Luna Black Box: anyone tried it yet?

https://lunacycle.com/luna-black-box-bbshd-bbs02-programmer/

Has anyone tried this? I live in a Mac home and haven't ever bothered to mess with programming my BBSHDs in PC emulator mode. It sounds like this could be very useful for those in this situation or for those without a desktop/laptop at all.

That's kinda cool, but why?
A used computer + the correct controller is cheaper than this. $50 computers are everywhere.

I'll admit, rolling my bike over to my desktop/laptop computer and dangling a cord out is a pain in the ass, but i wouldn't pay $150 and buy a piece of hardware that's specific to bafang just for the convenience of avoiding that.

Just my 2 cents..

My home is too small for another computer, cheap or otherwise, and we are still downsizing even more into a tiny house type place. Why buy a laptop that needs another charger, when I can keep this in the bike tool box? Also it is a lot easier to bring the programmer to the bikes than the bikes to our Mac. The buck and a half cost is not a big deal. I was just wondering if they are reliable and if they worked as advertised.

The device would be a handy tool for shops who installed Bafang systems to have, customers could swing by for a free reprogrammIng on the fly right out in the driveway.

Where can I get one? Anybody selling theirs? They're out of stock on their website, and I don't have a Windows Computer.
:|

You could buy a computer at a thrift store for like 10.. 20 bucks.

Bring a vga cord and a pair of power cables with you. If it posts, it probably works and might just need a used hard drive.
Hell you don't even need that, you can boot windows or ubuntu off a thumb drive these days.

Hell, bring ubuntu on a thumb drive and a keyboard with you. You'll be able to boot and see system information and see if the junkyard PC is worth the coin.

But even an old ass pentium 4 would probably runs windows 7 still so i wouldn't fret too hard on your selection of computer. :)

Ps, truth about luna is that they mostly resell other people's stuff and sometimes get a company or person to ship them some customized unit. Could be that the original vendor had a problem with either the product or the company reselling it, which is why many of them aren't in circulation. In the former case, consider yourself lucky you don't have one, ha.

WoodlandHills said:
https://lunacycle.com/luna-black-box-bbshd-bbs02-programmer/

Has anyone tried this? I live in a Mac home and haven't ever bothered to mess with programming my BBSHDs in PC emulator mode. It sounds like this could be very useful for those in this situation or for those without a desktop/laptop at all.

I have one and I love it. Have used it many times. They had a batch in stock recently, all gone again, I think, though. I take it out on rides so I can tune where I test. Not practical to do so with a PC. If you want to tweak your PAS settings for your riding, IMO it is much faster and simpler to use this, during rides, then to just make changes at home with PC.

Plus, it's too big to lose, unlike my programming cables!

EggRider, can use smart phones (iPhone Apple friendly) very small on handlebar. Much better thought out.

Features:
Lightweight and compact design keeping your handlebar clean
Small enough to avoid unwanted attention
Dust and water resistant - IP65 protection
Voltage reading between 20V up to 60V
First to detect real battery capacity and tracking stats of up to 3 batteries
Android and iOS mobile apps for more statistics and configurations
Providing flexibility to comply with road e-bike laws worldwide
Ability to use the EggRider app as a larger display
In-depth charts capability for your rides
One button switch between two profiles
Throttle yes/no
Pedal assist yes/no
Power level
Specifications:
Size: 75mm x 47mm x 35mm
Weight: 31g
Cable length: 30cm
Handlebar mounting bracket: standard 22.2mm diameter
Physical buttons: Power On/Off, Level Up/Down and popular Road/OffRoad mode switch
Connector: Higo/Julet waterproof 5 pin male/female (see image)
Bluetooth low energy (BLE)
Compatible with e-bikes based on Bafang motors (including Sondors), Lishui and Kunteng controllers and many other brands we keep discovering
For more information please read our EggRider Wiki page.

If you want to know what others think, join our EggRider users Facebook group.

Click here to see if EggRider is compatible with your e-bike.

Attachments

• 9F6DC970-47D7-4BBE-9145-C214C19DC982.jpeg
    9F6DC970-47D7-4BBE-9145-C214C19DC982.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 3,413
  • E26D0908-70D6-443B-A4B0-34191E7BD444.png
    E26D0908-70D6-443B-A4B0-34191E7BD444.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 3,413
  • 13A2C3F3-4B29-422F-9E05-5D5A58988C41.png
    13A2C3F3-4B29-422F-9E05-5D5A58988C41.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 3,413
  • 42592784-7F21-41E7-8B30-D2C8D28C6A82.jpeg
    42592784-7F21-41E7-8B30-D2C8D28C6A82.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 3,413
WoodlandHills said:
My home is too small for another computer, cheap or otherwise, and we are still downsizing even more into a tiny house type place.
Then why buy another single use gadget when you can use a multipurpose one instead?
Also it is a lot easier to bring the programmer to the bikes than the bikes to our Mac.
That's very true. If you have the room and money, no problem.

Back