Luna Cycle

JTL

10 W
I am one of those people that is quick to slam someone who I feel did me wrong and rarely ever compliment a company for doing the right thing and giving good service. Without going into unnecessary details I have had a couple of issues with Luna, one involving a motor that malfunctioned after a week or so and the second one involved a battery. In both instances Luna could have made me jump through hoops to get the issue resolved but they didn't. They took care of things in a timely and professional manner. I ended up purchasing a battery elsewhere only because Luna did not want my business but that doesn't matter to me. They likely figured I was a PITA. To me purchasing online has inherent risks and even more so with devices that are electronic and mechanical and subject to some pretty extreme conditions. Nice to know that some companies will support what they sell. Kudos to both Gary and Seb in support.
John

Good to hear. I recently experienced excellent Luna customer service from Rod & Seb while behind the scene Gary approved a very nice discount code to help me resolve an out of warranty part.

Their email system seemed to work quickly and those guys are very much on top of things and know their stuff. My purchase history was easily accessible and it was no problem to view what/when I had bought.

Been buying stuff from them for past few months. They do respond quickly to emails and ship fairly fast. They seem to have good customer service. They seem to be growing fast and to keep up the customer service is very hard to do. Kudos to them.

JTL said:
I am one of those people that is quick to slam someone who I feel did me wrong and rarely every complement a company for doing the right thing and giving good service. Without going into unnecessary details I have had a couple of issues with Luna, one involving a motor that malfunctioned after a week or so and the second one involved a battery. In both instances Luna could have made me jump through hoops to get the issue resolved but they didn't. They took care of things in a timely and professional manner. I ended up purchasing a battery elsewhere only because Luna did not want my business but that doesn't matter to me. They likely figured I was a PITA. To me purchasing online has inherent risks and even more so with devices that are electronic and mechanical and subject to some pretty extreme conditions. Nice to know that some companys will support what they sell. Kudos to both Gary and Seb in support.
John

Thanks for the head's up on Luna, I'm thinking of going BBSO2 on my trike and spoke to Dough on Saturday at Luna Cycle (surprised somone was there on the weekend), he was very cordial knew what he was talking about and sent me all the info I requested that day. I read the previous thread about the person getting rid of his BBSO2 and was worried but then read many posts on how well the Bafang held up and fit their needs. I'm sure i'm going BBSO2 just can't wait. Nick R.

Nick R. said:
JTL said:
I am one of those people that is quick to slam someone who I feel did me wrong and rarely every complement a company for doing the right thing and giving good service. Without going into unnecessary details I have had a couple of issues with Luna, one involving a motor that malfunctioned after a week or so and the second one involved a battery. In both instances Luna could have made me jump through hoops to get the issue resolved but they didn't. They took care of things in a timely and professional manner. I ended up purchasing a battery elsewhere only because Luna did not want my business but that doesn't matter to me. They likely figured I was a PITA. To me purchasing online has inherent risks and even more so with devices that are electronic and mechanical and subject to some pretty extreme conditions. Nice to know that some companys will support what they sell. Kudos to both Gary and Seb in support.
John

Thanks for the head's up on Luna, I'm thinking of going BBSO2 on my trike and spoke to Dough on Saturday at Luna Cycle (surprised somone was there on the weekend), he was very cordial knew what he was talking about and sent me all the info I requested that day. I read the previous thread about the person getting rid of his BBSO2 and was worried but then read many posts on how well the Bafang held up and fit their needs. I'm sure i'm going BBSO2 just can't wait. Nick R.

I have had both. The BBSO2 worked fine until it had a clutch issue, my BBSHD makes the same sounds so maybe it wasn't an issue after all. I upgraded, but for my riding style in retrospect I could have just stayed with the BBS02.

Battery spec's are always a bite sketchy. Like A123 20ah cell puts out 18.5 - 19.5 ah. They still sell it as 20ah . Still a great battery. And H.K. 40c lipo good for 20c. Real life. Then put a bms on it and loss 10% capacity ect. Or 2,000 charge cycles. How many have gotten 2,000 cycles ?

Back