Flying-Pigeon Retro Futuristic ebike

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post so please be kind.
I wasn't sure where this should go....

Does anyone know anything about this Flying-Pigeon ebike?

I thought it might be vaporware until I saw one in a YouTube video of a bike gathering.

Thanks,
Daniel

Attachments

• -1099945273188933201.jpg
    -1099945273188933201.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 863
I should say I first saw this on Alibaba then on Aliexpress.
Their contact person, 'Annie' has been very less than forthcoming... I basically know nothing about the ebike except what I see in the pictures...it might have a 500W cont. geared hub motor but that's basically all I know...

Yes, I love, love love how it looks...but best case scenario it would cost ~$4k delivered...which is a lot, lot of money for me...

Daniel

I did a quick search and found nothing. That is as far as I want to go. You should probably post a link or two of what you are looking at/for.

It is a nice looking bike, obviously a lot of time went into it. However it is obscure under the name you gave so I can't find any information on it.

:D :bolt:

The only info I can find about that one and ones very like that are in this search
https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZitpFSaIRpLfhFRvzg47NFWX1-7IeHWuJfRLYptmkM2WPGNZEaRpZmkcEC-9YYkDDjn-JesuO3jobulNUVK_1ajEBToCzIf5LtsUygsbRkBSKAWedaWiV_1OrtPSM9fq6yWuGgfi3h5MQHDmNgW1NyF2yakYxhkOSrifhIDi4jCXVAEmHPC69Ga9LmR2lTDp5gDKXNjrR1Wu6-3vTVvxnLOeCzRujnpuBucTHYFtyo3dQKG-h8WmXtVdp40fFHnXtQlpmz3t9JivHXIUnsiUuqDxVcveEypBdvHzesSrxrzbex0pAXmYooC0Bn3tMxkMCRsJrynKtKMoVdtPcgkkBymsz5A2XeiA#bsht=CgRmYnNtEgcIBBAAGJcD
in the section that says "Pages that include matching images", which are basically chinese sales sites (including ali***). Previous experiences by various members here have shown that some of those sellers will steal photos of custom-built bikes of various people around the world (some here on ES) and put them on their sales page as if they actually had a bike like that to sell (which they don't), so they can get people to pay them money (whether those people then get anything for their money, I don't know).

It's fairly likely that *someone* has that bike...and it's possilbe it's a custom-built one-off, though it's likely that it's built by someplace like Juiced (but in china instead) that makes a few variations of their bikes, hence the different variations in the pictures. The building in the background of the pics on the sites in the above search has what appear to be chinese characters mounted on the edge of the roof, so it's a fair bet that those particular bikes are present there in china somewhere, and possibly for sale by at least one of those sites (though whether any particular one is actually the real seller or not...you wouldn't know until you did or didnt' get the bike you ordered). The name I see on the ali* store in the few links I actually visited from the search is "aokbicycle store"; it's possible all the links are for that store.

However, every link I clicked on changes it's URL after it opens and goes to "aokbicycle.aliexpress.ru" and will not allow me to go to aliexpress.com from there (regardless of what I change the URL to, it redirects back to the same page), so it may be a fake site, not part of aliexpress.com--I've never seen that specific behavior from a "real" aliexpress page before. (it also didn't have me logged in, even though if I visit aliexpress.com I *am* already logged in; and I will not put my login info into any of the links to find out if it's a real site or not).

Flying Pigeon is one of the major manufacturers of cheap traditional bicycles in China. This is a Flying Pigeon:

flying-pigeon-892.jpg

The bike in your picture is not a Flying Pigeon, and you might figure out the joke when you order it and receive the real thing instead. Or nothing at all.

Hello everybody,
I really appreciate the work you've put into answering my question.
I had pretty much decided it was a scam.
The brief clip of a guy showing a pink version off at a Las Vegas bike gathering had me hoping otherwise.
Couldn't find it on the Flying Pigeon website anyways...

Oh well, sigh, back to armchair engineering my own custom ebike.

In one of the fake sites linked to above does show pictures of many bike frames in process.
Another sites stolen pictures shows three different colored bikes in the medium far off upper right hand side.

I believe now that the bike does exist and it is being made in China but actually finding out who that is and buying a bike from them seems like a definite fools errand.

Thanks again everyone.

Daniel

The Madmadscientist said:
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post so please be kind.
I wasn't sure where this should go....

Does anyone know anything about this Flying-Pigeon ebike?

I thought it might be vaporware until I saw one in a YouTube video of a bike gathering.

Thanks,
Daniel
It looks like a custom build. If it were a factory bike, and with that much labor invested into each one, and because you don't see them around or can't find a reference to them, then that would have been a pretty big failure from a business perspective.

You could find a shop that builds custom ebikes, but it wouldn't be cheap
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=116714#p1721413

The Madmadscientist said:
Oh well, sigh, back to armchair engineering my own custom ebike.

You should know that a bike shaped like a real Flying Pigeon will ride much better than a janky custom motorcycle-inspired show bike. Normal looking bikes are normal because they work. Old-fashioned normal looking bikes are that way because they're worked for a long time. Novel/weird bikes get to stay novel or weird because in over 150 years they never proved to be a good idea.

Chalo said:
Flying Pigeon is one of the major manufacturers of cheap traditional bicycles in China. This is a Flying Pigeon:

flying-pigeon-892.jpg

The bike in your picture is not a Flying Pigeon, and you might figure out the joke when you order it and receive the real thing instead. Or nothing at all.

A real Flying Pigeon would be an interesting ebike conversion. Maybe a front hub motor. The ones I remember from China in the '80s were pretty rudimentary technology. Probably wouldn't want to get it going any faster than 20kph.

Back