Load sharing between Solarpanel and Grid (without batteries)

newbiebiker

100 mW
hi guys,
is it possible to go without bateries (no power cut or zero shut down in our area) ?
think my home is connected to Grid and solar panel.

If my home usage in higer than solar panel generating power means, it have to get extra power from grid (only extra power, not full power), is it possible..? in night, it must get full power from grid.

is it possible, i heard about MPPT, but confused, so please suggest me
Thanks

Input :
Grid

Alternative input :
solar panel
BLDC windmill

output (or load):
home

if the alternative input is higer than load => extra power transfer to grid
if the alternative input is lower than load => extra power taken from grid.

Offtopic:
may be i add spare BLDC motor as generator, so controller must able to withstand upgrade.

Hi there seems like you thinking along the same lines, though i wont confess to know alot i do know that if you have power all the time but want to maximise the use of solar during the day and use the solar to effectively power your home usage needs you need a couple of factors to be considered.
Firstly you need to consider the usage and peak load
Secondly you need to then know that you arent storing the power and the batteries in any system are the Capacitor Storage for lack of a better explaination, when the fridge turns on the spike can be well in the 1000 watt range, but if the microwave or washing machine does the same it can be in the 2000s of watts, effectively you need a SMa inverter like a sunny boy, something that can handle the peak loads for brief moments and also take care of the spike, im not sure what the momentary peak load that the sunny boy can handle but head over to sma's website and have a look good value for money and clever devices that can run purely off solar pv if necessary .
Grid tie will work if you want to fee excess energy pack into the grid and can do so with out storage into batteries but then you wil need a grid tie hybrid inverter something that can run on the grid off the grid and give back power to the grid when you making the excess, there are a few options but i havent investigated them.

let us know know more about your setup and im sure we can give you the direction you want to be in .

LATRONICS PVE 1200

48V battery use wind to charge that and solar controller to connect panels to battery.

works fine exports extra when batts fully charged

Back