Field trip to powervelocity a.k.a. Vad's house.

aaronski

1 kW
Hi all,

I like vector and really enjoy my vector/adaptto bike, but I was intrigued by powervelocity's inexpensive Bluetooth enabled sine wave controllers. And as luck would have it he lives near my dad in Sacramento California so I stopped by to say hello, and take his controller (and entire bike)for a test drive.

We met up at a park near his place, I was wondering how I'd know it's him when his fully setup ebike rides up silently! It's fully tricked out and when i took it for a spin yup, that's some power.

The throttle response is much sharper than the adaptto, which is fun if not entirely safe, but it's fully configurable in software via an app and Bluetooth, and after dialing it back a bit it was quite smooth with plenty of power. Felt much quicker off the line than my adaptto mini.

I was also picking up a moped front wheel, and went back to Val's lab to pick it up. Very cool little shop with many living and dead controllers, and all the bits to upgrade them, and some truly awesome motors! There was a beast laced to a 19" rim that's good for 20kw, wish I could remember the model of it.

Long story short I loved the controller and am picking one up when it's ready. Adaptto makes great controllers and software, but I can't afford 2, and support was a bit tricky when you have to mail internationally. If you want power and are living in the USA this is a great controller option!

Update:

Running the controller at 4kw peak on a 18s pack and it's very quick. much faster response from this than my adappto which is weird. when adappto is set to 6kw peak, and this one set to 4kw, PowerVelocity's controller is more powerful.

Which would seem to indicate it's more efficient. also my commute went from 15 AH round trip to 11 ah round trip at roughly the same speed and exact same distance.

4 thumbs up!

update: dialed the power up to 110 battery amps, 250 phase amps. took it for a ride, then dialed it back down to a reasonable 50 amps. I think I need more volts.

Back