BH Emotion Neo Jumper - Full Suspension

LTZ470

10 mW
Received May 23. Bought from ElectricCyclery (DO NOT buy from these folks!) Laguna, California for $4460 shipped (Neo Jumper + 2 Batteries + Renthal Bars installed). Box was intact with a few black skid marks here and there. No holes or crushing. Unboxed all looked well, except one bolt missing from front caliper, two bent front spokes, both wheels wobble when spun, front more pronounced than rear, front brake disc bent, 2-3/8 Riser handlebars that I had Kevin with ElectricCyclery install on his recommendation would not fit the 31.8mm steering stem as the bars were only 25mm (They installed the bars and didn't even bother with checking to see if they fit the stem?), no bushings to install either, two bushings included thin and looked to be for 26mm bars. Kevin says that he will send the bolts, no response on ANY of the other items…just silence…we all know what that means…but I emailed Joe Marcoux @ BH Emotion USA the same emails…
Now for the assembly, I dug through all my adapters, bushings, acc's and came up with some bushings from and Adam Trail-A-Bike that would allow install of the handlebars. straighten front disc as much as possible utilizing my wife's marble island and a piece of thick glass, and got it truer somewhat, still squeaks each revolution…
Now for the battery, bought two 36V 9AH so I could change and charge between rides…charger is top of the line compared the Prodeco's cheap shite…both batteries took several hours to charge fully, but after using both they are very equal over a 8 mile ride each…dropped two bars which is half charge…standard PA setting…
Now for the ride, shocks required air I weigh 180 with 8 lbs additional racks/acc's…so 160 rear and 100 in front…not bad but front seems harsh, will lower to 90 and try that, rear is a little soft, but going to leave it there if i don't bottom out…
Trails…I am a beginner, but have rode the Prodeco Phantom on trails, and let me just say the Neo Jumper is like riding a Cadillac compared to Prodeco Phantom and it should be, hydraulic brakes on the Neo Jumper "rock" to say the least…the 30 speed Shimano is over kill but in rock garden trails it's a life saver, amazed at how light this bike is and the handling…can ride easily with just gearing alone, unlike the Prodeco that I have ran out of battery twice and literally had to stop and rest to ride the big pig up a hill due to gearing to high…
BH Emotion: 4 Stars
ElectricCyclery: 1 Star

All in all the Neo Jumper states that there are good things to come in full suspension MTB's…but bring your wallet and use a reputable dealer…ElectricCyclery is not one folks, the reviews tell all…they are ignoring my emails now and not responding with ANY service after the sell…ripoff comes to mind...

These are nice looking bikes I just did a google, love the smallish hub motor, very low key. Attractive frame & battery pack has Regen but for $4 grand 350 watts & 9 AH ?
For a 200 lber the range will be 20 miles or so ?
I'm cracking 30 miles a charge 4150 miles original battery 14 Ah, motor's 1200 watts @ peak me 200 lbs. riding weight & the bike costs$ 2 grand.
Looks like a nice bike though for people with $ to burn.
Enjoy that Caddy she does have some nice features !

50yearoldebiker said:
These are nice looking bikes I just did a google, love the smallish hub motor, very low key. Attractive frame & battery pack has Regen but for $4 grand 350 watts & 9 AH ?
For a 200 lber the range will be 20 miles or so ?
I'm cracking 30 miles a charge 4150 miles original battery 14 Ah, motor's 1200 watts @ peak me 200 lbs. riding weight & the bike costs$ 2 grand.
Looks like a nice bike though for people with $ to burn.
Enjoy that Caddy she does have some nice features !
No regen, that was a gimmick…the weight down low and the weight of the bike really works well together, just did 5 miles of mountain trails and I feel great, only had to get off and push twice, but the throttle control is great as i use it to "push" the bike in the rock gardens…
I have been riding a Prodeco Phantom, and this Neo jumper just excels in EVERY way…
I used 2/5 of the battery in 5 miles in eco/standard PA mode…lots of hills!…the make of the bike and the Shimano Gears work flawless…
Hear tell, that BH will be coming out with 36Volt 12AH 2014?, that should give a few more miles of fun...

The full suspension thing plus smaller hub motor [ easier on the spokes for bet better off roading & a " jumper ' } justifies the price it's a real " specialty bike ' I had an epiphany just figured it out :wink:
Yeah 12 AH's will do the trick or as jon Lovitz would say " Yeah, thats the ticket "
Heres link to review electricbike.com http://www.electricbike.com/easy-motion-jumper/
The front forks alone are over $ 1000 bucks ! Wow ! ??

This bike is the real deal, I punished it yesterday with my fat arse, I've even been pulling my 55 Lb Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) around with a Burley Dog Trailer and it just works great. The gears shifting under load really surprise me how they are like shifting an automatic…rode trails so tough yesterday I had to walk the bike for a mile, but being able to use the throttle to "push" the bike made it much easier, and for getting over obstacles as well…
I am still amazed at how light it is, I picked up my wife's Prodeco Stride 500R yesterday and it's like picking up and anvil compared to the Jumper, and the you can definitely tell all the weight is up top…I carried the Jumper across the river three times yesterday at deeper crossings even with camera in handlebar bag and 10 lbs in rear rack bag…still much lighter and easier to handle than the Prodeco by leaps and bounds...

Update on BH Emotion response from Joel, Lane, and John (Yeah, thats three guys all working on my case from BH Emotion). They are going to pay to have the wheels trued and disc straighten to make things right on my Neo Jumper…

These are great folks that provide service after the sale…a $4000 bike should have service after the sale to make sure things are right…BH Emotion Joel, Lane, Jone have all made sure I was taken care of…

A big heartfelt thanks to them…makes ALL the difference in the world!

STILL no reply from KEVIN at ElectricCyclery…no service after the sale and can't be bothered with folks he sold a bike to…lol…what a guy!…

Attachments

• loser.jpg
    loser.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 22,112
If I were to buy another Neo Jumper, it would be from Long Island Electric Bikes…Chris seems to be honest, well spoken, better prices (could have got the Jumper cheaper)…and Free Shipping, I would rather have "secure" damage free shipping…lol…

miro13car said:
I see , so motor is a quality unit , not your usual of the mill China brand.
It pulls as good as my 500W Prodeco Phantom motor easily..it is a fantastic bike that is light and handles excellent...but is a Medium Frame...

This is definitely one of the best products we've carried since opening 5 years ago. Actually, all of these BH Emotion Neo's are really nice! Things have come a long way in the past 5 years. You might be able to match the power, range and many of the specs of these bikes with a conversion kit (for less), but you won't get the quality, integrated design, excellent riding characteristics or intuitive PAS system. Riding one of these bikes compared to a cheap chinese bike or decent conversion kit -- is like NIGHT and DAY...

ecowheelz said:
This is definitely one of the best products we've carried since opening 5 years ago. Actually, all of these BH Emotion Neo's are really nice! Things have come a long way in the past 5 years. You might be able to match the power, range and many of the specs of these bikes with a conversion kit (for less), but you won't get the quality, integrated design, excellent riding characteristics or intuitive PAS system. Riding one of these bikes compared to a cheap chinese bike or decent conversion kit -- is like NIGHT and DAY...

exactely
yes, DIY might much speed , power but not Quality and most of all smooth riding experience.

I am really amazed at how well the Neo Jumper performs, great surprise for me...the Prodeco is a big heavy unbalanced pig compared to the Neo Jumper...

I recommend taking your bike to Myron's Extreme Machines in Fullerton, ca. I went to his store last week and he was servicing the same bike for another guy. Looks like an awesome bike. The owner is a real gem and nice guy. He let me ride 3 bikes yet I didn't buy anything from him. Check his yelp reviews, all 5 stars including mine.

I offered to tip the owner for letting me test drive his bikes, yet he kindly refused and told me that that's not how he does business.

I've seen a BH Emotion e-bike on the Fullerton Loop trail as I was driving by. I could tell by the color scheme and downtube design. It's nice to see more e-bikes on the dirt.

Thread resurrected.

Though the list price is $4k, with a little shopping around, you'll find these bikes for $3.5K or less. As far as full-suspension MTB's go, I haven't found another e-bike that has the combination of balance, quality, and ride at this price.

http://www.emotionbikesusa.com/ebikes/EN663

For 2014, the Neo Jumper has a 36V 12Ah battery (previous Jumpers shipped with a 9Ah battery). They changed the color too:

http://www.cascade.org/connect-bike-shows-seattle-bicycle-expo/product-spotlights

oilerlord said:
Thread resurrected.

Though the list price is $4k, with a little shopping around, you'll find these bikes for $3.5K or less. As far as full-suspension MTB's go, I haven't found another e-bike that has the combination of balance, quality, and ride at this price.

http://www.emotionbikesusa.com/ebikes/EN663

For 2014, the Neo Jumper has a 36V 12Ah battery (previous Jumpers shipped with a 9Ah battery). They changed the color too:

http://www.cascade.org/connect-bike-shows-seattle-bicycle-expo/product-spotlights

I think it's worth paying a bit more and getting the lower end Haibike full suspension for the benefits of the mid-drive.

http://www.motostrano.com/Haibike-X...FS-40-LM.htm?gclid=CKnd3uTX6rwCFe1QOgod6V0ADA

I think it's worth paying a bit more and getting the lower end Haibike full suspension for the benefits of the mid-drive.

Based on what?

There are likely benefits with mid-drive, but looks and simplicity are not among them.

And, 25% is more than a bit on $$$.

I like the Neo Jumper a lot and is no doubt one of the best Hub drive full suspension bikes currently on the market. However, it does have limitations as with any hub motor driven mountain bike. I believe even the US spec bike is kind of on the slow side too.

I got to say though that Haibike suggested by sky would kill it. Worth the extra 25% any day (IMO :) ) You need to ride a mid drive on single track hard to appreciate what all the mid drive hype is about. More complicated! Not particularly. Just moving the complication from the wheel into the bottom bracket.

If the price is too rich, check out the Bafang Mid drive thread. All the mid drive benefits at a fraction of the cost :mrgreen:

Kepler said:
I like the Neo Jumper a lot and is no doubt one of the best Hub drive full suspension bikes currently on the market. However, it does have limitations as with any hub motor driven mountain bike. I believe even the US spec bike is kind of on the slow side too.

I got to say though that Haibike suggested by sky would kill it. Worth the extra 25% any day (IMO :) ) You need to ride a mid drive on single track hard to appreciate what all the mid drive hype is about. More complicated! Not particularly. Just moving the complication from the wheel into the bottom bracket.

If the price is too rich, check out the Bafang Mid drive thread. All the mid drive benefits at a fraction of the cost :mrgreen:

+1

I do agree that the Neo Jumper is VERY discrete with the proprietary battery in the downtube.

However, I do feel there are simply better options out there. Haibike aside, DIY is definitely the way to go in terms of saving money.

Just an example:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products...l_ds_xii.htm?gclid=CLu_gN3V7LwCFTDxOgodSH4AEQ
+
http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=431
+
http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=161

There are far better used full suspension bikes, with better components and less cost than the Motobecane, that can accommodate that frame mount battery. :wink:

Of course the big downside is the wrench work. Time is money, so how ever you calculate the value... it may be more or less worth it to the end user. There's also tools to purchase if you don't already have them... etc... etc...

Anyhow, I'm sure anyone who does have a Neo Jumper is very happy with it. :D

EDIT: "Better" is very subjective. The Neo Jumper is certainly better in the looks department and for those who don't mind a bit more human input on steep hills.

Just uploaded some photos from Dinosaur Valley State Park...great riding, swimming, and family oriented...
http://acwilli.smugmug.com/Other/Dinosaur-Valley-State-Park/29775590_vB8Dk2#!i=2551196939&k=bz3c8v3
@LTZ470:

Thanks for sharing those! What kind of bug is that on Photo 40 of 71?

Back