Today's ride data is frm the CA, now being used instead of the TWM. So all readouts are actual measured data, except peak watts, which is calculated from Amax * Vmin. No max speed listed today, as on both to and from legs of the trip, I did an off-ground wheelspeed test, which brought the max speed way beyond what I'd ride at.
Since I now have an exact trip distance, rather than going from memory, I will edit that into the previous data posts, along with the corrected Wh/mile calculated result.
Note that the CA reads a higher Amax than the TWM; this is consistent across everything I have tested them with. I am pretty sure (but not dead certain) that the shunt is calibrated correctly, but I will be making a temporary workaround for the too-expensive-to-replace blown fuse in the Fluke 77-III's current-measuring circuit, and verifying the CA's calibration tonight or tomorrow, if there is time.
Power level used was 6. No wind to speak of, temperatures over 100F on the way to work just prior to midday, and high 90s on the way home around 830pm.
9m 43s trip time
10m 19s trip time
I only had one instance taht I noticed of the speedo "sticking" on the FUsin display, on the way to work, and that was as I pulled into work it stayed at 19.6MPH, and showed 430W even though I was stopped. It stayed that way as I walked the bike to the back of the store and parked it in the warehouse, noted down the CA data, etc. I turned it off via the Mode button, then back on, and it woke correctly, with zeroed readouts. I held the wheel off-ground and spun it up and let it slow, and the display correctly follwoed this.
On the way home, though, I had it happen a bunch of times. Didn't affect hte operation of the bike or motor, but if I didn't have the CA on there I would not have known what speed I was actually at. It was apparently random as to what speed it would "stick" at, just as has been the case so far. Anything from 4.2MPH to 19.8MPH, and sometimes the Watts would stick, too (sometimes those would start changing again while the speed didn't, but never vice-versa that I could see). Watts stuck at anything from 130 to 850.
As I reached home, it stuck again, at 4.2MPH and 810 watts, so after got the dogs calmed down, I took the camera out there and got a pic:
After I rolled it inside, and got the dogs let out and whatnot, several minutes later I went back and it was still stuck that way, so I power cycled it via the Mode button, and it did reset to zero, but then the battery meter did it's little "run down" thing, where it slowly takes bars off the display and then flashes the last one, as if the battery was dead (but it isn't even close--you can see this in the CA in the same picture). I tested the motor and it worked correctly via throttle, then I power cycled the whole system via keyswitch on the headlight unit.
It did exatly teh same thing again, except that this time the motor would not start up. I retried several times and got the same result--no motor from throttle or PAS, wheel off-ground, and the battery meter counted slowly down to empty.
I power cycled it via battery disconnect-reconnect, waiting 30 seconds between, and then it operated correctly. It even shut down the system after the wheel reached 29MPH, which is much faster than the 24MPH it would limit to with teh max setting in there for that (40Kph). But the display was again stuck at 29MPH, although the battery meter was normal 5 bars. Watts was not stuck, and had gone back to zero as expected. But because the display was stuck at 29MPH, it wouldn't let me restart the motor.
Further note: I had selected Trip Odo mode (accidentally, when trying to turn the backlight on), and it was at 2.9miles when the display "stuck" at 29. But 10 or 20 seconds later (not long after I snapped the pic above), before I power cycled the display or pressed any buttons, it updated to 3.1miles.
Cycling the display power via the Mode button brought the battery meter problem back again, but it did let the motor run, and reset the speed to zero as it should.
Also note that the intermittent problem with the Up button pressing on it's own resurfaced a few times today--once while riding, once while at work notating the CA readings, and a couple of times during the testing above, after I got home from work. It had stopped a few days ago, so I had forgotten about needing to look at it until today.
Fusin is working on the problem, to see if they can replicate it there in their own units, and I will be doing more troubleshooting tonight or tomorrow if I have time.