Raleigh Motus Electric Bike Review

Get real world experience and user feedback on the electric bicycle products.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Raleigh Motus Electric Bike Review

Post by LockH » Nov 10 2016 3:13pm

ES "Search found 2 matches: +Raleigh +Motus"... both buried in threads. So here's a third, with its own thread... `cause it's a review. From the UK, "Reviewing The Best In "Electronic" Bikes":
http://e-bikereview.uk/raleigh-motus-electric-bicycle/
Summary
Features: 7 gears – Lightweight – Sturdy design – Mudguards – Front and rear lights
Pricing: High-End
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

James Broadhurst   10 W

10 W

Re: Raleigh Motus Electric Bike Review

Post by James Broadhurst » Nov 11 2016 4:06am

I bought a Neo Cross and then "had to get" one of these for herself and there's a couple of things missing in this review. The range is astonishing; I doubt the claimed 100+ m but I think you'll get pretty close to it. And the front hub dynamo powered lights which have a big enough capacitor to stay on whilst stopped. It's a pretty comfortable seat too which does get a mention.
Great bike but for sheer pleasure the Neo is better. You appreciate Neo's disc brakes compared with the rim Magura brakes when stopping from speed.