2+ years and 2500 miles later...

And still kicking! I just got back from a little light trail exploration. And thought I'd type up a long term report. I converted my Purplish blue 26" 1994 Giant 'Rincon' Mountain bike in April of 2015. 48v 1000w Ebay wheel/controller kit and Calibike 15Ah 48v battery. Throttle only no PAS hooked up. After 2 year's, and the typical trials of a new ebike owner..... I have to say I'm very happy with this project. Sorry No pic's But the bike has it's own FB page and blog where you can read more about it.

Nice! I've been happy with my throttle only ebay kits. Nothing beats the reliability of a direct drive hub and I hate extra wires. I have 3k+ miles on my 2 year old 1500w hub with no problems. That mileage is about to start increasing fast as I cover 100 miles a week right now on my regular bike and just finished building a 2000 watt commuter. Should be nice as I'm running a 29er frame with a 26" rim in the back for more relaxed geometry and better high speed tracking. So far the stability is second to none.

Back