Gas vapor genarator

soldham

10 W
I have just finished building a genarator that is 5000watts and will run for 10 hours on 1/2 a gallon of gas. I am posting this to see if I can find anyone that would be willing to go in with me to get this out. The manual says that it uses 5 gallons every 10hrs. But I have modified the brigs. one that I have to run for 10 hours on 1/2 a gallon.

"Go in with you" sounds like you want financial investors.

If it works and was easy to do, just posts pics and write up how you did it. If you want to sell an E-book, they are easy to write and sell on the internet, no "investors" needed.

The guy who wrote the book on running a gasoline engine on gasoline vapor was Smokey Yunick.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokey_Yunick

This isn't a new concept, gas will already turn into a vapor pretty easily. There are (at least) two approaches to accelerating this, blowing bubbles into the fluid or using ultrasonic transducers. This idea can be used to replace carburetors, using gasoline vapor is said to be radically more efficient, effective while requiring substantially less maintenance and up front cost comparatively.

I don't know if you are trying to scam suckers out of money for 'your' idea, but unless you have found a way to produce an even finer mist than what ultrasonic transducers can produce or something amazingly new, I'd suspect your just blowing smoke.

5 gallons every 10 hours equals 10hp air cooled engine generating 6 2/3rds hp in watts. (5,000w) Sounds typical for a generator, though I'm definitely not an expert on them.

0.5 gallons every 10 hours = 1hp air cooled engine generating 500 watts.

Liquid cooled engine might only use 3 gallons in 10 hours to generate the 5,000 watts, because it doesn't need to release as much unburned gas to release heat from the chamber. If you could cool the chamber without unburned gas being VAPORIZED to carry heat away, you could use under 2.5 gallons in 10 hours. If you could use 100% of the energy conversion to power the generator and have NO heat loss, you could possibly use 1 gallon or less in 10 hours and get your 10hp. My guess is you can't run you engine without there being more than 0.5 gallons of heat.

Any carburetor vaporizes fuel, you're just trying to say yours can do it better. Fuel injection works better than carburetor vaporizing.

If you want to run a 10hp engine on a half gallon for 10 hours, you'll need something with a greater energy potential than gasoline.

Oh, and if Smokey wrote that book, you KNOW he CHEATED!

18-68smokey-yunick-camaro.jpg

this is no scam by no means I don't want anyone's money all I am doing is asking for directions on how I should bring this to the public this does not have a carburetor I super heat the the gas vapors and inject them into the engine this motor will run for 10 hours on a little over a half of gallon of gasand although I know this is not a new idea meanie have found it difficult 2 do iT,in a safe way.I know that this invention can help a lot of peopleI am however tempted to write a book on how I modified the engine

as for the people who don't believe me I will be glad to put on a demonstration anytime they would likeI have been running this generator as my secondary power source at my house for the last 4 months when the lights go out when it is stormingI can run all the lights in my living room my kitchen my big screen TV my computer and my fridge with no problem

Soldham this statement needs a qualifier:
this motor will run for 10 hours on a little over a half of gallon of gas

At what exact load? To substantiate the claim, (not saying that in an adversarial way, but in a make the claim bullet proof way) you need to read in real time the load voltage and current with an integrating wattmeter. The load should be purely resistive and held constant. Then you can calculate Watt hours/gallon or some version of that metric.

Good luck. I worked on ultrasonic atomizers and multiple spark ignition systems in the late 1970's. They helped emissions a bunch and efficiency a little. We found no 10x increase in BSFC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption).

Here I am in the test cell around 1972!
InatecDynoVert.jpg

5000 watts for 10 hours (50,000 watt-hours) on 1/2 gallon of gas which contains about 36,000 watt-hours of energy. LOL! Just another above unity scam.

I think we are meant to believe that a tv a fridge and a couple of energy savers proves 5kw.

A tenth of the input for a tenth of the output weighs up better in my mind.

So not the edit button then.

edit: Might as well make something of it...

You know how superconductors repel magnetic interference. .link http://www.nature.com/news/antimagnet-renders-magnets-invisible-1.10292
Well the warmest one we have is right in the middle of absolute zero and freezing. If you covered a space suit in it, and stood in the shadow of the earth, would you be propelled in to space? It seems that nothing would happen. The magnetic lines bend around the object, but don't seem to have any motive force upon it.

I'm thinking towards magnetic shielding for space travel, and some sort of shaded pole motor. I think I have some sound motor theory. Much Impossible to explain without drawing, but this might make sense. Think of a clock where all the numbers are the south end of bar magnets. The hands are free to turn and are also bar magnets. Positioned with there south's outermost. The hands would have no compulsion to move, but could you make superconductive shielding to cover the hands tip, and dare I call it 'the leading edge'
I would love to try it. I think it would be an interesting display if nothing else. It could never generate enough to cover cooling it's own superconductors, but in the shadows of space that might come free.

He says, as if it would work :)

soldham said:
I know this is not a new idea meanie

If you want to say you've invented something, you're going to need far thicker skin that calling salad a "Meanie" for bringing up it's been done.

One gallon of gasoline has the energy POTENTIAL of 33.7kWh, f(x). One half gallon 16.85kWh, f(y).

5(x)=168.5kWh in 10 hours. 5(x)/10=f(y)=16.85kWh of energy POTENTIAL used to create 5kWh from your generator in one hour by the manufacturers specs. If efficiency was PERFECT, your generator would run 3 hours 21 minutes on a half gallon of gas. That's if there is NO HEAT LOSS and your engine remained room temperature. With that I'm being unrealistic, right? OF COURSE there are losses. But the laws of physics which ES fears and respects and we are all chained to and enslaved by say you cannot generate 5kW an hour for 10 hours on 16.85kWh of gasoline. Energy can only be converted from another source at a net loss, it cannot be created.

You are claiming that you are running a closed system mechanical device without a sustaining energy source and gaining more energy from it than you originally put in. That is why mean--- er, SALAD questioned your motives. This is why John in CR brought up 'Overunity.'

Maybe you misunderstand your own writing, but when you say you want others to "Go in with" you, it's as Mr. Magnets said, you're looking for money. Which of course we understand is NECESSARY to bring this to market or even further develop it.

The Moose told you the right way to test your system. Personally I think a 5kWh generator should be able to power a whole lot more than you said it had powered. The frig doesn't even run continuously, right? You're hearing from people looking at a lot of different angles, no one is seeing anything reasonable.

My generator puts out about 750 watts and is made by Kyrocera. It automatically starts itself in the morning and shuts down at night. It's very quiet and doesn't seem to put out much in the way of offensive smells or CO2 gas. I basically ignor this generator most of the time but I hate to have a generator running with no load on it so I use it to charge 8 golf cart batteries. Then with my 2000 watt inverter I can run my refrigerator, tv, laptop, etc. whenever there's a storm or power outage and I haven't had to add any gas to it yet which is a definite plus. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back