Mac motor purchase and review uk

bionicdan

1 kW
I decided to give the old mac motor a whirl from em3ev and surprisingly didnt find much info on it here through search terms "mac motor". Anyway I thought I would splurge down a few details incase someone finds them helpful to decide what they want from a product and its ease of fitment. I have been contacted by another member from the uk for info on my purchase so guess he couldnt find what he needed either.

Last edited:
Paul can deliver much quicker if you want to pay for quicker, think we got one for a mate, just before Christmas, in less than 7 days.

One thing you do need to do is turn the axle around, so the wire exits underneath, with a drip loop so water does not flow into the motor

Are you just running at 36 volts? My mate is running at 50 now and is going up to 14 s Lipo so 58 volts in the nxt day or so, as soon as we build up his battery pack, siz 7s packs made as a 14s3p pack, each pack 5.8 AH so a 17 Ah pack

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but, who the hell sells a 223mm disc for bicycle use? i'd love to get my hands on one of those !!

NeilP said:
Are you just running at 36 volts? My mate is running at 50 now and is going up to 14 s Lipo so 58 volts...
+1
Not recommended to go over 60v (unless you run a CA V3 with throttle ramping) to keep the clutch from seizing, but at 36v you MAC is not even pulling 500W. I'd recommend as a minimum putting another stick of 3 cells to get to 15s and 48v. Here's a quick run on Justin's simulatorto compare 36 and 48v batteries.

36-48mac_iv.jpg

The mac motor can do much higher speeds and move you along at the speeds of a 9C DD. I ran mine at 35-39mph on the flats for a while. It can do 30mph no problem for long periods of time. It won't leave you wanting compared to the DD, you just have to run the appropriate voltage/amperage.

go to your use control panel and add your location..see other peoples name on RHS of their post? look down and you can see the location

bionicdan said:
I have already died in a horrific road accident due to someone else

NeilP said:
go to your use control panel and add your location

Well, that'd be heaven I'm guessing :lol:

Hi bionicdan,any updates on the motor ?Keep looking at these motors for single tracking ,flat land round here 30mph is good just want to get there quickly

I just ordered a replacement clutch and gear and controller. The gears are bright blue? Isnt that old tech? The controller looks used too so just wondered if anyone knows if the blue is new lol?

I could be wrong but I thought you could use a new type clutch in any year mac motor but you must also use the new gears with it. Who knows. Il have to give my brother a lesson on not yanking the throttle or it will deform the keyway and jam the clutch again. Maybe il disable boost mode 3 or get a smaller controller :)

izeman said:
you CAN mix the old/new freewheel and gears. but not all are a perfect match. the old freewheel is known to be weaker. this is no issue if you're within legal limts, but problems may start at 1kW+.

Paul/em3ev just told me the new cutch has problems so they are sticking with the old one which never ceased to be supplied by macmotors? I always heard the new one was stronger but I guess he should know.

Back