Chinese rear motor conversion kit?

martinko

10 mW
Anybody out there having a recommendation for a chinese (yes I know Crystalite) rear motor conversion kit? I have a goldenmotor but I am not too happy with it, and support (even mail answer) is not existing at all.

TIA
Martin

If you like to have support.. going crystalyte is the key as there are 1000's of people with them and forums full of people with experience with them so you don't have to rely on the vendor ( who as you know.. does not always know how to help you !! )

Pay a little more.. get alot more !

Hi Martinko - Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

Just curious on how you came to choose a goldenmotor and what are you main complaints.

JeffD said:
Just curious on how you came to choose a goldenmotor and what are you main complaints.

+1. Other than the skinny phase leads and relatively weak stock controller, it seems a fair motor.

And you really don't have too many options for a rear conversion kit. There aren't very many made. Other than C'lyte, your Golden Motor, and Puma are all I can think of. Someone else might be able to think of something, though.

You might get much better performance by changing the controller.

Does the motor get too hot?

JeffD said:
Hi Martinko - Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

sorry, have been off a few months.. hope this is still of interest:

I came to Goldenmotor by some conversation on e*ay about the quality of conversion kits.

my main problems with Goldenmotor is/was
- that the controller had no current limit (which nearly killed my batteries until I noticed)
- controller has an incorrect shutdown voltage (so it shut down long before the battery was empty)
- (motor is fairly big for my taste)
- they did not answer any mails...

apart from this, the motor still works in a nice project with another controller..

Back