Eco Bike Adventures

devo1223

100 W
I got a chance to check these guys out last weekend. They provide ebike tours on their private property near Reno in PortoIa, CA. I was really excited about my first time on a middrive. They use cyclone motors and make their own brackets to put on high end full suspension mountain bikes. The bike I rode was a Santa Cruz Bronson carbon 27.5. I carried a Luna cycle 52v 11ah battery in a backpack.
1. motor.jpg
2. green motor.jpg
My wife and I arrived and meet Chris the owner and guide for the day. There was another couple so a group of four plus guide for the day. The trails were mostly ATV trails made by the ATV operator they share the land with. I was hoping for some single track or technical trails but the wife appreciated the mellow ride. Chris mentioned they were working on new trails and I hope they cut some flowy single track soon.
2. me.jpg
View attachment 6
View attachment 5
Chris had several bikes out that we could try. I already know what my next build in going to be, that V10 looks awesome! The Luna was a beast.
4. V10 CARBON.jpg
View attachment 3
6. V10.jpg
7. QUAD.jpg

Overall my wife and I had a great time. I'm very excited something like this exists 45min from my house. I've been trying to convince my mountain bike friends how great this technology is but it has been a hard sell showing them my 80lb hubdrive with wires ducttaped and hanging out everywhere. I think they would appreciate an electric bike that looks and feels similar to a nonmotorized bike.

Everyone's bike did great. I knew enough not to shift under power but my wife did not so I cringed a few times in the beginning listening to her shift but she got the hang of it quickly. Chris said they were peaking at 3kw but I did not have a watt meter to confirm. I'm completely sold on middrives after this experience. Not nearly as loud as thought. I can''t wait for my next build.

Ok I'm finally putting this all together, these are the guys from Kranked ebikes - krankederides.com. They are also the makers of the series of Kranked mountain bike films. They take Ego-Kits and make their own brackets. Our guide Chris, helps make these kits, very cool. That V10 is a $15k ebike! They bought 2,000 acres to dedicate to ebikes 45min from my house!

Back