Please close this thread---it's ruined at page three

Get real world experience and user feedback on the electric bicycle products.
User avatar
Reid Welch   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2031
Joined: Nov 18 2006 5:31pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Post by Reid Welch » Apr 15 2007 9:03pm

Friend Randy, you've frocked the page view again by applying overly-wide pictures above.

"Assertions" are all yours. I have cited that the EV Tech Point One pack has been on the market and been used HARD for a year and one half.

The maker, EV Tech's Doug Canfield, says no bad cells have turned up.

These are not assertions. They are rather credible records of facts.

If the packs were failing, we'd hear about them failing--big time, from disappointed users.

Doug has worked with batteries since '85 or so;
I tend to take his word, inasmuch as his clients all back him up.

There will be failures of BMS and charger here and there.
And a bad cell will show up eventually,

but, Randy, it's been running for a year and a half now.
And the packs are not dying.

Assertions are one thing. Irresponsible slanders are another.

Anywho, the page view has been frocked.
If you won't take a care and repair the view,
please don't plaster page three with wide ass pictures.

You do have an edit function, you know?

Thanks Randy. I could never hate you. I even like you.

Reid

User avatar
xyster   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3089
Joined: Jan 02 2007 8:39pm
Location: Visualize Rural Sheep

Post by xyster » Apr 15 2007 9:12pm

There's no debating severe personality disorders.... :roll:
Ebike: 5304/20", 72V 35A controller, 33AH 80V 20s15p (18650 sized cells) DIY lithium-ion pack
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 47&start=0
Scooter: '06 Stealth s1000, 48V 30A, 4x10ah SLA
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148
Ebike: '06 Currie Mongoose, 32V 35A, 32V 22AH hybrid SLA/Li-ion pack
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1010

User avatar
Reid Welch   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2031
Joined: Nov 18 2006 5:31pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Post by Reid Welch » Apr 15 2007 11:35pm

Regardless of his particular preference for testosterone blow-offs,
I will allow for him into my circle of life.

___________
_______

Randy, three related questions:

where can I buy a big Kokam pack and how much will it cost,
and where are the user reports. user reports. user reports?


I do think Kokam must be best. I want to know how the flying frock
to buy such a pack a fair market price, or at any price, all ready to
go (encased, as in their catalog pictures.

I want most of all: user reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reports,

that's the big thing: user reports. Where are they?
How about you? No?

Hmmm..

PS: Please do not quote this entire post, if at all.
People, including me, don't need or like that habit.

User avatar
knoxie   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2430
Joined: Jan 03 2007 5:54pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by knoxie » Apr 16 2007 4:24am

Hi

You don't have to tip toe around with Draper he is from the same mould some of the power assisters are born from, the fact is Randys very own batteries are made from the same pouch supplier that these batteries are!! so he is shooting himself in the foot again.

There have been BMS failures that is true but the packs are holding up, just go and ask over on the TF forum as there are quite a few users over there that are having no problems at all after over a years daily use of these packs.

Sure the Chinese stuff can be a little rough around the edges but it works generally and works well, try getting a pack from Saft or Kokam for the same price, I know these packs will be better but they would cost twice as much or more.

You cant believe anything Randy says as it appears he has either fell off his now illegal brick moped and banged his head because he has forgotten that he supplied Ken Trough with one of his motors and it burned up!! now he is saying he never did, so he is either lying or his already rotten brain is rotting even more.

I used to Like Randy but he has turned real sour now and is just a pain, I don't know why he wants to change the world e-bikes are now illegal probably the local authorities saw his 50 min videos and decided it would be good for business if holiday makers thought the island was full of old men on high speed un insured dangerous 50 dollar walmart e-bikes!! he has probably stitched himself up! he he, hey are you going to enter the cycle to sun race this year????? no you cant coz they banned you from that as well!! ha ha.


Ha ha ha ha

Knoxie

User avatar
EbikeMaui   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 447
Joined: Mar 10 2007 8:57pm

Post by EbikeMaui » Apr 16 2007 7:34pm

knoxie wrote:Hi

You don't have to tip toe around with Draper he is from the same mould some of the power assisters are born from, the fact is Randys very own batteries are made from the same pouch supplier that these batteries are!! so he is shooting himself in the foot again.

There have been BMS failures that is true but the packs are holding up, just go and ask over on the TF forum as there are quite a few users over there that are having no problems at all after over a years daily use of these packs.

Sure the Chinese stuff can be a little rough around the edges but it works generally and works well, try getting a pack from Saft or Kokam for the same price, I know these packs will be better but they would cost twice as much or more.

You cant believe anything Randy says as it appears he has either fell off his now illegal brick moped and banged his head because he has forgotten that he supplied Ken Trough with one of his motors and it burned up!! now he is saying he never did, so he is either lying or his already rotten brain is rotting even more.

I used to Like Randy but he has turned real sour now and is just a pain, I don't know why he wants to change the world e-bikes are now illegal probably the local authorities saw his 50 min videos and decided it would be good for business if holiday makers thought the island was full of old men on high speed un insured dangerous 50 dollar walmart e-bikes!! he has probably stitched himself up! he he, hey are you going to enter the cycle to sun race this year????? no you cant coz they banned you from that as well!! ha ha.


Ha ha ha ha

Knoxie
Love you too.
Endless-sphere.com
Electric Vehicle Technology Forums
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Profile You have no new messages Log out [ EbikeMaui ]


Comparisons? WattHrs/mi/lb. @ speed
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Endless-sphere.com Forum Index -> E-Bike Reviews & Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Drunkskunk
10 µW


Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Posts: 5

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathurin wrote:
Lowell wrote:
I propose a new unit of measure: Volcanos per coulumb per stone.

+1

And to make things fair for everyone, units should be variable.


Wouldn't you need to devide it by the weight of the beer consumed?

Back to top


TylerDurden
1 kW


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 437
Location: Location, location.
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drunkskunk wrote:
Mathurin wrote:
Lowell wrote:
I propose a new unit of measure: Volcanos per coulumb per stone.

+1

And to make things fair for everyone, units should be variable.


Wouldn't you need to devide it by the weight of the beer consumed?



Only if the ride is less than 10 min.


_________________
Regards,

TD

Back to top


Lowell
10 kW


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 563
Location: Vancouver
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:11 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non alcohol beer of course.

Coulombs and stones... well they're set in stone. We just need to agree on a standardized volcano unit.

Bike and rider weight of 20 stones, and I use about 50,000 coulombs to get to work. I just need the work-trip to volcano conversion factor...

Back to top


Mathurin
10 kW


Joined: 24 May 2006
Posts: 558
Location: Québec
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:12 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, shurely 4% vs 9% beer should be quantified differently?

Last time I drank two 1.18l's of 5.9% beer, I had to walk my bike a good part of the way to get home, plus I had to stop each 15m to take a leak. Really, it hurt my bike's efficiency.
_________________
Cult of the Endless-Sphere, Grand Imperial Dynasty - apprentice druid

Back to top


Lowell
10 kW


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 563
Location: Vancouver
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathurin wrote:
But, shurely 4% vs 9% beer should be quantified differently?

Last time I drank two 1.18l's of 5.9% beer, I had to walk my bike a good part of the way to get home, plus I had to stop each 15m to take a leak. Really, it hurt my bike's efficiency.


Every 15 meters?

Back to top


xyster
100 kW


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 1451
Location: Visualize Rural Sheep
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:38 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lowell wrote:
Mathurin wrote:
But, shurely 4% vs 9% beer should be quantified differently?

Last time I drank two 1.18l's of 5.9% beer, I had to walk my bike a good part of the way to get home, plus I had to stop each 15m to take a leak. Really, it hurt my bike's efficiency.


Every 15 meters?


To help increase your bike's efficiency, wear one of these:
http://www.urology.coloplast.com/bladde ... heters.htm

_________________
Ebike: 5304/24", 72V 35A controller, 33ah 80V 20s15p (18650 sized cells) DIY lithium-ion pack
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 47&start=0
Scooter: Stealth s1000, 48V 30A, 4x10ah SLA
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148

Back to top


Lowell
10 kW


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 563
Location: Vancouver
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drink from this:
http://www.thebeerbelly.com/

And then....
http://www.stadiumpal.com/

Back to top


Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

Endless-sphere.com Forum Index -> E-Bike Reviews & Testing All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Stop watching this topic

Jump to: Select a forum General----------------General DiscussionPolls & SurveysFAQ Electric Vehicles----------------E-Vehicles General Discussion Electric Bicycles----------------E-Bike General DiscussionE-Bike TechnicalE-Bike Reviews & TestingE-Bike Photos & Video Electric Scooters and Motorcycles----------------E-Scooter and Motorcycle General DiscussionE-Scooter and Motorcycle Photos & Videos Online Market----------------Resources & EV Related PartsBuying & SearchingSelling & Surplus

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Efficiency and longevity Rules!
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ecyclemaui

User avatar
xyster   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3089
Joined: Jan 02 2007 8:39pm
Location: Visualize Rural Sheep

Post by xyster » Apr 16 2007 7:51pm

I think I figured it out: Randy is actually a sophisticated and engaging Psychology PhD candidate in the midst of writing his thesis -- a study of how far online forum members can be pushed before giving the boot to the flock's proverbial black sheep.
Ebike: 5304/20", 72V 35A controller, 33AH 80V 20s15p (18650 sized cells) DIY lithium-ion pack
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 47&start=0
Scooter: '06 Stealth s1000, 48V 30A, 4x10ah SLA
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148
Ebike: '06 Currie Mongoose, 32V 35A, 32V 22AH hybrid SLA/Li-ion pack
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1010

User avatar
EbikeMaui   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 447
Joined: Mar 10 2007 8:57pm

Post by EbikeMaui » Apr 17 2007 5:32pm

xyster wrote:I think I figured it out: Randy is actually a sophisticated and engaging Psychology PhD candidate in the midst of writing his thesis -- a study of how far online forum members can be pushed before giving the boot to the flock's proverbial black sheep.
Baaaaaaaaaa What I see is forum that is run by jelous promotors of the
cheapest products THEY can get and or resell.While they dismiss REAL facts and make up pretty fictional charts of there own for results. Yet to get any of the posted results flat land and hard pedaling is required. Since no one has any hills or wind nothing else matters.Long steep hill climb videos are no existent because they are boreing .Talking about Sheep! lol They all Baaaaaaaaaa to the same tune!
Efficiency and longevity Rules!
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ecyclemaui

User avatar
xyster   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3089
Joined: Jan 02 2007 8:39pm
Location: Visualize Rural Sheep

Post by xyster » Apr 17 2007 5:56pm

Tell us what you specifically think of these EV Tech lipo's, Randy.
Can you point-by-point compare and contrast with your lithium batteries?
Ebike: 5304/20", 72V 35A controller, 33AH 80V 20s15p (18650 sized cells) DIY lithium-ion pack
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 47&start=0
Scooter: '06 Stealth s1000, 48V 30A, 4x10ah SLA
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148
Ebike: '06 Currie Mongoose, 32V 35A, 32V 22AH hybrid SLA/Li-ion pack
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1010

User avatar
Reid Welch   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2031
Joined: Nov 18 2006 5:31pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Post by Reid Welch » Apr 17 2007 6:52pm

I'm done with this thread---I'm leaving it to xyster and to Randy.

I asked xyster by PM to kindly remove his posting that stands atop this page three.

xyster tells me to blow it out my nose.
So I will.

I felt that the new page deserved a new start--clean from trollings and major detrackings. Won't happen here now.

So---this thread is closed.
I'll ask fechter to lock it. It is my thread topic after all and it was to serve a purpose to benefit the community.

No worry, I'll make a new information thread.


Thanks for understanding,

Reid

User avatar
EbikeMaui   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 447
Joined: Mar 10 2007 8:57pm

Post by EbikeMaui » Apr 17 2007 7:09pm

Reid Welch wrote:I'm done with this thread---I'm leaving it to xyster and to Randy.

I asked xyster by PM to kindly remove his posting that stands atop this page three.

xyster tells me to blow it out my nose.
So I will.

I felt that the new page deserved a new start--clean from trollings and major detrackings. Won't happen here now.

So---this thread is closed.
I'll ask fechter to lock it. It is my thread topic after all and it was to serve a purpose to benefit the community.

No worry, I'll make a new information thread.


Thanks for understanding,

Reid
Hey when YOUR group starts getting personal with NO facts what do you expect? I truthly state my own facts (IMO) from what I know to be TRUE! It is America. LOL
Efficiency and longevity Rules!
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ecyclemaui

User avatar
xyster   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3089
Joined: Jan 02 2007 8:39pm
Location: Visualize Rural Sheep

Post by xyster » Apr 17 2007 7:15pm

xyster tells me to blow it out my nose.
So I will.
I replied to Reid by asking him to talk to Randy instead of me if he had a problem with Randy's posts in this thread. I can't control what somebody else writes....sheez...
Ebike: 5304/20", 72V 35A controller, 33AH 80V 20s15p (18650 sized cells) DIY lithium-ion pack
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 47&start=0
Scooter: '06 Stealth s1000, 48V 30A, 4x10ah SLA
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148
Ebike: '06 Currie Mongoose, 32V 35A, 32V 22AH hybrid SLA/Li-ion pack
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1010

User avatar
EbikeMaui   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 447
Joined: Mar 10 2007 8:57pm

Post by EbikeMaui » Apr 17 2007 7:22pm

xyster wrote:Tell us what you specifically think of these EV Tech lipo's, Randy.
Can you point-by-point compare and contrast with your lithium batteries?
They apear to be made by the same Chineese Company that uses many different brands of cells and BMS units. I'm sure they may be getting a little better as they try? to work things out.Doug bases his prices on getting better results than Safts Nimh packs that sell $850.Even though the Lipos cost $250. from China.After any ebke dealers sell them the packs will cost 3 times more.= as much as Kokams Direct(with 3 or 4 times the cycle life) Make your choice if you dare.
Efficiency and longevity Rules!
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ecyclemaui

User avatar
Reid Welch   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2031
Joined: Nov 18 2006 5:31pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Post by Reid Welch » Apr 17 2007 7:29pm

xyster wrote:
xyster tells me to blow it out my nose.
So I will.
I replied to Reid by asking him to talk to Randy instead of me if he had a problem with Randy's posts in this thread. I can't control what somebody else writes....sheez...
You engaged the troll with you own special trollings, xyster. The topmost post of this page is pure troll designed to egg Randy.

You win. I quit this thread and have started a new one.
You're welcome to read it.


or not; whatever you like. Kick sand here.
And your PM exchange with me was not that of a friend.

User avatar
fechter   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 13049
Joined: Dec 31 2006 3:23pm
Location: California Bay Area, USA

Post by fechter » Apr 17 2007 10:22pm

Knock it off you assholes.

This is not what this forum is here for.

Randy:
be warned! I will not tolerate dissing/flaming/trolling kind of behavior. :x Others: it takes two to troll. We know it's easy. Don't make the situation worse.

We want to hear about the technical aspects of your bike. We want real (and accurate) user reports and experience. We value your experience. If you think somebody else is being stupid, keep it to yourself. Put your camera where your mouth is and show us the guts of your bike. Take apart your motor and controller. Try new stuff. Let others learn from your experience.

It is not appropriate to post negative comments about somebody who is trying to advance the science of electric vehicle transportation because they are choosing to do something differently than you.

I am posting this publicly rather than in a P.M. because I embrace the concept of transparency (I hate secret shit).

I hope you get the message. Please stay on topic and try to avoid inflamatory comments.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

Locked