Chargery C10325 24s 1500w

Ianhill

1 MW
IMG_20200909_214608460.jpg

Had a 500w charger fail thats never good news, but i didn't like the fact it had a green and red led that was it as to see what it was doing so i wanted something with a display and configurable for differing rides.

I searched about and came across the chargery used on cake bike and it was perfect for my freerider I could reduce my charge time from 2 hours to as little as 40 mins in theory, the current battery uses sony vtc3 cells its getting old now and I'm not going to stress it by fast charging and I've not inspected the bms to see it's max specs either but in time when the bike gets re'celled there's big room for improvement on the charge turn around so I bought it.

It's got all the settings I need and my initial thoughts after the first charge is it's really quiet compared to the stock air plane my bike came with and at double the price it's triple the power so I'm happy with that and this looks like it could be repaired not like my old stock charger potted the complete board to the case.

Only thing I will change is the charge lead I don't like how a lead comes out the front to a connector it should have just been panel mounted to save a possible cable failure at the grommet, so I plan to use panel mount Anderson powerpole connectors 45amp and make a double ended universal charge lead worked either way round as I got the same connectors on my bike, I've ordered the bits when it turns up I'll get a few more pics up of the guts with the front panel off and the mod.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Had mine since about July. Great charger...until earlier today when it made some whirring and fizzing noises then tripped the fuses in my house.

Does it every time now and smells like burnt electrics.

Charged my battery about 10 to 15 times to date. Waiting to hear back from my UK seller to see what the warranty requires...

Ham said:
Had mine since about July. Great charger...until earlier today when it made some whirring and fizzing noises then tripped the fuses in my house.

Does it every time now and smells like burnt electrics.

Charged my battery about 10 to 15 times to date. Waiting to hear back from my UK seller to see what the warranty requires...

Andy Kirby? Best of luck by there fella.
Never had a reply with a few issues.

I got mine because it looks repairable compared to most units take it a decent psu repair shop and it will be alive again don't worry to much.

Cheer for the heads up I'll keep an eye on mine I try to nanny it keep it in a cool dry area.
What charge volts and currents were you using if you dint mind me asking ?

Yes it was from him at cloudsto. Let's see what happens. I'll not hold my breath then!

I do have a guy that may fix it for me if i can convince him to... waiting to hear back there too. I seem to spend a lot of time waiting on folk:)

I charge up to 58v and 10amp for my pack. I had read of some blowing capacitors capacitors i think... or maybe some other component that was said to be simple enough to replace for those skilled in that.

Ham said:
Yes it was from him at cloudsto. Let's see what happens. I'll not hold my breath then!

I do have a guy that may fix it for me if i can convince him to... waiting to hear back there too. I seem to spend a lot of time waiting on folk:)

I charge up to 58v and 10amp for my pack. I had read of some blowing capacitors capacitors i think... or maybe some other component that was said to be simple enough to replace for those skilled in that.
54.6v I end up at same 10amp as you, keep us posted how you get on best of luck fella.

If i was you I'd have a look myself for any obvious signs remover the board and power up on the bench look for that sound and pinpoint the area.

It sounds like the fault I had on my stock chsrger I'd turn on and make a crackling arc noise and never power up the secondary side in any meaningful way.

I got one of these becuase it was not potted up like my stick charger the components look swappable but you got me worried now on it reliability.

My warranty is gone too cuz I've swapped the lead on the front and trimmed the toggle switch down 4mm

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_193314722.jpg
    IMG_20200926_193314722.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,555
I may have to at some point. Cant power it up at all as it trips house fuses even trying to plug it in at the wall.

Ham said:
I may have to at some point. Cant power it up at all as it trips house fuses even trying to plug it in at the wall.

So its the primary side that is shorted that limits the problem to the vac side of the board long as there's no damage to the circuit board it's should be fixable, major inconvenience though I was off the road August onward missed some good weather too

Just an update on my blown charger...No contact at all still from Andy at Cloudsto but I have heard back from a contact at Chargery that was copied in to my initial purchase email and he has accepted the return for repair. Charger has been sent back so we shall see what happens.

Back