New nine continend RH205 80A 72V ok?

steam25

100 W
hi guys,
a short question i got this RH205 and we will use it on a mini bike with 20" rim and 72V battery.

controller will be sabvoton sinus wave with 80A battery current.
the motor is rated at 1500W and have 30mm stator.
because of the small wheel we should get higher amps just a second or so i guess.

coming to my questions:

who have tested this motor before and what amps i could use before is goes down to a plasmafire hell? :mrgreen:
of course i will start test it with around 20A and see what happend. but it would be nice to hear your advices so i can get a little feeling for this new motor :idea:
i readed that some of you guys use it at 72V and 30A stable in 26" rims. of course 80A seems crazy for this motor. but still wanna know what you think...
thanks alot!

i checked it. and another friend confirmed that 50-60A in a 20" rim would be fine.
i will make a video and keep you guys updated

thanks for the help guys.
today i tried the 9c motor and got expected good results and unexpected power levels.
THIS SMALL BIKE IS INSAAAAAAAAANE! :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

left side is the green 9c bike with around 3500-4000W testing today. i just throw on a old 72V pack which can only push out around 40A and have the mother of all saaaaaag going on.
IMG_5013-Optimized.JPG
right side is the nice little 8fun gear motor now limited to around 1500W and new mini 72V battery.
IMG_5015-Optimized.JPG

after going crazy in the underground garage the poor old pack gave up and dropped to 58V, then i stopped and went home.

short check for temperature resulted in 60C°
IMG_4988-Optimized.JPG

next week i will get the brand new high power battery with 18Ah and 180A continuous.

i want share my results now. after testing this motor couple of days i never got it over 60C° cover temp.
torque is unreal and top speed with new battery is 62km/h. fast enough for such a tiny bike.

setting which feel safe for me now are:

65A battery current
180A phase current
20" rim with fat tire (so lets say 21")

i want say its a really nice looking thing and worth the money. i will order more later for my bigger bikes.

What I think is the RH205 may be sold from Grin as M300x, x={4,6,7 turn} rear DD with 9 speed cassette. I've run the unit with 13S and 16S, peak 35.5 Amps. It rides great on a 14 mile rolling hill commute at 13S wide open, but voltage was not high enough to keep me out of automatic regen on 40 mph downhills. (26" wheel)

At 16S (~67V volts) it runs absolutely awesome with significantly more torque and keeps me from getting passed on Atlanta's scary roads - but my motor gets hot enough to cause a mechanical interference (scraping) on hotter days after a short steep climb at the 14 mile mark, running 2000-2200w. It may be iron scraping magnets - no inspections made yet. Maybe the air gap is a little tight, whatever - its probably just my motor/luck. Dialing the current limit back to around 25 Amps has helped prevent the heat-related issue. I'll keep the power limit around 1800w, though if I had a better CA I'd make use of the motor's thermistor and the CA3's current roll-back feature and let her rip. All considered I'd buy another, and upgrade that CA2. :D

Back