Solar System installed!

shn1k3rs

1 mW
Hey Guys,

Just got my grid-tie solar system installed! 5.7kw of SolarWorld 240w panels with 500w BlueFrog Solar Microinverters. Still waiting on production meter but our "net-metering" meter has been turning backwards every day for the last 7 days! Free ebike charging here I come!

-Morgan

Attachments

• IMG_0799 copy.jpg
    IMG_0799 copy.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 2,704
Nice!

It seem that you will need more than an ebike to take all these kWh you produce!

really curious to see your average Watts production !

Doc

DOC:I live in Seattle, i'm current pushing an average of 3.5kw from 10am-3pm to the grid. On a cloudy day its down in the ~1kw range but still better then nothing. The micro-inverters are REALLY efficient and do a killer job when the array is shaded. The EV for the wife is in progress :)

Parajared: I got a killer price on the system pay back is calculated at 5 years.

pretty far north for such a low angle setup. you need to think of how to get up there regularly to clean them too. that's why portland and seatlle are grunge cities, it grows on the roof. i finally worked on my skylights last week. that stuff is hard to scrub off after it has a year to grow.

really big system, my neighbor is only about 3kW i think. he is lucky because the roof is steep and the panels point due south with no trees at all.

way cool, my only solar project was for domestic hot water on a house in the mountains in colorado. that was 40o, 6 small panels total 100sqft and 120 gallon storage. already saved $20k in hot water heating costs in 27 years, plus the full tax credits available back then. remember jimmy carter? remember what reagan did to the panels on the white house? plus he deregulated the airlines which went bankrupt and the financial system too which finally blew up in 2008. but he did pay my grad student assistance while i worked on his star wars lasers.

I have a 9.24kw This is todays production the counter started to measure 5/5/2012 , its feels good to charge the bike from this Babies. Wishing you the best

Doctorbass said:
Nice!

It seem that you will need more than an ebike to take all these kWh you produce!

really curious to see your average Watts production !

Doc

Check this link if you want.
http://zeis.solarlog-web.eu/909.html

Solar-Log - Yield overview of 28/9/12 - 10:30:10 P28/9/12
Εισερχόμενα
x

m0245789@home.solarlog-web.eu
10:30 μ.μ. (Πριν από 3 ώρες)

προς Εμένα
Day:
Total 47.08 kWh
Spec. 5.09 kWh/kWp
Max 6.95 kW
Target 45.12 kWh
Act. yield 104 %

Month:
Total 1256.0 kWh
Spec. 135.8 kWh/kWp
Max 52.9 kWhMax
Average 43.3 kWh
Target 1264.6 kWh
Act. yield 99 %

Year:
Total 7576 kWh
Spec. 819 kWh/kWp

I bet all those microinverters are great aroung those trees. My guess is that you could have partial shading and the panels with full sun and their individual inverters will produce at their full output. Nice! :)

Great Looking set up! Our you on a PPA power purchase agreement or did you buy the system?

edcastrovalley: Yup its pretty sweet to watch the individual MI power/temp graphs spike at full sun and then half the array hit a cloud.

Calverdun: Bought and paid for.

I'm green as shrek with envy. The microinverters are sure the way to go.

Just got my first pwer bill since the system was installed. I have a 80 dollar credit! The power company calculated my bill from June and i only used 856 kwhr from july 18 to december 18! GO Net metering.

shn1k3rs said:
Just got my first pwer bill since the system was installed. I have a 80 dollar credit! The power company calculated my bill from June and i only used 856 kwhr from july 18 to december 18! GO Net metering.

Outstanding Morgan! A 5yr ROI with solar in Seattle. It's insanity that systems aren't wildly popular.

Very Nice, what was your approximate cost? Did you install yourself?

Drew:System cost was 18.5K, or $3.21 per watt, which is a pretty much unheard of around here. I had a local company do the install (h, they provided the panels, racking and the utility interconnect stuff, my dad works for the inverter company so I was able to get the inverters for a screamin deal.

John:yeah i'm pretty stoked to see what summer looks like. I will post some graphs soon of what im looking at now.

Hey Guys,

Quick update: The system has been performing awesome even though the winter. Here is our power production throughout the winter. The September and October graph bars are not accurate as I was moving my monitoring system around and it didnt record a bunch of production data.

chart.png

Morgan

Back