Currie ''peak'' review

runonpre

100 mW
This is my first e-bike so I have nothing to compare it to.. First I would like to thanks Chris Nolte @ ''long island e-bikes'' for a great deal and for answering all my questions. Bike was easy to assemble just had to put bars and pedals on..Rode the bike about a 1/4 mile without any power to check gearing, brakes etc. and found the bike very easy to pedal even though it was twice as heavy as my Gary Fisher 29..It takes two buttons to get her juiced up, one is on battery the other is on bars with level of assist buttons and panel light switch.It has a numerical count down on the center panel which shows what mode of assist your in , speed,mileage,battery life and o.d.... First thing you notice about riding it is it is so quiet !! I could not hear motor run at all..Shifted thru the gears ,7 if I remember right, very easily even under power..Got up to 29 mph very quickly ! I averaged about 25 for my first 10 mile ride and used one bar out of 5 on battery gauge.. It was very easy to maintain this speed on a windy hilly route..Brakes worked great and the only problem I had was when I took a small jump off road and battery disconnected , I may not have had it locked in good not sure.. So far bike has meet all my expectations and then some.. Really like the idea that you have to hold throttle down and pedal for the motor to work at all as this forces you to keep spinning..if I don't want to pedal I will jump on TW200 or Ninja !!Will update review as I put more miles on it..

heres a brief video about the izip peak from interbike 2013 :
[youtube]7haQyj3RxZY[/youtube]

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53425#p805717

Hi Runonpre,

I am very seriously considering the Peak and was wondering if you could give us an update now that you have had it for a few months. How has it stood up? Do you still enjoy riding it? How has the range been? There are no reviews I can find for this bike other than yours that are fully independent.

Regards,

Back