Going Electric Hub Motor Kit

dirtdad

1 kW
We are evaluating a new player in the geared hub motor segment - Going Electric. They have been supplying us with torque arms and other components for a long time now; their stuff has always been great quality. Now they are offering a complete geared electric hub motor kit. The motor shares the same genealogy as the Puma and the BMC, but like those two brands, Going Electric has branched off with their own variant.

They are offering 2 motors, 350W and 500W. I suspect these compare to the 400W and 600W BMC motors but with more conservative ratings. The physical family resemblance to BMC/Puma is obvious to those familiar with those motors. All these motors have standard 6 bolt disc brake rotor mounts, and will come bundled with a torque arm. The controller comes with plug ins for cruise control and cut off brake levers. We have the 500W motor and 48V controller shown.

One target market for Going Electric as a company is security and law enforcement, although we as a retailer are selling them to everyone. Lots of big malls and facilities use bike patrols, and there is interest in eBike patrols. As a result, Going Electric's focus is on durability, reliability, etc.

We will build this up and test it in the coming days.

SHOW US THE GUTZ!

Internal motor pics pleaz :)

You know where to send one for torture testing. 8)

dirtdad said:
Going Electric has branched off with their own variant.

Interesting that no ES folks recognize this motor... the controller is obviously Ananda:
http://www.ananda.com.cn/anandaenglish/index.asp

...but the motor appears...not to be. "Going Electric" is a bit of a generic term to google... have a link please?

tks
Lock

It is a new motor, my intent is to introduce it to the ES audience. Going Electric is part of EV Tech. They have speced the motor in from a chinese supplier, but it is not an off the shelf design. I dont know which factory makes it for them.

You know.... Danny at ampedbikes has that new geared motor coming...he said it was something he had not seen before...

hmmmmm......

That is a good looking motor! The dull case should radiate heat better than the really shiny ones, Can't wait to se results/price.
otherDoc

dirtdad said:
Sorry it is taking so long, we have been swamped here at the shop.

Fantastic!

I love it when small businesses succeed! :mrgreen:

I am very tentative about saying anything good in this economy, but this July was better than last July for us: the first year to year improvement for a month we have seen for over a year. The numbers are still way off of 2 years ago. Last July was terrible and the beginning of the economic crisis for us. I thought we might be immune up until then. But gas prices dropped to almost half of their highest levels and interest in EV technology took a real dive overall. Even now most of our business is from non EV cycling products. But I am keeping an arm and a leg in eBike and EV products, for reasons I suspect I dont need to explain to readers of this forum :wink:

Not much news, more of a progress report. I laced the thing up, but I have still not pumped any current through its veins. I love our new wheelbuilding stand, a quality tool always give better results and makes the job easier at the same time.
goelec_20090807_1339357328.jpg

EV-Tech is selling these:

http://www.texaselectricbikes.com/catalog/going-electric-500w-motor-p-231.html

Can you foresee that they will cost that much? ($590)

I should be able to sell for less than that. EV Tech is moving into more of a manufacturer/distributor role. While you can buy stuff direct, it looks like they will be selling for like MSRP pricing. Dealers should be able to sell for a little less.

Back