The Perfect Storm

Get real world experience and user feedback on the electric bicycle products.
Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 18 2017 1:53pm

Here it is

Image

How about this?

Image
Last edited by Theodore Voltaire on Mar 09 2018 1:41pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
teslanv   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2653
Joined: Nov 03 2013 8:42pm
Location: Bellevue, WA - USA
Contact:

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by teslanv » Jan 18 2017 2:01pm

That's a nice bike...
But I think mine is more perfecter. ;)
20160131_134345.jpg
DD Hubs, Batteries, Controllers & Custom Ebikes.
http://westcoastelectrics.com
West Coast Electric Cycles
Bellevue, WA
USA

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 18 2017 3:24pm

No matter where I ride, every guy thinks his bike is best. Why should we be any different? :D

Image

User avatar
motomech   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sep 11 2010 12:21am
Location: Tucson Az.

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by motomech » Jan 30 2017 2:18am

I'm really suprised that this post hasn't received more of a response. I looked at the storm when it first was being marketed, but there was some concerns over delivery dates. Looks like everything has worked out for the good.
If I was getting into the sport today, this is the route I would go. Frankly, I have more money in my 2WD mountain bike than the Storm, even the up-dated version.
Well done.
Motomech

'03 Rocky Mountain Edge 2WD 260 Q100H frt and Ezee V1 rear 2 Elifebike 20A & 25A 9-FET controllers 12S/20Ah Multistar Lipo rear 5Ah Turnigy frt Luna Cyclops Extra lite Alex 24DM rims, Crazy Bobs run ghetto tubeless. 25 mph. Mean Well HLG-320H-54A
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83430
'07 GT Idive 4 4.0, Q100C 201 14S LiPoly elifebike 9-FET 20A controller. 23 MPH.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49691&p=1378484#p1378484

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 30 2017 10:42am

motomech wrote:I'm really suprised that this post hasn't received more of a response. I looked at the storm when it first was being marketed, but there was some concerns over delivery dates. Looks like everything has worked out for the good.
If I was getting into the sport today, this is the route I would go. Frankly, I have more money in my 2WD mountain bike than the Storm, even the up-dated version.
Well done.
Thank you for your positive critique.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 30 2017 11:04am

teslanv wrote:That's a nice bike...
But I think mine is more perfecter. ;)
20160131_134345.jpg
Easy for this guy to say since he owns Kinaye Motorsports lol.

User avatar
BruceTS   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 05 2015 9:25am

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by BruceTS » Jan 30 2017 12:06pm

IMG_5818..jpg
IMG_5818..jpg (41.57 KiB) Viewed 4968 times
This is the Perfect Storm....... Last Saturdays small get together....
Genesis V2100, MXUS 3000W, Farfle Swing Arm (V2), 72v16ah 20s5p LG MH1 cells, range 70+ miles top speed 40mph

User avatar
BruceTS   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 05 2015 9:25am

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by BruceTS » Jan 30 2017 12:09pm

You could always go with dual 750's 52v battery for a 2WD and some Vee Snowshoe 5.5 tires for a fun machine in the sand
16299993.jpg
Genesis V2100, MXUS 3000W, Farfle Swing Arm (V2), 72v16ah 20s5p LG MH1 cells, range 70+ miles top speed 40mph

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 30 2017 12:32pm

BruceTS wrote:
IMG_5818..jpg
This is the Perfect Storm....... Last Saturdays small get together....
One thing worth noting about this picture is, this is not some kind of factory backed get together. These are all individual owners getting together to ride.

User avatar
Green Machine   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1464
Joined: Jan 18 2010 3:31am
Location: it doesnt matter .... spark a revolution
Contact:

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Green Machine » Jan 30 2017 2:15pm

I always said it was in incedible bike for the money if Sondors manages to delivers.

Later on in the campaign when Storm posted pictures of him in china it was clear he was going to deliver and man did he deliver.

I remember when i first saw a sondors in person i thought wow this is amazing bike for the money and someone who really loved that bike picked out every detail. Every part was thought out.

that bike looks better than most 3000 dollar bikes that existed in the industry at that time.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Feb 27 2017 11:07am

I made my bike a little more perfect with a 18 fet 35 amp controller. With this same configuration I've tried a 25 amp controller, a 35 amp with 12 fet, and a 35 amp with 18 fet. It keeps getting better each time.

Image

User avatar
Scoot440   1 W

1 W
Posts: 54
Joined: Nov 04 2011 9:17am
Location: Lubbock, TX

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Scoot440 » Feb 27 2017 1:46pm

That's a sweet bike!

What derailleur and shifter did you use when you added the 7-speed?
Scoot440
Lubbock,TX

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Feb 28 2017 12:09am

Scoot440 wrote:That's a sweet bike!

What derailleur and shifter did you use when you added the 7-speed?
I bought it on eBay.

Shimano Tourney TX35 6/7-Speed Rear Derailleur w/ Hanger

The shifter is a 7 speed grip shift

User avatar
Scoot440   1 W

1 W
Posts: 54
Joined: Nov 04 2011 9:17am
Location: Lubbock, TX

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Scoot440 » Feb 28 2017 3:12pm

Thanks!

Is your 750 watt motor the same as this one from Lunacycle?

https://lunacycle.com/48v-750w-geared-fat-motor-kit/
Scoot440
Lubbock,TX

User avatar
Chalo   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 7076
Joined: Apr 29 2009 11:29pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Chalo » Feb 28 2017 4:18pm

I've seen a few now. They look fine, but then so do Huffys. I wouldn't recommend one to someone who wants a reliable turnkey e-bike to put plenty of miles on. But for occasional recreational use, or someone who likes to tinker, it'll do.

Spend the same amount on a no-nonsense pedal bike, and you'll probably go faster.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Feb 28 2017 10:06pm

Chalo wrote:I've seen a few now. They look fine, but then so do Huffys. I wouldn't recommend one to someone who wants a reliable turnkey e-bike to put plenty of miles on. But for occasional recreational use, or someone who likes to tinker, it'll do.

Spend the same amount on a no-nonsense pedal bike, and you'll probably go faster.
As long as you don't mind spending $8000, go for it.

Image

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Feb 28 2017 10:08pm

Image
Last edited by Theodore Voltaire on Feb 28 2017 10:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Feb 28 2017 10:09pm

Image

st35326   100 W

100 W
Posts: 160
Joined: Jan 26 2016 9:46am
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by st35326 » Mar 01 2017 9:21am

My thing is I just don't want the same bike that everyone else has. I can't ride to the store here in SoCal without running into five of these things and the owners all want to have a discussion about it. I thought about getting my 66 year old father who (doesn't really ride) one for his birthday but ended up buying him a Juiced Rider instead.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Mar 01 2017 1:26pm

st35326 wrote:My thing is I just don't want the same bike that everyone else has. I can't ride to the store here in SoCal without running into five of these things and the owners all want to have a discussion about it. I thought about getting my 66 year old father who (doesn't really ride) one for his birthday but ended up buying him a Juiced Rider instead.
I can understand how that would get of old, but every other eBike brand wishes they had that problem. Here in Dallas they aren't that thick. I've only run across about 7 at large in the last year and a half, but that still beats any other single brand.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Mar 05 2017 11:17am

I made my bike a little more perfect with a set of Luna Lander air forks.

Image

Image

User avatar
chas58   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 706
Joined: Mar 19 2013 4:05pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan, USA

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by chas58 » Mar 06 2017 1:24pm

Nice bike theo. Good work in the community too. I remember all of the planning you were doing when this bike was first offered, especially those slow profile tires!. Looks like you have had a ball customizing yours! Now you need one of those little shorty rear fenders (if for nothing else, to keep the slime off the controller).

I'm really impressed that the Storm bikes came out so well - even better than I had imagined! I'm glad it turned out well.
25^3 bike: 25 lbs, 25 mph, 25 mile range.
Road and Mountain Bike Cute Q100 builds:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =3&t=49691

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Mar 07 2017 10:21am

chas58 wrote:Nice bike theo. Good work in the community too. I remember all of the planning you were doing when this bike was first offered, especially those slow profile tires!. Looks like you have had a ball customizing yours! Now you need one of those little shorty rear fenders (if for nothing else, to keep the slime off the controller).

I'm really impressed that the Storm bikes came out so well - even better than I had imagined! I'm glad it turned out well.
Thanks chas, it been a strange and exciting journey. Fenders are on my to do list.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Apr 02 2017 10:41am

I decided to dump the rear rack and install new fenders. These are Electra alloy fenders

Image

Image

torker   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1541
Joined: Oct 16 2008 8:46pm
Location: Udall, Ks.

Re: The Perfect Storm

Post by torker » Apr 02 2017 11:52am

Been away from the forum for 2 or 3 yrs. I remember these. Loved them.
Dave When I die I want to slide in sideways yelling WooHoo what a ride !

Giant Rincon w rear 9C 6*10 10s Lipo 30+ amps
Specialized FSR Comp 9C 6*10 15s x 50A 3300 W :)
http://s18.photobucket.com/user/rolinfu ... t=3&page=1

Post Reply