Warn!BattConditionTest BA500 problems and bad service

It pays to read your warranty carefully.

Most warranties require the purchaser to return the unit for repair, this is normal practice and one of the reasons you are better to buy locally if possible and the gamble you take when you buy from futher afield or overseas.
For example, my 3 month old ride on lawn mower broke part of the steering arm. I had to pay a towing service to take it to the mower shop I purchased it from, the shop fixed it for free under warranty and I paid to have it returned.

Some warranties only cover replacement of parts, but you have to pay for the labour to replace the part. Example is Gazelle Nexus rear wheel spokes breaking within the 2 year warranty, Gazelle supplied 36 new spokes but the owner had to pay for the wheel to be rebuilt with the new spokes! (there is currently a 12 week waiting period for rear wheel spokes from Gazelle).

I wish you good luck with getting some better service from the seller as the battery tester looks like a nice unit for e-bike repair.

I totally understand where he is coming from and how Warranty Works.

In 2004 i bought a brand new Nissan Patrol from the dealer, 3 months later and a few Suspension mods later we took it from Sydney to Frazer Island and it blew up on the freeway with only 3500km on it. i had to pay to have it shipped to Nissan in Brisbane who was happy to replace the engine free of charge but when i went to pick it up i had a bill for just over $8000 for the removal of the blown engine and to have the new engine put in, That was there labour charge to me for selling me a 4x4 with a crap engine in it from new.

Customer Service is great.

My Advise to everyone now is DONT BUY A NISSAN PATROL.

why did the engine blow up? did the engine lose oil and had no oil pressure indicator that worked? was it knocking before it blew up or overheating? no indications at all that it was failing before it blew up?

of course nobody would buy a nissan 4x4 in any case but i have never seen a motor just blow up without warning, and i have blown two.

maybe the guy who started this thread will take his battery tester apart enuff to show us what broke and we can help him fix it.

i just use electric space heaters to test batteries. but my max is 53A from a big 72V lifepo4/lipo pack. that required 8 heaters.

dnmun said:
why did the engine blow up? did the engine lose oil and had no oil pressure indicator that worked? was it knocking before it blew up or overheating? no indications at all that it was failing before it blew up?

of course nobody would buy a nissan 4x4 in any case but i have never seen a motor just blow up without warning, and i have blown two.

The engine blew because of a faulty Crank shaft in it that had broke into 2 main pieces, As for warning yes i did get some , In fact it took about 10 seconds from the 1st weird noise to complete lockup. I was towing a camper van which is light compared to a caravan but as we were travelling along at 110km/h i heard a strange bang and the power went funny in the motor so i backed of the engine put my blinker on to pull over and as i slowed to about 6o or 70 km/h it just went bang and locked up on me, Luckly i pushed the clutch in straight away and we rolled to a stop.

The big problem with a labour cost was that they didnt replace the whole motor, they took it apart and put the same heads and turbo back on and all that bullshit cost a fortune.
I later found out i could have chosen to have the whole thing replaced for an extra $6000 but i was not told that till after i complained about the bil, I guess they seem me coming.

yep, dealers have way to suck money out of a vacuum. broken crank is way out there. that had to be a defect from the original forging so you are right that they shoulda covered it all imo.

never broke a crank, but pushed connecting rods out the side of the block, i felt bad about leaving all that metal and oil on the freeway as i watched it spread out across the highway in the rear view mirror.

i was able to push the clutch in too just as it blew so i was able to coast downhill for another mile until i could get off the freeway and roll to a stop in a deserted truck stop called the 'red desert' out in the middle of wyoming. 20 miles to the next town. my neighbor came out and he towed it home on a 6' nylon rope, 161 miles at 60 mph with me driving. i was able to keep the rope tight on the downhills by pulling out of his slipstream into the wind so it kept the rope tight.

Back