Dillenger 250W 36V 13Ah - Samsung Conversion Kit advice

Jigzy

10 µW
What a great thread. I stumbled upon here while looking for reviews and advice about the Dillenger 250W 36V 13Ah conversion kit. (http://dillengerelectricbikes.com.au/electric-bike-kits/best-sellers/street-legal-electric-bike-kit-samsung-power-13ah-by-dillenger.html).
I am keen on purchasing this kit for a 3 - 5 day a week 30km return commute (15 + 15) mostly on a bike path in Brisbane. The throttle only range is stated to be 50km on the specs, does anyone know how true this is? Ofcourse I wont use the throttle all the time, probably mostly only on the inbound jouney only since i would like to arrive at my desitination sweat free.

Hi guys. I dont know if this thread belongs here, sorry if it doesnt. I stumbled upon this forum while looking for reviews about the Dillenger 250W 36V 13Ah conversion kit. (http://dillengerelectricbikes.com.au/el ... enger.html).
I am keen on purchasing this kit for a 3 - 5 day a week 30km return commute (15 + 15) mostly on a bike path in Brisbane, Australia.
The throttle only range is stated to be 50km on the specs, does anyone know how true this is? Ofcourse I wont use the throttle all the time, probably mostly only on the inbound jouney only since i would like to arrive at my desitination sweat free. Do you this kit will let me complete a 30km journey just on throttle? I would weigh maybe max 100kg including all my gear. Fast speed doesnt really matter to me at this stage.
Thanks guys

You can make range anything you want, by going slow enough. So you sometimes see dumb ass range claims, but this is not dumb, for 250w.

At 20 mph, 13 ah should get you about 15 miles. Slow down enough, and pedal, 50k/ 30 miles is plausible because you are pedaling at least half the needed energy.

250w of power generally gives you a pretty slow speed, 15 mph/24 kph or so.

Dillinger has mixed reviews by users. They are very successful and are generally good to deal with, I've only had a little to do with them myself. Some of there spec are a bit overrated. Anyway let's look at your situation.
36v x 10 ah = 360wh of useable battery ( out of 13)
360wh/50km =7wh/km.
If your commute is flat, you pedal well, and keep you speed to about 25kmh you'll get that range.
Add hills, speed, cargo, weak pedalling.... Sorry but I reckon you'll fall short.
for your work commute (30kms) you can afford 12wh/km. Much more realistic, but still a bit tight.
However this is still flattening your battery every trip. Which will give it a short life. Consider also that you will loose range as the battery ages.
Are there bigger battery options?
What's your commute terrain/conditions like. Target cruise speed?
K

Sold mine to someone who is doing 50km round trip-he has a ping 36v 10ah battery and because it's hilly and can be a bit windy he only gets about 20km on a full charge riding PAS level 5.

That's a long way of telling you the battery range will be marginal - if you stay on level 4 PAS you'll probably make it. But I think 13ah battery will degrade below the 30km within a year on level 5 even if it does it at the beginning. By which time you'll be ready for your next ebike. :D

Good aspect of that kit FME is the bike pedals nicely without the motor engaged. Frequently, I ride mine with the motor off or in PAS 1 (of 5). Also, perhaps you can charge at work.

kdog said:
Are there bigger battery options?
What's your commute terrain/conditions like. Target cruise speed?
K

Thankyou for your reply. From what i gather, you are telling me that I probably wont make the 30km without significant contribution from myself, or I should charge at work which is not a problem.
Not sure if they have bigger battery options, if they do I will opt for a bigger one for sure. Or I may also teach myself about batteries and such and attempt to build one myself later down the track. The more I research ebikes and such the more i see how much the can be modified and customized.
The terrain is all pretty much a dedicated concrete bike path and say maybe 10% of that is shitty hills. Shitty hills being hills i would probably walk up haha. At the moment i am not very fit which is another reason I want an ebike, to get me motivated to ride again.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I see that most of you are saying that I probably cant do the full trip without some significant peddle contribution from myself or that I should charge at work.
I think i will charge at work to play it safe.

dogman dan said:
You can make range anything you want, by going slow enough. So you sometimes see dumb ass range claims, but this is not dumb, for 250w.

At 20 mph, 13 ah should get you about 15 miles. Slow down enough, and pedal, 50k/ 30 miles is plausible because you are pedaling at least half the needed energy.

250w of power generally gives you a pretty slow speed, 15 mph/24 kph or so.

Hi, thanx for the reply dogman dan. That sounds promising! Im not a speed demon at all 20mph is plenty for me, dont even mind 10mph.
Im hoping get more fit as a I ride and hope to depend less on the electrics and increase the range even further.

Back