2012 Stromer Elite

joepah

10 W
A new Bike store in Miami bought the inventory of an old bike store and decided that they didn't want to be in the electric bike business.. So they're unloading 7 brand new 2012 Stromers.. I bought a Stromer Elite for $1600, which seems like a steal. Since they are a BMC Dealer, and BMC bought Stromer this year, I'm supposed to have a factory warranty... We'll see.

Sold my 2009 A2B Metro last week because I didn't want to shell out over $600 for a 36v11ah frame battery, and the Metro is a great bike but throttle only.

Battery on the Stromer was as dead as Julius Caesar (ty Sean Connery), and after charging it 12 hours at a time and using for the last few days, the indicated battery charge is only 52%.. After riding for 21 miles today with the Pedal Assist mode, the battery charge indicated was 48%.. Something aint right..Suspect leaving the battery discharged for a few months make have done some permanent damage.

The bike is much easier to pedal into the mid 20's than the A2B, and with 27 speeds with Pedal Assist, the days of fake peddling are over. The Tektro Agura hydraulic brakes are not good.. Hopefully I can find some better pads.

Anyone have any idea how to reset the controller module, or troubleshoot the battery, or a Stromer contact?

joepah said:
A new Bike store in Miami bought the inventory of an old bike store and decided that they didn't want to be in the electric bike business.. So they're unloading 7 brand new 2012 Stromers.. I bought a Stromer Elite for $1600, which seems like a steal. Since they are a BMC Dealer, and BMC bought Stromer this year, I'm supposed to have a factory warranty... We'll see.

Sold my 2009 A2B Metro last week because I didn't want to shell out over $600 for a 36v11ah frame battery, and the Metro is a great bike but throttle only.

Battery on the Stromer was as dead as Julius Caesar (ty Sean Connery), and after charging it 12 hours at a time and using for the last few days, the indicated battery charge is only 52%.. After riding for 21 miles today with the Pedal Assist mode, the battery charge indicated was 48%.. Something aint right..Suspect leaving the battery discharged for a few months make have done some permanent damage.

The bike is much easier to pedal into the mid 20's than the A2B, and with 27 speeds with Pedal Assist, the days of fake peddling are over. The Tektro Agura hydraulic brakes are not good.. Hopefully I can find some better pads.

Anyone have any idea how to reset the controller module, or troubleshoot the battery, or a Stromer contact?

As I said in your other post charge the battery outside the bike with the cable that comes with the bike just for that reason...it worked on my 2013 and reset the indicator.

Ah good idea... They didn't give me the adapter cable or any manual... Just a bike and a charger...

Guess I'll keep trying to get someone ffrom Stromer to give me a call. or maybe some dealer can sell me a cable.

Went 26 miles in PAS City Mode at 21 mph on FLAT terrain.. Don't know if that's good or not.

Went 18 Miles in PAS Power Mode at 21 mph on FLAT terrain, SOC went from 100% to 28%

Went 17.5 Miles in PAS Power Mode at 21 mph on FLAT terrain, SOC went from 99% to 29%

Went 24.5 Miles in PAS Power and ECO Mode at 18 mph on FLAT terrain, SOC went from 99% to 17%

Went 27.5 Miles in PAS Touring and ECO Mode at 16 mph on FLAT terrain, SOC went from 99% to 13%.

Went 15 Miles in PAS Power Mode at 16 mph on FLAT terrain, SOC went from 98% to 38%.

Went 18 Miles in PAS Eco and some Power Mode at 20 mph, SOC went from 100% to 55%. avg speed 17 mph.

Back