Small query re the CA setup utility

Warekiwi

10 mW
I'm a newbie as regards the CA3 but am already a big fan. (I have a CA3 as control interface on a "QuattroVelo velomobile")
Recently I used the setup facility to update the firmware to 3.0 and adjust some of the presets. A couple of queries regarding this-
1. Is the CA setup facility unable to access more than 1 preset at a time? (I have two; one "legal" one and one marginally over these limits for rides well away from city areas.) I haven't found a way to read and adjust all the parameters in the non-current preset--only some of the parameters show up in the second column and much of it is "greyed out"

2.Ideally I would like to have PAS active in the "legal profile" but not in the other one-- this doesn't seem possible via the Setup facility??

I'm using "setup" on a Windows 10 netbook connected via the official USB cable - firmware update worked perfectly and ver3.1 seems to be a big improvement on the earlier versions.

Help anyone?

Warekiwi said:
1. Is the CA setup facility unable to access more than 1 preset at a time?
Console Setup only configures the current preset. Either go to the Presets and change Prst->CrntPrst or exit Setup and Hotswap to the desired preset.

The Setup utility can configure all presets at any time - even presets that cannot be accessed because the preset count is too low. Start by setting the number of presets so the column 2 & 3 grey outs will be correct although this isn't strictly necessary to edit the settings.

Warekiwi said:
2.Ideally I would like to have PAS active in the "legal profile" but not in the other one-- this doesn't seem possible via the Setup facility??

PasDeviceVsConfig.png

Back