Friction drive 12v alternator w/26" hub wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

1of3

10 W
Has any one ever done this.?

12 volt light bulbs (1157 ?) & sockets are cheap, 12 volt 6 amp 14" 1000cfm fans are $20 each.

24/7 house fan force and lights for nadda sounds good to me.

Those with calculators can keep to themselves. Please.

What about practical experience, anyone.?

Thanks.

This is an early 1990's era setup.. is not very efficient.. and friction drive likes to eat tires and collect road dirt which clogs up the motor and roller surface.

Cheap, but not recommended. Chain drive and hub motor drive are far superior.

neptronix said:
This is an early 1990's era setup.. is not very efficient.. and friction drive likes to eat tires and collect road dirt which clogs up the motor and roller surface.

Sorry,

Mean to have stationary, mounted on purpose to compress against a wide 'pulley' alternator. Have 26" hub motor, want to turn alternator for 12 volt power.

So, maybe a belt around 24~" wheel instead of filling tire tube for 'traction' would be less work to hub motor.?

Board index ‹ Alternative Energy ‹ Alternative Energy

1of3 said:
neptronix said:

Sorry,

Mean to have stationary, mounted on purpose to compress against a wide 'pulley' alternator. Have 26" hub motor, want to turn alternator for 12 volt power.

So, maybe a belt around 24~" wheel instead of filling tire tube for 'traction' would be less work to hub motor.?
So if I get this right you want to use an alternator and your hub motor to convert the voltage from your ebike battery to 12 volts?
There are far more efficient ways to do this without rotating parts.
Look up DC DC converter on ebay.

I a was just asking folks that actually attempted to do so, not hear say.

But, then again. You may not no me. I am a mason.

Practiced practicality is pretty much law.

Attempted to do what???

I read your post 3 times and I still have no idea what you want to accomplish. What's truly weird is the fact that you ask questions but don't want an answer from people who know how to calculate. I know a couple brick workers myself and they are not bad at math.

"hear say"? You must mean theories. Without theories, we would still be living in the dark age.

You threw me off when you said friction drive, so my bad. That's usually a term used for oldschool ebike systems..

Um anyway i don't know what you're trying to do either. lol. Trying to generate electricity for your house by pedaling a bike to generate power?

Sorry for any confusion.

I am just asking if any one has ever used an electric powered wheel to turn an alternator.

What did you do, what is the results.?

As I will do it, just out of curiosity.

Unless making beans from dog shit don't work. State it, with YOUR results. Not urls of 'fact'.

All others, don't bother.

Pretty simple.

1of3 said:
But, then again. You may not no me. I am a mason.
Ah that explains it, thick as two bricks.
Feel free to ignore several hundred years of scientific knowledge.
No one does what you describe any more because there are better ways but it will probably work just poorly.
on the other hand it sounds like you just want to waste your time and thats fine by me.
have a nice day troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back