect feedback on eBay and no real past problems here, and do business transactions bigger than what construed here constantly. You never even mentioned the wires, or anything, you just escalated the dispute to a claim, citing the wires, and the missing front wheel, right after you told me it would be fine without it. Didn't want it shipped late? Demand a refund after you file the dispute, don't tell me to ship it still - which I did, the day after. WITH NEW MOTOR/WIRES. Seriously, here we go again, do you like circles? You keep on pushing this story and I guess we will just ping-pong this thing.

I told you though, I am serious, don't send me back that bike dirty with busted wires when you refused to take any pictures or call UPS over it, when you escalated the claim without even a word about it. It's a 'warning' as in 'caution'. The thing about warnings and caution, is they are friendly reminders to help you... so you don't do something stupid

ps- no threats, no threats :lol: just perspective. say what you want here. we talked on the phone, you can do simple math if you are in school, you know there is absolutely no reason for me to send it busted up, already in a dispute. who are you kidding about this
eyebyesickle
100 W
100 W

Postby EbikeAdvocate » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:25 am

I will do whatever PayPal instructs me to do, maybe you didn't send it configured that way on purpose, regardless that's the end result and that's why there is a dispute among a ton of other problems with the purchase.

There's also no front brakes I must add which is also dangerous
Last edited by EbikeAdvocate on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
EbikeAdvocate
100 W
100 W

Postby eyebyesickle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:51 am

... wow... No front brakes. No front wheel - there was no brake disc in the package for your front wheel, brake lever, line, and brake mounted to the fork... Must be another one of those things... Are you even serious? Wait I get it, the front brake hopped off and cut the back wire in shipping, right? I mean... What?
eyebyesickle
100 W
100 W

Postby 2old » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:18 am

ebs, this was a great advertisement for you; I've got an excellent supplier on the west coast, but if I ever need anything he doesn't supply, you're next. Plus, you have the satisfaction of having this individual with childish, loony behavior needing to pay his own $410 to return the items. Hope you have pictures of how the parts left your facility; should make an interesting case as the guy starts backpedaling.
2old
10 kW
10 kW

Postby rborger73 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:15 am

No front brakes.. which is DANGEROUS!!! Man this guy just keeps digging... digging... digging. deeper and deeper holes. :lol:
DiamondBack Overdrive EV project still underway viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56348

My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL6I3KyJKwsJd267Y0c246w

Some of my music https://www.reverbnation.com/ryanborger
rborger73
10 kW
10 kW

Location: Currently NW of Pittsburgh, next destination unknown..

Postby eyebyesickle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:32 am

I def have better pics in the cam but heres a quick crop of THE PICTURE I ALREADY POSTED EARLIER IN THIS THREAD, it's a little blurry, but... looks like front brakes to me...

IMG_20170131_245234462 - Copy.jpg
front brakes

he claims no front brakes NOW - and you can clearly see them in the picture from 2 pages back already... and like just now he thinks to mention it. and of course, he likes to mention how great he is at following PayPal's Policy's... this guys got the golden tongue. Too bad its a golden FORK :evil: hahaha I am trying to make light of this but at this point... It's getting extremely old. I now, do not have this bike or components, any payment for it, and additionally, have paid out of pocket to ship this. I paid for this advertising, you understand, and I am going to milk it. See, if you buy something from me, and it goes bad, I am going to go full unprofessional, and argue publicly with you about it! Hahahaha, but seriously, I hope it is becoming more obvious this guy is unstable. I am seriously dumbfounded with this front brake comment getting thrown in here. It's like, why would you throw that in there now... but, - look!

I have actually got 2 messages from Paypal stating they are requesting more information from the buyer... Which is odd, because usually they would just grant the return... I simply supplied pictures, the UPS store number and statement of the people working who packed it, and some screenshots, etc... and of course this guys 1 pic of a dirty hub with a hit wire....

I mean, the wiring a mess? You can see how I had it spiral wrapped at the bars (not clustered with the brake line, which will usually mess up the pull action unless you really work with it) and you better believe it was secure all the way down the frame and anywhere it matters. I am not the first and foremost expert on ebikes and EV, but I am definitely decent, have made quite a few, get them to people at reasonable prices, and know/have learned a few do's and don'ts for this type of thing. I am not trying to be headstrong arguing with this guy... just trying to really drill my side in, because if you say it enough - hey it might be true. Right, EbikeAdvocate? I didn't even want to send this thing, but honestly this guy got me between a rock and a hard place filing the dispute like that the day the last parts came in, and then after talking to him on the phone, felt satisfied that it was a miscommunication, and he apologized for jumping the gun, so I came out of pocket to ship. Here we are now... I am really thinking about calling your Mom, EbikeAdvocate, because you are messing up her PayPal account like you did mine! hahaha...

IMG_20170131_245300957.jpg
spiral wrapped wires / free running brake line
IMG_20170131_245300957.jpg (213.05 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Last edited by eyebyesickle on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
eyebyesickle
100 W
100 W

Postby WoodlandHills » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Seriously, you both need to take this off somewhere and deal with it privately. The mud is flying everywhere and its sticking to all involved. :shock:
WoodlandHills
10 kW
10 kW

Postby eyebyesickle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:29 pm

WoodlandHills wrote:Seriously, you both need to take this off somewhere and deal with it privately. The mud is flying everywhere and its sticking to all involved. :shock:

Oh yeah, I agree, I'm going full unprofessional. :) I don't know when to stop either, I'll still go now :P it would be different if I was running EM3EV or Luna ( :wink: )... But this is me on a very personal level, arguing with a kid hahahqha not above it
Last edited by eyebyesickle on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
eyebyesickle
100 W
100 W

Postby rborger73 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:46 pm

WoodlandHills wrote:Seriously, you both need to take this off somewhere and deal with it privately. The mud is flying everywhere and its sticking to all involved. :shock:

The OP put this thread here for a reason. I told him many times now, he would be better off working with eyebyesickle and asking that this thread be removed. You can't blame EBS for a scammy customer. It's actually getting EBS attention he might not have gotten. And the customers he would want, the ones that know wtf they are talking about in concern to ebikes, see he was professional. No one sends in a dispute that quick without being intentionally scammy.
Last edited by rborger73 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.

rborger73
10 kW
10 kW

Postby rborger73 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:47 pm

eyebyesickle wrote:

Oh yeah, I agree, I'm going full unprofessional. :) I don't know when to stop either, I'll still go now :P it would be different if I was running EM3EV or Luna ( :wink: )... But this is me on a very personal level, arguing with a kid hahahqha not above it

It's only making "Ebike advocate" look bad for sure. Keep doing what you're doing. ;)

rborger73
10 kW
10 kW

Postby amberwolf » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Personally, I think the thread should stay, just as it is, so we can all see the conclusion whenever it does happen.

It will help us see both sides of the dispute, and the personalities of those involved, and allow us to decide how and if to deal with them in future, as well as telling us how Paypal resolves such disputes.

I'm not a moderator anymore, but even if I was I would let it stand, as it hasn't degenerated to the level some vendors and customers around here have sunk to in their responses to each other and other members.
amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW

Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Postby WoodlandHills » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Agreed. It is nowhere near the very worst we have seen here and I don't want to see it locked up, but as my mama once told me: "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." He said/you said type bickering does not present either party in a good light, that was my point.
WoodlandHills
10 kW
10 kW

Postby eyebyesickle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Well you don't see me asking for I down. Of course I want it down, but in he big picture, I want these up so I have to go for the greater good haha. If you can tell, I am not having the BS rammed down anyone's throat, and I take my business morals and ethics seriously, but I don't take this thread that seriously anymore, just sucked into it now ha. I don't see so much he said she said, the couple pics up and his story in general tell the story... The rest is yak yak yak. If I really felt threatened, I would post text screenshots etc, which is a big privacy violation as well... Not big about that. Anyway here's to me talking more!
eyebyesickle
100 W
100 W

Postby silviasol » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:30 pm

I feel for eyebyesickle as I am also an online seller for the past 10 years on ebay. People are idiots and when they spend alot of money they are even more idiot. I just don't deal with anything over $100 online. When they spend alot they figure I can hide behind lies and just do paypal or credit card disputes until they get their way and not have to pay a cent if any problem comes up even if it is their fault. To the buyer, turn your tiny little brain on and try to fix the problem yourself. If you can't then just spend some money to fix your mistake, it seems he is willing to help! To the seller, call the $%^^ing cops in his city on him if he is pulling bullshit. If it is a small town maybe a cop will go and personally sort it out since it is a large purchase. Nothing gets the truth better then talking with a cop face to face.

Actually after reading more of this not so sure. With this amount of money it is kind of unprofessional not to have everything ready to ship asap on payment. You could have been dealing with this issue weeks ago instead of now and without a dispute. Back in the day I would list things to sell that were not ready but I figured I could finish when the order was made. Many problems happened and I didn't learn from my mistakes and kept doing it. Not a good way to do business. Honestly I would cut your losses, accept the return on the paypal dispute and try again. There is no sense getting overworked over this, just take the loss and focus on your next sales. BTW (VERY IMPORTANT) paypal will ban you if you keep getting disputes. Out of the blue with no warning it will happen and you can't open another account, most of the time indefinitely which means 1,2,3.. years. Whatever they feel like setting and they don't tell you how long. I was banned for one year. Don't let it happen over something stupid.
Last edited by silviasol on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
Current project: 10s 20ah sensored goped hoverboard
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=62155
silviasol
10 kW
10 kW

Postby eyebyesickle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:16 pm

silviasol wrote:I feel for eyebyesickle as I am also an online seller for the past 10 years on ebay. People are idiots and when they spend alot of money they are even more idiot. I just don't deal with anything over $100 online. When they spend alot they figure I can hide behind lies and just do paypal or credit card disputes until they get their way and not have to pay a cent if any problem comes up even if it is their fault. To the buyer, turn your tiny little brain on and try to fix the problem yourself. If you can't then just spend some money to fix your mistake, it seems he is willing to help! To the seller, call the $%^^ing cops in his city on him if he is pulling bullshit. If it is a small town maybe a cop will go and personally sort it out since it is a large purchase. Nothing gets the truth better then talking with a cop face to face.

Actually after reading more of this not so sure. With this amount of money it is kind of unprofessional not to have everything ready to ship asap on payment. You could have been dealing with this issue weeks ago instead of now and without a dispute. Back in the day I would list things to sell that were not ready but I figured I could finish when the order was made. Many problems happened and I didn't learn from my mistakes and kept doing it. Not a good way to do business. Honestly I would cut your losses, accept the return on the paypal dispute and try again. There is no sense getting overworked over this, just take the loss and focus on your next sales. BTW (VERY IMPORTANT) paypal will ban you if you keep getting disputes. Out of the blue with no warning it will happen and you can't open another account, most of the time indefinitely which means 1,2,3.. years. Whatever they feel like setting and they don't tell you how long. I was banned for one year. Don't let it happen over something stupid.

It's easy to lose track of all the pertinent information in a 3 page cluster. I would work with him on anything, or talk with the ebike mechanic etc... this situation is mostly made up. I cannot just accept this - let's not miss the part where he says I sent him a motor with frayed wires etc... Which is an outright lie. It was brand new perfect condition freshly tested with witnesses etc... I even posted the UPS store number here where the employees remember!!! They had to pack it to insure it. Also now he is screaming no front brakes, when I had already posted a picture of the build 2 pages ago, clearly showing the front brakes, and I mean, I could go on, but this is stretching simple out.

He never said "hey I hopped on and took off and the wires ripped" no, he said it came like that. Not even to me, he just filed it and posted here... when I had multiple texts and messages waiting to hear about it upon arrival. Any little problem etc I would've worked with him on, let me talk to the ebike mechanic even. Hell in his picture you can even see it is dirty, he obviously did it himself, how could anyone just accept that return? I really don't feel like I am being an asshole here, but I am going to adamantly stand up for the real story here...

He filed this dispute and claim without even advising me of a problem. I don't think you understand -I would accept the return etc or anything, but he wouldn't even take pics etc or talk to UPS etc... As a rule I could never allow that to be done to anyone... He is completely lying about the situation is the point, not that I care as much as other people know, but this is insight into my actions. I'm so small scale my business borders on personal transactions, I just set up things real slick and have stuff around due to my interests and business experience in certain fields such as fulfillment. I can usually get you a price a little cheaper than the cheapest reliable aliexpress seller at the moment, with the same shipping time, and I have established lines... I am up front about things like this.

For now I only sell on ebay (moto seat frames lightweight carbon,high power! hahaha), go check out my ads and waiting time and prices (even with ebay markup). Also, even though I don't have a HUGE amount of feedback, it is all positive and look at the transaction amounts... I do good business. There was a delay, things happen. Communication was there and it was fine. Then he flipped the script, started completely lying, and made this damn thread, which lures me out like some bait to come out and make a fool of myself, but where do you draw the line when you are standing up for yourself, and the true story. I will explain this 100 times if I have to - I am persistent and I am not having it. This person is absolutely lying about most of the situation, and basically lying about how the rest went down too, honestly. I do no take saying that kind of thing lightly, but we have a red alert here.

I understand where you are coming from about the time, but I don't think you had briefed the whole story ( I DONT BLAME YOU! ha ) but I had the used frame for sale in the used section. He wanted a full build, I told him I was about to move and would take 2 weeks to get a motor in off the bat. Right before 2 weeks hit and I was assembling it (because I had just moved , getting to it later than sooner, my fault completely) I ran into some problems with sizing as it is a custom size frame... So I had to order a few new parts, and a winter storm delayed that a week, I sent him tracking screenshots etc. He could've got a refund if he wanted or asked... He still wanted the bike... Now he is lying, there is no way I would buckle to his fraudulent scamming BS. I'm being really cool here for exactly how this played out, trust me. I talked to this dude and felt the setup coming on but I was in deep

I know you feel I should've had everything on hand for that money, but he asked me to custom build a whole.bike, when I was offering a used frame. He knew it would be at least 2 weeks off the rip, and that I was moving. The rest is history. I feel I acted responsibly throughout this, up until arguing on here. He wanted to go public and talk shhh, well here we are.

I don't take this too seriously compared to other things in a life. 'this' not being a customer/money, but 'this' being me getting scammed and slandered, that part
Last edited by eyebyesickle on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total. View post history.
eyebyesickle
100 W
100 W

Postby 2old » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:18 pm

ebs, don't feel like you need to answer to another individual who is a merchandiser; they're never on any "competitor's" side (Other recent incidents will bear this out). It's always easy to criticize another's decisions especially if ones character is low enough.
2old
10 kW
10 kW

Postby slacker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:25 pm

As i said before although not knowing how far he live's from you a face to face meeting could solve the problem. Personally if i had to go thru this i would be knocking on his door and clearing thing's up. JMO. Good luck and hpoe thing's work out.
slacker
10 kW
10 kW

Postby eyebyesickle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 am

Look, if there is ever a problem, I am willing to work it out. I am very understanding. But don't be lost in this thread, to cut to the chase, "working it out" wasn't even a possible option.

When there is NO communication, and on top of that, outright lies and accusations are flying, the situation cannot properly be addressed. Furthermore, I was taking it a little personally as I am passionate about my own standard of morals and ethics, as well as my interest in ebikes/EV in general. I ran my mouth here, sure, but I put my heart into this and I am at least decent at it! Haha. I wanted to keep it short and sweet, but he would come back, and his accusations deserved an explanation, not something short and sweet that would've merited more dialogue only to be drowned in more of the same accusations. But seriously, if you want to know why I acted like did 1) I'm mostly human, and 2) I told the story repetitively ;) I was sugar coating it at that, to try to play nice as I sell things here publicly, but trust me, it was a pretty bad, but my comments wouldbve been X rated :lol:

Here is the outcome, the story has been told, over and over and over. I feel like I have been found not guilty for a crime I obviously did not commit, which still is surprisingly relieved, because its crazy in the system, and you are liable to get chewed up, no matter what you did or didn't do. Oh, note though, that they didn't rule in my favor, they closed it though because: HE dropped the case. I will let you guess why
IMG_20170217_000910.jpg
IMG_20170217_000910.jpg (132.17 KiB) Viewed 170 times

P.S. I am going to renig on my comment earlier and actually request that this thread be struck from the records of records of holiest of holy sh*ts. I mean c'mon guys, what is this, a police state? Hahaha but seriously One thing I have learned - TAKE MORE AND CLEARER PICTURES before shipping! =P
Last edited by eyebyesickle on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total. View post history.
eyebyesickle
100 W
100 W

Postby rborger73 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:38 am

Good deal. 8)

rborger73
10 kW
10 kW

Postby mark5 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:58 am

eyebyesickle wrote:Look, if there is ever a problem, I am willing to work it out. I am very understanding. But don't be lost in this thread, to cut to the chase, "working it out" wasn't even a possible option.

Just before this, EBikeAdvocate posted that you'd send him a replacement rear hub and that would resolve the Paypal situation. But apparently he deleted that post before you posted. So is it true that you're sending him another hub?
mark5
10 kW
10 kW

Postby eyebyesickle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:42 am

That statement too was false completely, was so twisted I threatened to post screenshots. Other than that, I told the rest already.

I will help him fix the wire which he admitted to breaking himself after about 15 minutes of riding, before closing the claim, after I hung up on him when he finally admitted. I told him it was serious I had proof. Just to be honest here, I have been totally up front this whole time. Other than the delay, the story was outright lies
Last edited by eyebyesickle on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
eyebyesickle
100 W
100 W

Postby 2old » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 am

ebs, no surprise for those who can read; he wasn't fooling anyone (well, except maybe one individual --- nuff said).
2old
10 kW
10 kW

Postby tomjasz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Obvious case of n00b b00b. What a waste. Wanting a $2000+ bike on a $1100 budget and then complaining. I want to deal with fleabay and PayPal less and less.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.
tomjasz
100 MW
100 MW

Postby ScooterMan101 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:23 am

EBS,

I guessed that young kid was trying to scam you when he said the headset was loose and a bike shop said it was dangerous.

Anyone who reads this thread , can look at the picture of the bike that you sent him and see that it has a threadless headset .
Now
In order to ship a bike , the bolt at the top cap of the stem has to be loosened to turn the handle bars sideways , in order for the bike to fit into a bike box.

And anyone who works at a bike shop will know that after unpacking a bike from a bike box, one of the things you have to do is to turn the Stem/Handle bars back to proper position, then , Tighten the Star Nut Bolt at the Top Cap.
What kind of bike shop is he going to ? Or was he lying ?

Next time you ship out a bike , Perhaps it is best for you to re tighten the top cap bolt once you turn the stem/ handle bars sideways. Who ever unpacks the box and assembles the bike will have to go through an extra step to loosen it , but can no longer try to fool/scam you at least on that part .

All that B.S. when he gets such a good deal price wise W.T. _. ?

I hope you get better customers in the Future EBS.
Last edited by ScooterMan101 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total. View post history.
ScooterMan101
10 kW
10 kW

Postby daytonampco » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:22 am

Dang, sorry to hear you got slandered by someone looking to cover up their own mistakes. I can understand why you'd want to defend yourself against these sort of accusations and you did so more gracefully than some other more established vendors do on ES. I'll shoot you another email about some parts.
Last edited by daytonampco on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
daytonampco
100 mW
100 mW

PreviousNext

Return to E-Bike Reviews & Testing