Ancheer Electric Folding Bike

Hi guys,

Thought I'd give a short review on my newly acquired E-bike.

I was looking for a cheap electric bike to satisfy my thirst for something to ride around on here in the summer. (Northern Europe) The summer up here is short and with it ending soon I looked for something with fast delivery times.

Found a "no-name" brand on Ebay and with my ebay discount-code I just paid €417.

This picture was featured in the listing:

Qp4rHJh.jpg

After googling a bit, I found out that it was the "Ancheer"-brand sold unbranded on Ebay. Upon receipt I could see that it was infact Ancheer, my bike was also branded with stickers.

Quick stats:

Wheels: 20"
Motor: Rear Hub 250w
Battery: 36v 8Ah
Top speed 25/35km/h (according to listing)

Assembly was quick and painless, really just needed to attach the seatpost, steering, front-wheel and go through all bolts+screws to make sure they were secure.

I also attached the twist-throttle included (was in an extra box), fed the wire into the controller and unplugged the Limiter (white single-cable inside the controller).

For a more 'sporty'-look I opted to remove the rear-rack and fenders, here's how it looks now:

T6amXf7.jpg

Issues:

Disk-brakes (or perhaps the wheels) are not 100% in-line so there is a bit of play/wobble (few mm) when the wheels turn. This caused the brake pads to slightly hit the disk. Took me 2 hours to finally adjust it correctly, there's still a little wobble that hits the disk at one spot, but if I move the brake-pads further apart to fully fix it, the brakes won't grab hard enough on the disks to actually brake. For the price of the entire bike I'm "OK" with it. It's not bad and I suspect it may correct itself after I've put some milage on it.

Front-wheel is also not 100% straight with the alignment of the handlebar so the bar is slightly to the left when going straight, I'm sure this can be fixed, just haven't looked into it yet.

Performance:

On flats with throttle only, the top speed maxes out around 29km/h (18mph) and it's perfectly fine for a bike of this type, I wouldn't want to be going any quicker on a folding bike anyways. The same motor would probably do around the 35km/h as listed when fitted on 26"-29" wheels.

Acceleration is also fine, it's of course just a 250w geared hub motor, but has a nice pull all the way to the top.

I'm aprox 80kg (175lbs) and on a (although short) 10 degree hill it will pull me up without issues using throttle only. Speed of course drops to around 11-14km/h (8mph) but I could always help with pedaling for a higher speed. This is perfectly fine for me - I'm not racing anyone, this is just a "fun" way of getting around.

Range:

It's a small 8Ah battery and I initially had my doubts about how it would perform, but I must say I am very impressed. With a fully charged battery I went out on a 24km (14miles) ride, nearly using throttle only. I didn't give full-throttle all the time but rather a cruising speed. The roads driven were a mix of up-hill, down-hill and flats. Average speed for the session according to my GPS (included a small coffeebreak without riding) was 15 km/h (8-9mph).

Back home I still had 3 lights (out of 5) - although the last few km/miles it was showing 2 (of 5) lights while riding. I suspect that with "cruising-speed" using throttle only and with the occasional light-pedaling to help up-hill I could reach a total of 35 (21miles) on a full-charge if I was to run the battery fully down. VERY impressive.

Next time I'll try using pedal-assist only and see how far that takes me but I wouldn't be surprised if it can reach the advertised 60-90km (37-55miles) as stated.

Summary:

I'm extremely satisfied. Considering the price, this is a great deal. Even with the few issues mentioned I'm thrilled. Could highly recommend this for anyone looking for a fun CHEAP little cruiser!

Nickelodeon said:
Took me 2 hours to finally adjust it correctly, there's still a little wobble that hits the disk at one spot, but if I move the brake-pads further apart to fully fix it, the brakes won't grab hard enough on the disks to actually brake. For the price of the entire bike I'm "OK" with it. It's not bad and I suspect it may correct itself after I've put some milage on it.
Probably warped rotors; you'd need to bend them to fix it (or replace the rotors). Some info:
https://www.google.com/search?q=adjusting+warped+disc+brake+rotor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Front-wheel is also not 100% straight with the alignment of the handlebar so the bar is slightly to the left when going straight,
This is from not aligning the bars to the fork during installation.

Quick fix: loosen stem bolts, stand over front wheel with knees against wheel, align bar, tighten bolts. There's other methods you can look up, too.

Great tip for the disk rotors, I'll definitely look into that!

In regards to the handle-bar, then since it's a folding bike it's a bit of a different setup compared to a regular bike. On a normal bike I would easily be able to adjust it the way you mentioned there, but I honesty don't see how it's setup here.

^^ Disregard the above.. I completely forgot to check inside the folding mechanism and (obviously lol) there the bolt was :)

Excellent, then I'll have a bike without any issues after getting the tools out again :) - Thanks again mate!

amberwolf said:
Nickelodeon said:
Took me 2 hours to finally adjust it correctly, there's still a little wobble that hits the disk at one spot, but if I move the brake-pads further apart to fully fix it, the brakes won't grab hard enough on the disks to actually brake. For the price of the entire bike I'm "OK" with it. It's not bad and I suspect it may correct itself after I've put some milage on it.
Probably warped rotors; you'd need to bend them to fix it (or replace the rotors). Some info:
https://www.google.com/search?q=adjusting+warped+disc+brake+rotor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Front-wheel is also not 100% straight with the alignment of the handlebar so the bar is slightly to the left when going straight,
This is from not aligning the bars to the fork during installation.

Quick fix: loosen stem bolts, stand over front wheel with knees against wheel, align bar, tighten bolts. There's other methods you can look up, too.

Back