Seatpost with suspension

mateusleo

1 kW
So, i recently bought a seatpost just like this one, Zoom branded:

$_57.JPG

And i have some things to talk about it. First of all, i'll post a pic of it in my bike:

IMG_20140318_171517.jpg

Ok, lets talk about it. As you can see in the picture, my seat has springs, which will probably increase the capacity to absorb impacts.

--Seapost with suspension PROS:
If you don't have a full suspension frame and isn't planning to get one, they are not REALLY good, but are certanly better than nothing and they cost almost the same as a common seatpost, so its worth to buy it.
Will help you yo feel less impact, mainly if combined to a seat with springs.

--Seapost with suspension CONS:
I didn't any big problem here, the only thing is that if you are a short person and usually uses the seapost in the minimum, it will increase a little bit the position, but this worth if you are gonna get less impact. Also, it makes it a liettle bit harder to attach stuff in the seatpost, such as light, lock support, etc.

Conclusion: As i live in Brazil and we have bad roads here, i bought it. My bike doesn't have full suspension, only a cheap fork with suspension. That seatpost with suspenson combined to my seat with springs bought me a great help, it doesn't make any miracle, but certanly better than nothing, and the price difference about a the seapost with suspension and a common one is insignificant. I had to use a wire to attach my lock to the seatpost, but it cool, i like the suspension.

The BEST I Ihave used is the Cane Creek " Thud Buster" They list for 169.00 US but can be found on Ebay much cheaper. I got mine NEW for about 80.00 was a odd size but just used heat shrink on seat post to get right fitment. Cane Creek has two main model.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 3,293
  • Cane-Creek-cane-creek-thudbuster-st-anodised-suspension-seat-post-shorter-linkage-design-272-m...jpg
    Cane-Creek-cane-creek-thudbuster-st-anodised-suspension-seat-post-shorter-linkage-design-272-m...jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 3,293
Yeah Thudbuster works great! One gotcha though, it will impose a minimum seat height on you which may be uncomfortable depending on your frame size/geometry.

You won't be able to 'lower it' easily if a girl/wife person wants to ride your bike...

IMG_1488_zpsbb638037.jpg

I'm enjoying my Suntour NCX. It's adjustable, smooth, progressive...with very little "stiction". Costs a bit less than the Thudbuster, but can be slightly difficult to find:

qchs.jpg

For sure a great alternative for those who don't have full suspension frame. The most important characteristic on my zoom suspension seatpost was the price: about 15 dollars and it does a good job

Back